shape
carat
color
clarity

Male Shoppers/ Female Shoppers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got to wondering if/how the trend of women helping to shop for their engagement ring (or upgrade or other jewelry purchases) is affecting the Jewelry Biz?

Do you think MEN were less-informed, "easier" customers, who just rolled-over & took whatever they were offered? Or were they as picky & exacting as us P-scope gals tend to be?
3.gif

Curious what pros & consumers think!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm. I think that men that are pscopers are probably just as picky as the ladies.

That having been said, some of my male friends were even pickier about diamond stuff that my female friends...if they start looking at it is a challenge and inject some testosterone into the process - LOOK OUT!

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
HARDEST customers to EASIEST customers

Women PSers
Men PSers
Women non-PSers
Men non-PSers

I think that''s how it should go.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 7:18:56 PM
Author: froufrou
HARDEST customers to EASIEST customers

Women PSers

Men PSers

Women non-PSers

Men non-PSers

I think that''s how it should go.

You forgot to put strmrdr at the top of that list :}

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think women helping men pick out jewelery really changes anything. It boils down to informed vs. uninformed. I suspect there are a ton of male lurkers on PS. (I''m on a very popular BMW forum and when some guy is ready to propose and asks for advice, a ton of guys will tell him to come here). Guys like seeing stats and comparing them and stuff. When I first started, I learned all about the stats a good diamond should have and just started comparing. It''s really no different than when I compare stats btw cars or a home theater system or whatever. My (now) wife gave me some input, but she was very uninformed as well (still is to some degree). She knew what color she wanted and the shape. That''s about it. Had a very foggy idea about clarity, knew nothing about cut (just that she liked how diamonds were sparkly and pretty), let alone pavilion angles or table % and all that jazz.

My ego gets as much a kick when someone compliments my wife''s ring as it does when someone compliments my car or tv or some other "typical" guy item.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2006 2:10:50 PM
Author:decodelighted
Just got to wondering if/how the trend of women helping to shop for their engagement ring (or upgrade or other jewelry purchases) is affecting the Jewelry Biz?

Do you think MEN were less-informed, ''easier'' customers, who just rolled-over & took whatever they were offered? Or were they as picky & exacting as us P-scope gals tend to be?
3.gif

Curious what pros & consumers think!
yep...I''m the "fish" when it comes to buying diamonds. my wife never bought any diamond.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby leaves all the choosing to me, that''s why we''ve been married so long. He''s a smart guy!! That said I give applause
36.gif
to all the guys that come on here to get educated BEFORE they buy an ering. Many of them are clueless when they get here but end of getting a wealth of knowledge and I love that about PS. And it''s fun to see what they end up buying and to hear how their proposals went. That''s the best!!! Not sure if I answered your question... Just my thoughts
2.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I can only speak for my FF, who protests that he knows nothing about rings. However, he does love science and stats, so any ''hard data'' I can give him that illuminates why one stone is better than another will be welcomed, even if he doesn''t really understand why it makes it so. (Also, he''s firmly in the ''she''s wearing it, so go with what she''d like'' camp, so I am a lucky girl.)

Otherwise, he''d probably go to a maul dressed in a sheep''s outfit with a sign saying ''take advantage of me now and avoid the rush'' (metaphorically), bless his sweet heart.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results