shape
carat
color
clarity

moved: WIP - ~ Quest ~ Custom Sapphire halo ering + eternity band - it''''s almost done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
edit: i moved the post since i couldn''''t delete it. i guess i should post finished rings to SMTR, so i''''ll wait till it''''s actually done =)

Wow, the ring is almost done, and I must say the Quest, Pete, Rose, et al did an awesome job! The more I look at the images, the more amazing it looks, especially considering that the ring size is 3, the diamonds are 1 pt each, the band measures 2mm .. that means that milligraining must be tiny tiny tiny.. but yet, everything still appears so fine and uniform and so well crafted.

All that''''s left is the matching etching that they''''ll be doing on the sides of the eternity band and on the shank or the ering between the diamonds. After much back and forth over what''''s possible and such, I think the final look is going to be very nice. My original plan was to have more of a raised engraving similar to other antique ering styles, but I don''''t believe it''''s something Quest is equipped to do. I wonder if whiteflash does that sort of stuff? Or are the setting I see with that generally stock settings? Well, once I get the final images tomorrow I''''ll know how it all looks together. Pete is pretty confident that it''''ll look very nice and with Pete you can definitely trust his expertise. So I''''m feeling pretty good about the final finished project.

anyway, on w/ the images:

ering_noetch01.jpg

ering_noetch02.jpg

ering_noetch03.jpg

ering_noetch04.jpg

The only weird thing is I don''''t know what type of setup and lighting they use for the photos. I''''m guessing a ton of diffuse lighting and maybe halogen or flourescent lights? Because the sapphire has never looked that color in any of my photos of it. Or probably their camera''''s ccd captures colors a bit differently.

Here are some of the photos I took of the sapphire... so yeah, I''''m not sure what they did to my sapphire =)

partly_cloudy_02.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That ring is making my mouth water! Tell me more about the sapphire, please! You might want to make a post in Colored Stones, too, with a link to this thread.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I know what they did. they showcased it in a to die for ring. OMG!!!! I get chillls looking at it. As far as color, you can''t judge that from a monitor or a pic. It''s just not what the eye sees. However, if it comes back and you don''t just love the color, I would box that puppy up and send it right.....to me.
31.gif

shay

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow that is an absolutely gorgeous ring!!
Can''t wait for hand pics!!
31.gif

What isize sapphire is it?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it was fine to post this in SMTR. It''s 90% done.
1.gif
I will say again that it looks just gorgeous, and the engraving is going to be amazing.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
ooooohhhh!!!!! How very, very beautiful!!
Please tell us more about the sapphire!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks great! I love the side view especially with the Legacy V and surprise stone.

If you don''t mind my asking how thick is that halo... and the shank? And how big (mm size) is your beautiful sapphire?

Congrats, the engraving is going to look stellar!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks wonderful. I love your sapphire and quest really did a fabulous job on the setting and wedding band.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
THAT IS SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
sry, quick post from work -

sapphire info:
natural unheated sapphire from cherrypicked
1.14 ct, 5.71 x 5.57 x 3.82 mm, cushion

dimensions:
ering - halo 10.5x10.36mm, halo thickness 1.829mm (not sure what that refers to), 2mm width, 1.5mm thick band, 1 pt rb diamonds, f-g/vs, .42 tcw
band - 2mm x 1.5mm, .35 tcw

rings are size 3.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy yumm yumm!!! Looks awesome!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
wow! you have got a real winner there, it''s gorgeous! congratulations!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Can''t wait for hand shots!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
*WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW*

That is simply BREATHTAKING! Love it! Congrats!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous, londonblue!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve stared at the pics so long my eyes have dried out. Awesome set.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Wow just beautiful! I cannot wait to see the engraving and final photos!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
londonblue, that is such a gorgeous ring! I can''t wait to see your own pics of it!

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
yeah, i can''t wait to get it either! =)
i just have to manage to separate my fiance from the rings long enough to get them appraised (she''s going to love it when she reads that!)

i think i figured out the sapphire thing, from the reflections on the stone, it looks like there are 3 lights illuminating the rings from the front which is probably why everything including the sapphire is sparkling like mad.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is absolutely gorgeus! I don''t think it needs engraving at all; it''s beautiful just as it is. That also is the most beautiful color of sapphire I''ve ever seen. I wish my sapphires were that color!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
That is stunning!!! I LOVE the shade of blue! Absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!! I''ll bet the finished product will take your breath away!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Wow. I''m speechless and breathless. Stunning set!

togal

Shiny_Rock
Wow....I now have a new favorite ring on this forum. That is so amazingly beautiful. The sapphire really pops in that diamond bezel setting. Just spectacular! Congrats.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Amazing, really really beautiful! WOWZA!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, positively stunning! I LOVE that set! The yummy sapphire really pops in the setting & I don''t think it needs engraving at all.
36.gif

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
here are final images of the etching, they don''t have bright lights shining on them so it''s a bit hard to judge. what do you all think? i''m ambivalent judging from the photos, so i''ll wait until i receive them tomorrow and see, keeping in mind these rings are very tiny in size.

etch2.jpg

etch1.jpg

etch3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look nice. the engraving gives them a more antique feel/look. I personally would be happy with them either way.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Looks like they did a wonderful job with all the little fine details on a teeny size 3!

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
like it? hate it? fine either way?
honestly, from the photos i can''t say i''m crazy about it. =(
but we''ll wait and see what it looks like in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results