shape
carat
color
clarity

Too girly??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
Is this ring "too girly" for a guy?

It''s a Tiffany & Co. Paloma Picasso True Love ring. Sterling silver, 9mm.

I think it''s just gorgeous
face23.gif

18570947_xl.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t strike me as particularly girly. Seems unisex to me.
1.gif

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
I agree, because of the thickness of it....but I wasn't sure about the design...men's rings are generally less decorative. Thanks for your opinion!
2.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
in this more realistic size it does not look girly to me

Paloma2.jpg

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
Thanks for editing the pic! Now that I see it that size, it looks even more beautiful! I can see a guy wearing it now
2.gif

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
Well is it a girls ring or a guys ring? Seems kind of unisex to me. But being a guy I wouldn''t wear it, not masculine enough. Is your guy a mans man or more metro? That might help decide.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
girly

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s girly, but my hubby probably wouldn''t wear it, he''s a plain jim kind of guy and doesn''t like anything but plain...

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that it's not girly, but it would have to fit the particular guy who wears it. My hubby wouldn't wear it either, Mrs. S!
21.gif

ETA: Oh, and my hubby's name is Jim! Plain Jim!
9.gif
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s nice but a little "puffy" for a man, I think. Just my 2 cents!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2006 7:43:47 PM
Author: KristyDarling
It''s nice but a little ''puffy'' for a man, I think. Just my 2 cents!
Ditto.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
have to agree with the majority..though it is uni-sex and looks nice, it all depends on the style of the man...my husband wouldn''t go near it even
20.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Dh wouldn''t wear it ... I showed the pic to him and he said no way.
emembarrassed.gif
Sorry--but I do think it takes a certain kind of "metrosexual" guy to pull it off. We have several friends who are in the music business who would have no problem wearing that kind of ring, though, if that tells you anything!
9.gif
As a female, I love it, but realistically it wouldn''t fly with my DH or his friends who belong to unions. HTH!
1.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2006 6:11:16 PM
Author: Pricescope
as feminine as
Hi PS! Loved the referance!
9.gif

I don't think the ring is "Girly" by any means. I think it looks kinda of chunky! It actually reminds me of some drinking glasses that we used to have where there were thease round/oval cut out dips in the glass, and the rest was smooth.

I showed it to my "plain" wedding ring wearing hubby and asked him if he thought this ring was girly, or what.

His comment: "No, I don't think it's girly ... "Pause" ... "I think it's kinda of cool in a different sort of way."

I asked if you weren't allergic to gold/plat ... and I bought this for you, would you wear it?

His comment: "Maybe."

Well, folks ... this was a total surprise! I never would have expected any less than "Heck No!" My hubby is far from Metro!
2.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
Hahahah you guys crack me up!
face20.gif

thanks for all the input!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results