shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set a 1ct RB diamond, if money is no object?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
{{{{do y'all know where sweetvioletblue's ring came from?}}}}

Here's
her original thread. Her screen name changed to Trinket08 it looks like, and pics disappeared, but here's what she said about it:
"I inherited a 1ct RBC from my gramma, and put it in a setting by MK Diamonds (they make the Natalie K line of gorgeous jewelry, www.mkdandj.com) with .47ctw in step cut trapezoids and .48ctw tiny round melee that you can see from any angle looking at the ring. I love the squared center setting and I think even though this setting was made for a square stone originally, I love it with a round."

(I'm pretty sure it's her thread; if you read thru it some people refer to her as sweetvioletblue, even though it looks like the thread is by trinket08.)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, OFG and FireGoddess! It really is a stunning ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this is not exactly like hers, but it''s very pretty!

mkdandj1.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee, Mara. I''d set it in my avatar setting. WF halo prong in plat. I know, I know, big surprise.
20.gif

shay

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The diamond from my old wedding ring was one carat. When I upgraded I set it in a simple contemporary platinum setting by Claude Thibbadeau with straight bezels. I wear it on my right hand and that would still be my choice.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I love that Etoile, but in a one carat, it's a lot of metal.
The half carat seems proportioned better.
just MHO.

I really love a solitaire for a 1 carat RB and this one by Mark Morrell is great.

mmsunburst.png

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would wear it as a right hand ring though.
1.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
OK, ladykemma, gotcha- then I would go for the Etoile in platinum smothered with pave diamonds!

dbgaaptif3yummies.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
oh my... today I discovered SimonG. Yes, I have been living under a rock... Here''s a setting that I would love to see a 1 carat stone in.

fitsonecarat.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Well it changes everyday, but today I would use it in this 3-stone ring by Saturn Jewels.....

saturn3stonead575.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
engagment15-big.jpg

Okay I had never seen Saturn Jewels but um....

WOW. If I were to go for an ornate, antiquey look... that would definitely be the first line I look at. I prefer thier solitares though.
2.gif

Look at the detail under the halo!
30.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love the detail in the Saturn Jewels rings!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those Saturn Jewels rings are gorgeous! I wish I could try on all these beautiful rings!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have always loved the designs from Saturn Jewels, in particular the one below. This is an artist''s rendition of the ring...and they do have the ring on their website. I thought the drawing was just so gorgeous!!

saturnflower.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone know what the prices are like? (love that one too FG!)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 8:33:57 PM
Author: dbgaap
oh my... today I discovered SimonG. Yes, I have been living under a rock... Here''s a setting that I would love to see a 1 carat stone in.

~~That Simon G setting is one of my favorites!!! I love the pink pave'' diamonds!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 8:20:18 PM
Author: Gypsy
Anyone know what the prices are like? (love that one too FG!)

my local jeweler carries Saturn jewels and the settings ran $1500-$3500 depending on the level of detail. I believe they are all handmade. Of course, it was several months ago that I was in there, before the huge jump in plat. and the price increases so they''re probably a bit more. I do remember thinking the pricing runs along the same lines as Tacori (which my jeweler also carried).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results