shape
carat
color
clarity

WF 2.575 ACA and custom setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
This one seems somewhat hazy too.

PICT0177.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Other pics.

PICT0172.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm how odd re the haziness. could it be that the ring is dirty? when my pavilion is dirty, yak...also i notice that since my diamond sits so low in my head, it shows up right away when it''s dirty on the pavilion.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 12:40:50 AM
Author: Mara
hmm how odd re the haziness. could it be that the ring is dirty? when my pavilion is dirty, yak...also i notice that since my diamond sits so low in my head, it shows up right away when it''s dirty on the pavilion.
Can you see what I''m talking about with the pics? I don''t think it''s dirty - I cleaned it right before, but not with an ultrasonic. It doesn''t look hazy at all in other lighting. Does yours never look like that?

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

PICT0173.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

PICT0174.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

PICT0175.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

PICT0176.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
last one...thanks again for the comments everyone!

PICT0180.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t know if i would call that haziness...to me it''s more of a ''diffused'' look within the stone. i don''t know if mine looks like that...it looks lots of different ways and i don''t catch it all the time but to me that doesn''t look BAD. it still looks stunning in those pictures. and all the pictures you have posted look fabulous, even that first one. it could be that the stone is so much larger than your old one you can see so much more in it...so it seems like this one is ''hazy'' or more diffused whereas your old one may have been but maybe you didn''t notice?

just thinking out loud...i honestly have no idea...

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 12:49:39 AM
i don''t know if i would call that haziness...to me it''s more of a ''diffused'' look within the stone. i don''t know if mine looks like that...it looks lots of different ways and i don''t catch it all the time but to me that doesn''t look BAD. it still looks stunning in those pictures. and all the pictures you have posted look fabulous, even that first one. it could be that the stone is so much larger than your old one you can see so much more in it...so it seems like this one is ''hazy'' or more diffused whereas your old one may have been but maybe you didn''t notice?

just thinking out loud...i honestly have no idea...
Maybe that''s it - I was sort of expecting it to look amazing at all times, but maybe that''s unrealistic? I haven''t had an ideal cut stone before, so I wasn''t sure. I just haven''t seen the high contrast, "crispness" that I see in yours and others'' photos - maybe it''s the lighting?

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
hazy?

ccc22.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
another

ccc21.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
side

ccc23.JPG

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Teagreen ~
emrose.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif

Beautiful diamond & ring setting!
9.gif

Thanks for sharing with us, and as always, anytime you have more
emphoto.gif
''s to share ... I''ll be here waiting!
face23.gif

Oh, and don''t forget to add your new beauty to the "J" thread!
2.gif

Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Teagreen, beautiful beautiful ring! The stone is gorgeous and so is the setting. Congratulations on getting this beauty
1.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
very, very pretty, teagreen! (oops, my fingers type faster than my brain thinks)

It looks so large on your small fingers! Lovely stone.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow teagreen, it''s just GORGEOUS!!! It looks so huge on your hand too. Love the head, love the whole thing! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh if you haven''t had a super ideal before then maybe it''s just unrealistic expectations. the diamonds do look different in various lighting situations. i used to not like my old diamond very much in sunlight but this one is just bling bling. i think each diamond has it''s own personality actually...and even though it''s a superideal it may perform differently than mine or another person''s well-cut stone just based on minor nuances in the cut.

i think it looks just lovely in your pictures, those hand shots with the colors inside of them are divine, those don''t look hazy in the least to me. it''s hard for me to get good hand shots like that with colors inside. what kind of camera are you using also? i use extreme macro on my closeups and crop out the diamond so it''s even more closeup. also i don''t get crisp shots all the time, i discard TONS before putting up the 5 or so that you guys all see. sometimes it''s just getting lucky with a few amazing shots out of 100.

oh and cleaning it not with an US doesn''t work for me. hand-cleaning my stone then taking pictures totally doesn''t work. i need the US or else it just looks horrible. i can see in some of the shots you posted that there is dirt on the stone...dust. when i was taking pictures of my girlfriend''s brand new ring...it just came out of the box and we were taking shots of it and within 20 minutes it had dust and dirt on it visible in some of the closeups. these diamonds attract it big time...my US is my best friend esp with an extreme macro camera!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

i seriously love this head!!!

i really wish i could see it up close! i''d redo mine, but i''d have to make sure i love this one in person as much as i do in pics! also, i would have to make sure that it would work with my shared prong w-band.

i wonder what made them do the indents if you asked for mara''s head but narrower prongs? what band to do you plan to wear with this beauty??

