shape
carat
color
clarity

The plan worked out perfect, thanks for the opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkle Boy

Rough_Rock
See the limk for the background
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ladies-opinion-on-picking-out-settings.45904/

Cliff notes:
She said yes and the plan worked out perfect. Read below for the juicy details.

Just got back from vacation, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave their opinions on my proposal idea and the diamonds I picked out.

Everything went great. We made it to the beach and I was able to get her father alone and talk to him the night we got there. It was a great talk and actually very fun. He told me I better take care of her. My fiancé didn''t suspect a thing; she thought we were just out chatting. We awoke the next day and went to church, and then I needed to figure out a way to get out of the house and pick up dinner and wine. I was able to talk her brother into letting me borrow the car. I got a little lost driving around Myrtle Beach, but I bought a bottle of her favorite type of wine, some cheese and crackers she likes, and a sandwich. I also got a bottle of champagne for the limo ride.

She was a bit upset that I was gone for about 3 hours, missing out on the first beach time of the vacation. I had told her I was running out to grab a few things I forgot to pack. She wondered what took so long and I told her I got lost. She looked a little suspicious but not to much. I had been telling her for about three weeks that I wanted to go to a nice dinner for my birthday and I would pick out the restaurant, so she didn’t think going out alone was weird. I told her about an hour before we left I thought it would be a great idea if her good friend and husband went with us to dinner because she hadn’t seen them for so long. They were in on the plan and agreed quickly to play along.

So I threw a backpack in the back of their truck full of dinner, wine, the ring, and the scrapbook I made, and we take off. We had about a 40 minute drive to the sailboat pick-up point, about half way there it starts pouring. Her friend quickly tells her husband that his golf shoes are in the back and they will get wet for our game tomorrow if he doesn’t pull over. Quick thinking allows me to grab the backpack and the shoes and put them in the front seat, safe from the rain. We drive through the storm and it is perfect weather when we get to the marina. I tell them to drop us off and park, they pull away, leaving my fiancé wondering what is going on.

I tell her that we have having a nice dinner on a boat. I think she started wondering what was going on, but wasn’t too suspicious yet. We get on the boat and it is great, nice breeze, just us and the captain. We chat with the captain and eat some dinner as we sail in the bay. As the sun started setting we made our way down to the front of the boat and just talked about things. She just kept saying how perfect this evening was. I took that as the opportunity to tell her it needed one more thing. I pulled the ring out of my pocket and asked her to marry me. Thankfully she accepted and we continued to talk for about an hour as we sailed back to the marina. I had a great speech all prepared for the proposal but I decided to just talk from the heart and it worked out great. The captain was great, he went down below for about 30 minutes and we had the boat to ourselves.

We got back to the marina and she expected her friend to be there to pick us up, but there was a nice limo waiting there to take us back to the beach house. On the ride over we had some champagne and I showed here the scrapbook I had put together. It started out with the original directions she had given me to her house for our first date. I had saved them and put them in there. I also included some pictures of the great times we have had in our relationship so far. Then I had all the diamond research I did on Pricescope printed out for her. I had the info on her diamond. If you remember I put it in a simple setting and wanted her to pick out the setting she wanted. I had all the setting pictures I liked and why I thought she would like them. We arrived back at the beach house and her whole family was waiting there with cameras ready. It was a great celebration and just what she wanted. It was a great evening.

She loved the scrapbook, as did all the women on the trip. I did get some friendly ribbing from the men at the house. I almost had my man card revoked for the artsy pages I did for her.

I know this was long but I thought some of you might like the details. Please know that many of you on here helped so much with opinions and comments on my ideas. Many more of you helped more than you could know. I read so many postings, looked at so many beautiful rings and diamonds, and took in so many opinions I was able to feel very comfortable with this huge purchase.

We get to go pick out a setting now, and oh yeah plan a wedding.

Thanks again

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats sparkle boy. please come back with pictures once she chooses the setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope my girls marry a boy as nice as you! What a very special proposal!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Contratulations! I love the narration. Ahh, don''t listen to the men. I''m sure the women on here will give you back you mancard :)

Very pretty stone too :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story, and so much thought put into it. Congrats, you did good!

lol at the man card being revoked!

Sparkle Boy

Rough_Rock
I will post up some pictures of the setting when we (or she
9.gif
) picks it out. She has been beeming since I proposed, it is great to make her this happy.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Glad to hear it went well! Definitely keep us posted on which setting she goes for!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome, congratulations!!! Looking forward to the pics.
1.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for SparkleBoy! I knew you''d pull it off! LOL about the near-revoking of your Man Card....it''s cool that you''re a good sport and can laugh about it. It was sweet and heartfelt, and not mushy at all. I can''t wait to see what kind of ring you choose together!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh so glad to hear it went well! I just checked out the whole story, and you are so thoughtful! I love the ring and I think it looks great in the simple setting. Let us know what she decides to do!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
What a great proposal...how bout pictures of the ring when it''s set
2.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results