shape
carat
color
clarity

The Demon Dog jumped into the Chicago River!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DeeJay...I''m so sorry for laughing...I can just see that happening with the demon dog in this house. Our shepard/collie is lovely and docile, but our husky is another story. INSANE. The lovely Chicago river...green year-round...I agree that a trip to the vet couldn''t hurt. 20 feet is quite a distance. I''m glad the demon dog and dh are well. Good for him that he loves that dog so much to go after him, and good for him he''s safe!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
We''d have done the same thing.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 12:31:13 PM
Author: Mara
I told Greg the story last nite and he goes 'well we'd jump in after Portia'...I was like OF COURSE....so HH is not alone in his madness. hehee.
Yep - gotta say that I'd jump in after my Nicky - no questions asked. And I'm quite sure Rich would too.

Glad everyone is ok (although traumatized after the fact), and hoping for a few peaceful days for you from here on out!
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The people in the management office of my complex just called and asked me what was going on because the security at the guardhouse had given them some sort of report that my husband and dog had shown up last night barefoot and dripping wet and asking to be let in the gate. (HH didn't have any keys with him because he never expected to be OUTSIDE the gate, LOL.) After I explained what happened told me that *next time* we should get security from the guardhouse to break the glass on the flotation device on the bridge right there and have them throw it in so my husband can hold on to it for bouyancy while he's in the water.

*Next time*?!? THERE WILL BE NO NEXT TIME! The Demon is never going to be left off his leash again anywhere!

And if we could get clear up to the guardhouse and give them instructions to break the glass and throw in the flotation device, well maybe they could call 911 too while they're at it!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
That is too rich! I''m sure they want to protect themselves, but I''m with your husband on this... save the dog or run up the guardhouse, tell the whole story and wait for them to react... He might not have been able to find the dog after all that! And I really hope there never is a "Next Time"!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
Now that''s a story.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, DJ, I''m so glad both are okay. What a harrowing situation.

By the way, I''ve always wondered why you referred to him as the Demon Dog. Can you post the link to that story? It sounds interesting.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cin - we just "affectionately" refer to him as The Demon Dog because of his personality. He such a little Demon at times! Any mischeavious thing that a dog could do, he''s done it...

And I''m happy to report that last night was completely uneventful. HH did make a sad faced comment that The Demon will be so miserable if he''s not allowed to romp around the dog run any more because he loves it so much. I, shall we say, "lost my cool" a little bit. Something to the tune of: "ARE YOU SOME SPECIAL KIND OF STUPID??? IF I EVER EVEN SUSPECT THAT YOU LET HIM OVER THERE EVER AGAIN OFF HIS LEASH I''M DIVORCING YOU AND MOVING TO ANOTHER STATE AND CUTTING OFF ALL CONTACT SO I DON''T HAVE TO LIVE THROUGH THE AGNOY OF FINDING OUT YOU DROWNED TRYING TO GET HIM ACROSS THE RIVER AGAIN!!!"

I hope my message was clear enough.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, yeah, I think your hubby got the message.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results