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Teagreen-

You have an amazing ring! Enjoy it and wear it in the best of health! I love the head on the ring too!

pb :)

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 11:58:11 AM
oh if you haven''t had a super ideal before then maybe it''s just unrealistic expectations. the diamonds do look different in various lighting situations. i used to not like my old diamond very much in sunlight but this one is just bling bling. i think each diamond has it''s own personality actually...and even though it''s a superideal it may perform differently than mine or another person''s well-cut stone just based on minor nuances in the cut.

i think it looks just lovely in your pictures, those hand shots with the colors inside of them are divine, those don''t look hazy in the least to me. it''s hard for me to get good hand shots like that with colors inside. what kind of camera are you using also? i use extreme macro on my closeups and crop out the diamond so it''s even more closeup. also i don''t get crisp shots all the time, i discard TONS before putting up the 5 or so that you guys all see. sometimes it''s just getting lucky with a few amazing shots out of 100.

oh and cleaning it not with an US doesn''t work for me. hand-cleaning my stone then taking pictures totally doesn''t work. i need the US or else it just looks horrible. i can see in some of the shots you posted that there is dirt on the stone...dust. when i was taking pictures of my girlfriend''s brand new ring...it just came out of the box and we were taking shots of it and within 20 minutes it had dust and dirt on it visible in some of the closeups. these diamonds attract it big time...my US is my best friend esp with an extreme macro camera!!
Ok, thanks for the info. It looks good in sunlight and certain indoor lighting, and only looks "hazy" in partial lighting.

My camera doesn''t have macro, so it won''t focus on the stone if it''s too close-up, unfortunately.

Maybe it would look better hazyness-wise if sparkling clean from an US cleaner - I plan to get one. But it won''t stay that way for long, considering how easily stones get dirty! So how the stone looks when it''s not completely clean is probably how it will look most of the time.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 12:23:29 PM
Author: jcrow

i seriously love this head!!!

i really wish i could see it up close! i''d redo mine, but i''d have to make sure i love this one in person as much as i do in pics! also, i would have to make sure that it would work with my shared prong w-band.

i wonder what made them do the indents if you asked for mara''s head but narrower prongs? what band to do you plan to wear with this beauty??

jcrow, I''m not sure why it has indents. I also noticed that some of the superbcert Tiffany replica rings have more prominent indents and some have less - not sure why. Maybe mine has them because it sits down into the shank a bit, unlike Mara''s, so there is a small hole at the base lookin from the side, like the Tiffany setting (not the donut), and the hole extends into the indent on the prong?

I''ll probably wear a plain band. I like how the Michael B Lace looked with Demelza''s ring but I don''t really want to spring for it and would feel funny getting a used wedding band. I like how the plain band looks with my ring; it sort of counterbalances the bling factor from the center stone and lets the stone stand out.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
TG -- I think the ring is gorgeous, but it sounds like you're feeling a little disappointed with the stone??? I'm not sure what you mean by "hazy", but it sounds like something about the stone is bugging you. Perhaps someone at WF could explain what you're seeing. For what it's worth, my stone can look a bit dull when it's dirty and definitely doesn't look equally good in all lighting conditions. Perhaps take it to a local jeweler for a professional cleaning and then see if the haziness is still there??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 1:18:59 PM
Author: Demelza
TG -- I think the ring is gorgeous, but it sounds like you''re feeling a little disappointed with the stone??? I''m not sure what you mean by ''hazy'', but it sounds like something about the stone is bugging you. Perhaps someone at WF could explain what you''re seeing. For what it''s worth, my stone can look a bit dull when it''s dirty and definitely doesn''t look equally good in all lighting conditions. Perhaps take it to a local jeweler for a professional cleaning and then see if the haziness is still there??
I think part of it could be just setting realistic expectations....so many of us rave about our stones online that it''s easy to think that your stone if superideal cut should be fabulous in all 10000000 million lighting situations there are. But in reality that''s not the case.

Anyway TG I would ask WF about it and yes see if you can get it professionally cleaned. Having had an icky cut stone way back when, I have been so pleased with all of the ideal and superideal stones we have owned since then, I can''t even imagine how I ever owned anything else. But each stone has had it''s own personality which I find interesting too!!
2.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Demelza & Mara, thanks for the suggestions. I will be able to compare my stone to the 2.6 that I had originally been considering locally, later this week. It may just be certain lighting situations though - especially like the one in the "tomato" picture - that shows well what I am talking about.

I may try to call WF later.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the new pics!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats TG
35.gif

WOW!!! sooo classic
30.gif
and ACA
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results