shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie here/need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I''m a newb to the pricescope.com forums and wanted to introduce myself and my rings. I don''t know all the specs offhand, but for now here''s a picture of my set:
rdcxo

It''s a .86 radiant cut diamond, E color, VS1 clarity with six channel set round diamonds. My wedding band is .40 cw round diamonds (19 in all), all set in white gold. I''ve never liked my engagement ring setting; I don''t think it shows the diamond off well enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated- thanks in advance!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
35.gif

I can''t really tell how high/low your center diamond is set, but from this picture I *think* is low. Maybe raising it up a bit and having smaller prongs would make it POP a bit more.

Or, do you want to get a toally different e-ring setting? And if so, do you want it to still coordinate with you current wedding ring or do you want to switch out both rings?

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
It''s set pretty low (sorry, no side pictures yet) so I thought that raising the setting would help. I wouldn''t mind totally changing the setting, as long as it still coordinated with my wedding band, which is pretty simple. Thanks for your response :)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I actually like your e-ring setting with the wedding band, but I think the prongs are too big. It will show off the stone more if you make the prongs smaller.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 12:59:20 AM
Author: qtiekiki
I actually like your e-ring setting with the wedding band, but I think the prongs are too big. It will show off the stone more if you make the prongs smaller.

I agree. Your ering setting goes very well with your band. If you decide to keep it or change it, definitely get more delicate prongs. You can look into whether it will cost anything to have the current prongs on your ring shaved down, or just see whether it''s possible to have a new head put in.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think that you should get smaller prongs as well, maybe split prongs?? But your set is lovely!!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Molly welcome
35.gif

I would definitely get thinner prongs and maybe a thinner 2 mm plain band, that would make the diamond pop more. Also having the diamond raised a little might look good too.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I went to a jeweler today (just moved to FL) and found out that my diamond isn''t set properly- the prongs are too big for the diamond, creating gaps which I saw under a microscope. I don''t think I''m going to keep this setting regardless, so I contacted whiteflash and am visiting area jewelers. Keep you posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results