shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds in the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
No, literally!! I read this little piece of information on this website and thought I''d share:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/top10_star_mysteries-10.html

If you don''t want to visit the site, this is what it says:

"When a star the mass of our Sun uses up its nuclear fuel, it expels most of its outer layers to leave just a very hot core called a white dwarf. Scientists had speculated that at the bottom of a white dwarf’s 31 mile (50 kilometer)-thick crust was crystallized carbon and oxygen, similar to a diamond. And in 2004, they found that a white dwarf near the constellation Centaurus, BPM 37093, was made of crystallized carbon weighing 5 million trillion trillion pounds. In diamond-speak, that’s 10 billion trillion trillion carats!"

How much would a flight to that star cost??? I''m am hopping on the next flight!! J/K. Wow, 10 billion trillion trillion carats...
30.gif
Enough for all of us to have the jewerly of our dreams and more!
9.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hahah, Milly, you''re funny! And I"m just imagining this ideal cut 10 million trillion ct. diamond floating though the galaxy. Wowww! Imagine the fire coming off that stone
6.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Well, chip me off a piece of that ROCK!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results