shape
carat
color
clarity

What color should the tuxes be?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone...I am getting married in September next year and want my bridesmaids to wear chocolate brown. I like the look, but also know that brown is a color that they will all wear again. What are your thought on color for the tuxes? Our wedding ceremony is at 4:00 PM on Saturday the 15th and the reception follows.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Well, you could go with black, depending on how formal the wedding is. I was going to say a light tan would be great, but come to think of it, aren''t tuxes always black? I see weddings were the groomsman are not wearing black but they are wearing suits and not tuxedos.

amyg

Shiny_Rock
i think there was another thread on this recently, and I think it was suggested to wear a black tux and brown tie and vest...my guys are wering Ivory tuxes (my dress is ivory) and brown ties, no vest...

amyg

Shiny_Rock

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 12:45:14 PM
Author: jazmine
Okay, I guess I am crazy, because I forgot about white tuxes. Anyway, what color is your dress because I think ivory tuxes would look great. I found 2 of them on the first page from this website. You could do the vest in a different color of course.

http://www.menswearhouse.com/tuxedo/build_tux.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302289431&bmUID=1150821605556
They are nice...I never saw a wedding with Ivory tuxedos. I am wearing ivory and we are having a formal wedding. I did not go to the bridal salon yet to pick my gown. We are going to do that soon...I am not sure what length train to get for a 4:00 ceremony. Thanks for the link!

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 12:45:26 PM
Author: amyg
i think there was another thread on this recently, and I think it was suggested to wear a black tux and brown tie and vest...my guys are wering Ivory tuxes (my dress is ivory) and brown ties, no vest...
Hi Amyg. I am wearing Ivory as well. I like the black tux, brown tie and vest idea, but I would also love to see what your guys are wearing as a comparison. I am assuming that your bridesmaids are wearing chocolate???

Hi!

I just asked the same question about a month ago. You could probably find the post through my name. A couple people posted pics with brown and black. I was concerneed about brown and black together because it is normally a no no but when I went to the Tux places it looked really great!!! I would say though that the brown vest, at least, if not the tie also should be some sort of pattern. A solid brown satin vest i think would clash...unless you had a tux that had a pattern. Like black on black pinstripe. Anways...

Once I looked around I found some nice stuff. After Hours has a nice vest in "Truffle" the pattern is barely a pattern really but I saw it on the manequin in the store and it looked awesome! If you go to the website it is the "Geometrics" vest, but to tell you the truth the website is crap. The pic of the truffle vest is not an acual pic, but just a color change through the computer. If you had one of the AfterHours stores nearby I would go check it out. The other one I like which I decided to go with is from Dante Zeller Tuxedos. They are mainly in NJ and NY. They have a "Herringbone" pattern in "Mocha" that really looked nice. It has a black undertone that really ties it into the black jacket and pants. What I also liked was they had ivory for my fiance (i am also wearing ivory) and a "champagne" color for my Dad. It was sort of in between mocha and ivory so it matches me and matches everyone else. The Dante website is also very bad, but the color looks better than AH. But in either you can''t see the detailed pattern.

Also, don''t forget that the guys flowers will match the girls flowers so it will really tie everything togehter even if the tuxes aren''t perfect.

Ok I''ll stop blabbering. Good Luck!

~erin~

amyg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 1:07:51 PM
Author: tomswife2007

Date: 6/20/2006 12:45:26 PM
Author: amyg
Hi Amyg. I am wearing Ivory as well. I like the black tux, brown tie and vest idea, but I would also love to see what your guys are wearing as a comparison. I am assuming that your bridesmaids are wearing chocolate???
My guys are wearing basically the same tux that was on the link above, only with out a vest, and they are all wearing brown flip flops (except for my dad...not a flip flop guy...) My girls are actually wearing Celadon Green, brown is just an accent color...I''m just not in to the matchy matchy...but that''s just me...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister wore a brown dress for my wedding in March - the groomsmen wore brown vests, with a black/brown striped tie.

025ps.sized.jpg

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
ah...I am LOVING the chocolate brown right now!
9.gif
I think with black tuxes and brown vest would look just fine.

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 10:05:25 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
My sister wore a brown dress for my wedding in March - the groomsmen wore brown vests, with a black/brown striped tie.

025ps.sized.jpg
Love the look! Thanks!

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/25/2006 12:50:20 AM
Author: RoseAngel04
ah...I am LOVING the chocolate brown right now!
9.gif
I think with black tuxes and brown vest would look just fine.
Thank you as well, RoseAngel. I really love how it all looks together as well.

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Hi Lauren...

Is there any way you could post a pic of your sister and other wedding party with you and your hubby? I would love to get the full effect...
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results