shape
carat
color
clarity

new e-ring: need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mulder

Rough_Rock
After much research (thanks to these forums), I've picked the following ring for the proposal. Since I'm still new to the whole ring world, I was wondering what others think of the selection. Below are the details:

Diamond Information:
Certificate: EGL
Shape: Asscher
Cut: Premium
Carat: 1.00
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Regular Price: $2730

Diamond Proportions:
Measurements: 5.49-5.35-3.66
Length to Width: 1.03
Depth Percentage: 68.4 %
Table Percentage: 69 %
Girdle: M-TK- P
Culet: None (Pointed)
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None (Inert)
Special Notes: Beautiful Cut

Sapphire Pinched Shank Engagement Ring
Beautifully Crafted Engagement Ring with a Pinched Shank Setting that features 2 Pear Shape Blue Sapphires weighing 1/2CTW

Ring Information:
Metal Type: 14KT Gold
Band Width: 1.5 - 2.5

Side Stone Information:
Carat Weight: 0.50
Setting Type: Prong Set

Below is a picture of the ring:

AS_JEA1030.jpg

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mulder,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the setting!!

Have you seen the center stone in person yet? I would be very concerned with two things.
An EGL cert can mean the color and clarity would be of lesser quality if the same stone were to be sent to GIA or AGS for certification. In other words, what EGL identifies as an I, VS1, may end up looking more like a J or a K, SI1 or 2.

The other concern is the table and depth measurements. Some real asscher experts will probably chime in here with more specifics, but in general you want to look for an asscher that had a depth number that''s bigger than the table number. That''s how you get that really deep pool look to the stone.

If you have seen the stone and it pleases your eye, then none of this matters. But, if you are buying it sight-unseen, and especially if you are having the stone put into the setting before you can have an independent appraiser confirm it''s quality, I would hesitate.

I definitely love that setting though. Very elegant. Gorgeous with an asscher center stone.

LizzyD

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
That''s one beautiful ring.... gorgeous...
21.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the ring!! I love putting sapphires (or any colored stone) next to a diamond cause it makes the stone look sooo bright!!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
In Britain, saphires are almost always put into wedding rings, the see it as a sign of purity. It is a beautiful ring,

mulder

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Her birthstone is sapphire, so I think this looks great toghether. She''s not aware of the selection, but I''m positive she will like it from other jewelery she wears.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful setting, but I agree with what lizzyd posted about the EGL. Now if you''ve seen the stone in person, and all looks great, then you''re all set to go!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful.

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Hi again,

You might want to try to get Strmdr''s attention about this one. He''s the asscher king.

Best,
LizzyD

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love the contrast of the icy asscher stone with the cool sapphire sidestones. I don''t have any advice on the stone, however. You have to see it with your eyes to judge.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the setting, the asscher isnt one id buy but if ya like it then kewl.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds and sapphires together are my favorite combination. Georgous setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results