shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible Tiff. Knife Edge Repros

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
Basically i've been searching for a close tiffany reproduction for under 500 dollars. So far we came up with UnionDiamond which was awesome but they have told me they don't sell anymore without my buying the diamond from them and i love my existing diamond to death. (next maybe i can inquire if I can buy a .1 ct diamond from them and the setting and have my own diamond set into it, haha).

So where else have we seen them? I just found one on www.betterthandiamond.com , unfortunately it comes with a 3 mm wide shank which I think is too thick. Even though it says it is an "exacting replica". I don't mind white gold ive decided, doesn't have to be platinum.

http://www.betterthandiamond.com/diamonds/jewelry/rings/repro.tiff.solitaire.php

And there is another on niceice, http://www.niceice.com/jewelry/knife_edge_solitaires.htm

prong.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think it is SuperbCert that makes a great Tiffany repro- I know PS member Demelza has it/had it- if you do a search for her thread, I am sure it will pop up...

dani13

Ideal_Rock

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Here it is- it is from SuperbCert and runs about 1K, but from what I have read, it is one of the best Tiffany repro's out there..

SCKE.jpg

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Hey FrouFrou!

I actually tried on BTD's Tiffany Repro the other day (for the first time) and it made me do a double take. My first question was "is that really 3mm????", and the lucky ringholder said yes. It really did NOT look like a 3mm band. My former e-ring was 3mm and this looked much thinner. And, unlike some knife edges, the BTD Tiffany Repro is very comfortable. I couldn't believe it. I'm getting a ring custom-made as we speak, but if I had seen this ring earlier, I would have ordered it instead (great price!). The one I saw was 18K gold and it looks great even after 3 years (no replating necessary).

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Can the BetterThanDiamonds ring be ordered without the Asha stone?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have any hand pictures of this ring?

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
i saw this setting on dimendscaasi (?), but I am not sure how much it is.

It looks like a really good replica.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 5:46:51 PM
Author: Shawna13
Hey FrouFrou!

I actually tried on BTD''s Tiffany Repro the other day (for the first time) and it made me do a double take. My first question was ''is that really 3mm????'', and the lucky ringholder said yes. It really did NOT look like a 3mm band. My former e-ring was 3mm and this looked much thinner. And, unlike some knife edges, the BTD Tiffany Repro is very comfortable. I couldn''t believe it. I''m getting a ring custom-made as we speak, but if I had seen this ring earlier, I would have ordered it instead (great price!). The one I saw was 18K gold and it looks great even after 3 years (no replating necessary).

hey Shawna,

Are you sure it was the Tiffany Repro you saw? Their Tiffany repro was not even in production 3 years ago, it is a fairly recent setting, not more than two years old at the most.

I know as I have been a member of that website for over 3 years now.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 3:01:06 PM
Author: BlackDiamond21
It appears that Whiteflash can do that for you under $500. Here is the link.. http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/6-Prong--Tiffany--Style-in-Platinum_667.htm# Good luck!

that setting is actually just a standard 6 prong setting that many call "tiffany." it's not an actually Tiffany repro liked the suberbcert one..

gi_ST6Pptl_f.jpg

sideview of superbcert:

541_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results