shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pieces of jewelry should a girl wear at once?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Im also someone who loves my bling but manages not to wear it a lot because I am ALWAYS running late in the morning and dont have time to put it on! LOL

Im very minimalist too when it comes to jewelry. My e-ring set is pretty much the faciest thing I own, but I stick to the basics, that way if I do end up wearing them together they dont clash. I have some chunky pieces too that are more casual, so I leave them for the weekends.

I also try to reduce the "wattage" so to speak in terms of wearing lots of diamonds together by mixing metal pieces with diamonds. For instance if I wear metal hoops I will wear a blingy necklace, and if I wear solitaire studs I may wear my solitaire necklace but a silver bracelet. I love to experiment and have fun, but always make sure I dont walk out of the house looking "conspicuous" if that makes any sense. That is, when I can remember to wear it~
26.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Storm, Are you on antibiotics too? Those alone give me the head out of body experience. Is it normal to be in so much pain at this point? Now, add sleep deprivation to the mix and by tomorrow am you are going to be one hallucinatin dude.

It seems I have heard those numbers or rules somewhere in my growing up. I grew up and live in the south where it''s all about social rules-at least a generation ago-probably dying out from here, but it''s definitley the stuff I remember my aunts, etc talking about.

Well, I hate watches. I just hate em. I''ve long suspected I''m one of those people who has a toxic electrical field around them that stops them in their tracks. lol I love the look of bracelets, but they get on my nerves from time to time.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I can relate to forgetting to put things on. So, I ended up with things I basically never take off. Ok, picture this: me in the tub trying to clean earrings with brush while STILL ON MY HEAD. ISN''T THAT PATHETIC?!!!! I just know that if they come off the head, they will be forgotten. Plain and simple.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 7:36:06 AM
Author: ladykemma

IN texas it is quite common to wear a lot of jewelry. and when you hit a certain age you stop caring what people think
11.gif

Yeah........

Unfortunately, for me.......that age was seven years old.
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 10:06:51 PM
Author: aljdewey

IN texas it is quite common to wear a lot of jewelry. and when you hit a certain age you stop caring what people think
11.gif

Yeah........

11.gif

See, I consider that FORTUNATELY for you.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 10:10:55 PM
Author: FireGoddess

11.gif

Yeah........

11.gif

2.gif
Awwwwwwwwwwww.......free pie for FG! Truly - lemon or chocolate or whatever you want!

hehehehhee

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember someone saying, look in the mirror and then take one thing off. I used to be more into all the bits and pieces, now some days I wear NOTHING not even a watch out the door. I HATE wearing anything jewelry related in bed, so I take it all off at night and some mornings I am too lazy to put it back. Normal days, are my ering and band on sep hands, a watch, maybe earrings/necklace/bracelet, but rarely all three.

edit:

Some days I wear more if I have plans for something, but often just the minimal will do. I love dangly earrings because unless I wear my hair back, you often cannot see my earrings. I think this is the type of question whose answers lies within each person...not so much a hard and fast rule but what the circumstance is and what you feel comfy with. I have worn all my bling and been in sweats, and not really thought twice, but I definitely feel like it makes more sense when I am dressed up...but I do love anything sparkly so I guess it just depends on the mood of the day. Some people can carry off tons and others are much more minimalistic which is cool too...whatever floats your boat!

Lady Kema, I live in the east now, after moving from L.A. and I do find some of the people a bit more conservative and subdued than I am but I am not one to hide my light under a bushel!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 10:12:52 PM

Date: 6/13/2006 10:10:55 PM
Author: FireGoddess

11.gif

Yeah........

11.gif

2.gif
Awwwwwwwwwwww.......free pie for FG! Truly - lemon or chocolate or whatever you want!

hehehehhee
Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrll...smack smack....you know it's only KEY LIME for me.
18.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock

11.gif

Yeah........

11.gif
ROFL here...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lemon PIE!!!!!! mmmm.

i am soo not a jewelry girl!

my daily wear 99% of the time consists of three things:
--wring and ering
--diamond pendant
--diamond toe rings

and then sometimes i wear fashion earrings like dangly chandeliers or whatever.

anything more than that and i feel like i''m overdone. sometimes even the earrings make me feel too much like that. but i have friends who can wear much more...and look much better than me IMO.

just depends on the person!! some can carry more off and some can''t.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
For me, it depends on where I'm going to be. I'm back in school right now and not working, so I usually wear only my RHR birthday ring and diamond studs when going to class. When I go out for dinner, even a casual one, I wear my bracelet, which is very simple, my diamond pendant, my studs and my ring. Same thing when I go hang out with friends. That's all the jewelry I own.

I need more jewelry......

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I wear just my e-ring, w-ring and watch on a daily basis. On the weekends, if I''m going out I will add in the tennis bracelet, earrings, and occasionally a necklace.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 10:46:09 PM
Author: Mara
lemon PIE!!!!!! mmmm.

i am soo not a jewelry girl!

my daily wear 99% of the time consists of three things:
--wring and ering
--diamond pendant
--diamond toe rings

and then sometimes i wear fashion earrings like dangly chandeliers or whatever.

anything more than that and i feel like i''m overdone. sometimes even the earrings make me feel too much like that. but i have friends who can wear much more...and look much better than me IMO.

just depends on the person!! some can carry more off and some can''t.
mara - your ring is what I call a "show piece". it NEEDS to be the star. If I were wearing your ring I would wear exactly what you listed plus small diamond studs.

my feets too fugly for toe rings
31.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
How about an anklet? Anyone wear an anklet?
Are toe rings the new ankle bracelet? I love the idea of toe rings....just a hint of sexy.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
due to "heel spurs" (plantar fasciatis) I must wear birkenstocks. would anklet go with birkenstock sandals? yes as long as thet are cute
clogs? no, looks goofy

I answered my own question.

heck, never thought of a diamond anklet....hmmm.....

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I agree, there''s something funky about an anklet and clogs, or loafers for that matter. I live in birkies when I''m not at work. At work it''s a fine line between intellectually interesting and preppy-don''t think an anklet would go over very well. But then, to each his own I guess because my best friend has a beautiful sun tattoo on her ankle and can pull it off, but I couldn''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results