shape
carat
color
clarity

Uh-oh...Jewelry store in Disneyland!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to Disneyland in August, and I just found out that there''s a jewelry store in Disneyland!! I was already excited about the trip, but now I really can''t wait. This store apparently sells only vintage jewelry, with a lot of art deco pieces (I hope I''m using the right terms here). Has anyone been to that store? And if someone has, would you buy something from there if given the chance? I''m going to start saving my money now, just in case I do find something I really like there....this addiction is horribly painful for my wallet....
11.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
They''ve been there for a LONG time! You''re talking about the one in New Orleans, right? Yes...they have a main store in San Francisco and only rent space from DL to keep their store there. I go in all the time. The sales staff is knowledgeable and have NO problems allowing you to try on all the bling! They are pricey though and some of their "vintage" stuff isn''t very "vintage" (eg less than 10 yrs old), but it''s still fun all the same.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 8:55:38 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna
They've been there for a LONG time! You're talking about the one in New Orleans, right? Yes...they have a main store in San Francisco and only rent space from DL to keep their store there. I go in all the time. The sales staff is knowledgeable and have NO problems allowing you to try on all the bling! They are pricey though and some of their 'vintage' stuff isn't very 'vintage' (eg less than 10 yrs old), but it's still fun all the same.
What pray tell is the name of this store, if you don't mind sharing?
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Cinderella! (How appropriate that you''re going to Disneyland!
1.gif
)

I''ve never been to the store in Disneyland, but I know a little about it.

There''s a very delightful estate/antique jewelry shop on Union Street in San Francisco called: "Dianes Old and New Estates." I think they are quite well regarded in the Bay Area, and some time ago were approached by the people at Disneyland and invited to open a shop there. They accepted, and the shop in Anaheim is called "Jewel of Orleans", and is run by the son of the proprietors of the SF store.

Diane''s now has a website: http://www.diannesestatejewelry.com/index.html.

When I was last at the SF store, I asked how the Disneyland shop was doing, thinking it an odd location to sell quality jewelry. Apparently it''s doing very well.

You might check out the link above. If there''s something you see that you''re seriously interested in, you might see if they could ship it to the So Cal shop so that you can look at it when you''re there. You can ask, anyway!

Have a great time...and if you get a chance come back and tell us about the Anaheim shop. I''d love to hear your impressions.

widget

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
This place is fuuuuuunnnnn. Back when I was just a magpie and not a full-out bling ho I would window shop and occasionally go in there before getting my muffelata or gumbo next store. Good stuff
9.gif
9.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 9:19:01 PM
Author: widget
When I was last at the SF store, I asked how the Disneyland shop was doing, thinking it an odd location to sell quality jewelry. Apparently it''s doing very well.
widget
widget...every time I go in there, there are always people milling about and usually at least one guest is purchasing something. In talking to their manager once, they told me that a lot of men will end up buying their futute-FIs e-ring there on impulse to propose at Disneyland...I''ve also seen older women there purchasing items that appeal to them (brooches, watches, etc.).

Cinderella, the store isn''t big at all...the size of a family room...so don''t be shocked, but they have a lot of fun things to try on!
30.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
AchiOAlumna, thanks!! I read that they have a store in SF, and I live in SF, but it would be so much more fun to go shopping in Disneyland! Two things I love in one place: bling and Disney. (I need to grow up.)

FireGoddess: The name of the store is Jewel of Orleans, and it is in New Orleans Square.

widget: thanks for the link.
1.gif
I wanted to find their website, but was too lazy to go searching for the link. Now I can pre-shop! And not to worry, I''ll be coming back with a full account of that shop, maybe with pics too if they allow it.

Blueroses, good to hear. I will definitely be walking in to try on stuff. I''ll leave my sister and cousin to stand in the Pirates of the Caribbean line while I try on the bling and drool.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: AChiOAlumna
They''ve been there for a LONG time! I go in all the time.
AChiO...do you go to Disneyland ONLY to visit that shop???

LOL...if so, I think you belong in the "You Know You''re a PSer when..." thread!
5.gif

widget

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 11:09:26 PM
Author: widget
AChiO...do you go to Disneyland ONLY to visit that shop???
LOL...if so, I think you belong in the 'You Know You're a PSer when...' thread!
5.gif

widget
Uh....uhm......uh.....no?! LOL We have annual passes to Disneyland though, so there's never any harm in stopping by Jewel of Orleans from time to time to time to time....LOL

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
AchioO, you have an AP? I am soooo jealous...I wish I lived near enough to get one. I love Disneyland. Don''t get there often enough.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 11:03:10 PM
Author: Cinderella
AchiOAlumna, thanks!! I read that they have a store in SF, and I live in SF, but it would be so much more fun to go shopping in Disneyland! Two things I love in one place: bling and Disney. (I need to grow up.)

FireGoddess: The name of the store is Jewel of Orleans, and it is in New Orleans Square.

widget: thanks for the link.
1.gif
I wanted to find their website, but was too lazy to go searching for the link. Now I can pre-shop! And not to worry, I''ll be coming back with a full account of that shop, maybe with pics too if they allow it.

Blueroses, good to hear. I will definitely be walking in to try on stuff. I''ll leave my sister and cousin to stand in the Pirates of the Caribbean line while I try on the bling and drool.
Sorry, confused now, I was asking about the main store in San Francisco. Is it still the same name, or the one Widget said, Diane''s something or other?

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry FG, I misunderstood you. The store in SF is the one widget mentioned. Diane''s Esate Jewelry or something like that.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think the SF store is: "Diannes Old and New Estates".

Here''s a picture of the storefront, though, and I can''t see any mention of "Dianne".

It''s on Union Street.

widget

diannnes.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Since we have AP, too, I was thinking about this store, is it by the one that has like, crystal things? Since Pirates is closed for another few days, and a lot of things around there, where is the store? I was proposed to there a few months ago, and we''re going back on the 19th, looking to re-enact some magic. I''d be interested in the store! Awesome!! So glad you mentioned this, Cinderella!
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
AW....Jewel of Orleans isn't right across from Pirates, but the next "street" over..across from the Crystal Store....you know where the umbrella cart is (the woman who decorates parasols)? It's down that "street"...the first store on the right.

Cinderella...we've been getting APs since I was in grad school. I dropped my job down to part-time and decided to get the APs so when we were having a "poor" weekend, we still could to Disneyland and enjoy ourselves without breaking the bank! We've been getting them every year since (about 7 years now); however, I don't know how much longer we're going to renew...they've gotten VERY expensive over the years and the park is too crowded to appreciate it from an AP holder at most times...

We have to make a decision soon as ours expire at the end of July...
33.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info Cinderella and Widget! I checked out the website. Might have to just ''walk by'' the store innocently with DH sometime.
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results