shape
carat
color
clarity

I missed you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I just want to say that I had major withdrawl being without PS!!!
emcry.gif

I did a major NO-NO!!!
face3.gif

I decided that before I went on a lil'' vacation that I would just clean up my hard drive and get rid of stuff that I didn''t use anymore. I also was going to defrag it too.

Well, I did what I normally do every few months with the exception that I found some files that I had never seen before, I opened the files and they were pics of things that I looked at years ago, so I decided that I would just clean them out.

Man, I couldn''t believe some of the stuff that I was finding! Each file held from 2,000+ to over 10,000 images, etc... It took me all night to delete that stuff!

I felt good knowing that my sluggish computer would now be faster no less and couldn''t wait to use it when I returned from my mini-vac!
face23.gif

Guess what?! I came back and my computer did turn on, and I got AOL to come up, but I couldn''t surf!!!
emotion-39.gif
emembarrassed.gif
face14.gif

I wiped out some files that I actually really "did" need
face20.gif
, and the people that I have work on my ''puter now and then were on vacation too! Sucks!

They "computer people" said that they weren''t laughing at me, they were just laughing with me when I brought it in! Yah, right!

I came back from mini vacation, computer on fritz, extended family emergency ... whew~!

Well, I am back ... hopefully good as new now, I can at least catch up on all the pretties everyone is posting!

Hope everyone is well, and good things abound for all!
See you''all soon,
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering where you were Mrs DJ and I am so happy you are back!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lorelei ~
emrose.gif

Thanks! I am glad to be back!
emteeth.gif

Man alive, I''ll never do that again! I tried on my own to fix it, but no such lucky!!!

Everyday, I kept wondering what was happening ... what I was missin'' out on ... and it looks like a whole bunch!

I just saw about "Nanny" ... I am speechless.
emrose.gif
emlove.gif

I hope you are doing well. I hope your hubby is well too!

Take care & Hugs to you, and have a wonderful day!
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome back!!
arent computers fun?
was wonderin where ya ran off too.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Storm ~
emrose.gif

Missed you too!

FUN? Ya, (cough) ... right!

Hey guess what? My computer lost everything! I mean everything, all mail and email addy''s I had saved in my address book, pic''s ... (cough .... hint).

I mean (cough, got lint!) I hope I am not turning into a cat. Furball''s must be the worst!
9.gif

Take care and have a great day!
See you around,
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey Mrs Joy
35.gif

welcome back. glad to hear you''re still alive.
9.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Thanks Dancing Fire ~
emrose.gif

I haven''t had much time today to ''catch up ... Have you had your hand in the cookie jar lately?

Glad to be back. Yup, I am alive & "kicken" as storm would say!

Speaking of alive ...
face3.gif

Big accident happened in my front yard over the Memorial Day weekend! I am sooo glad the man didn''t die in my yard, I don''t think I could have stood a white cross hammered into the ground and people putting flowers by it!

He''s lucky, and I guess we were lucky too. He jumped the curb and sidewalk on the west neighbors house, then crossed our driveway, hit the retaining wall, flew up into the air and hit the 70 yr old oak tree head on, the flipped the his brand new 4x4 Toyota xcab truck and took out half of our white 6 ft. high x 50 ft. long privacy fence on the east end, no braking involved going at least 65 MPH! I am glad he didn''t crash into our house! Bush''s sheared and mud and bark o mulch, and car parts strewn through-out our yard, and also into our east neighbors yard! He had some broken bones, and who knows what else. It is amazing the momentum and the force that was involved! It actually sounded like a bomb that had gone off!

Tree will have to come down, insurance already sent out a "tree doctor/surgeon" he inspected, states that it is too much of a liability to wait an see. I guess he''s right, branches are already turning brown way up high, and the tree is slightly now leaning towards the road, I guess you might call it shifted? He said the root system from the jarring has sustained too much trauma, chunks and bark missing, etc... I will miss my huge shade tree!

Oh well, have a great day tomorrow!
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
that stinks :{

They should have saved your info for you and reinstalled it :{

Really sux about the wreck :{
my boss had a camaro go 5 feet into his living room a while back.

Make the guys insurance pay for trnsplanting a mature tree in place of the one he killed.
Your owed one.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs. DJ - Oh you poor thing! Technology baffles me to the max. I simply changed something on my profile back in the early spring and I was never able to log on again. Had to re-establish a while new identity and everything (used to be Dee Jay, now I'm Dee*Jay), so I completely sympathize with your computer issues! For a while there I couldn't even surf Pricescope because of some new firewall the happy hubby installed. It about killed me!!! So glad you're up and running again!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, Mrs DJ!!! I was thinking about you the other day -wondering where you ran off to....
emwink.gif
So glad you are back with us now.....I missed your smiley, happy posts!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, Mrs DJ, it happens to the best of us. So glad you''re back. I too have done some computer cleaning and defragging and every time I think - what are all these little files for? Hundreds of teeny files I know I don''t use...but I never delete what I don''t know because I''m petrified of doing what you did!! Only scares me more to know it can happen. I''m glad you got everything fixed up and are back with us!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to have you back Mrs DJ!!!!
35.gif

I was wondering were you have been!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
speaking of the missing...
anybody heard from Patty?
20.gif
she haven''t post for so long .hope everything is o.k.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2006 4:34:38 AM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy
Hey Thanks Dancing Fire ~
emrose.gif

I haven''t had much time today to ''catch up ... Have you had your hand in the cookie jar lately?

Glad to be back. Yup, I am alive & ''kicken'' as storm would say!

Speaking of alive ...
face3.gif

Big accident happened in my front yard over the Memorial Day weekend! I am sooo glad the man didn''t die in my yard, I don''t think I could have stood a white cross hammered into the ground and people putting flowers by it!

He''s lucky, and I guess we were lucky too. He jumped the curb and sidewalk on the west neighbors house, then crossed our driveway, hit the retaining wall, flew up into the air and hit the 70 yr old oak tree head on, the flipped the his brand new 4x4 Toyota xcab truck and took out half of our white 6 ft. high x 50 ft. long privacy fence on the east end, no braking involved going at least 65 MPH! I am glad he didn''t crash into our house! Bush''s sheared and mud and bark o mulch, and car parts strewn through-out our yard, and also into our east neighbors yard! He had some broken bones, and who knows what else. It is amazing the momentum and the force that was involved! It actually sounded like a bomb that had gone off!

Tree will have to come down, insurance already sent out a ''tree doctor/surgeon'' he inspected, states that it is too much of a liability to wait an see. I guess he''s right, branches are already turning brown way up high, and the tree is slightly now leaning towards the road, I guess you might call it shifted? He said the root system from the jarring has sustained too much trauma, chunks and bark missing, etc... I will miss my huge shade tree!

Oh well, have a great day tomorrow!
35.gif
WOW!!!
6.gif
sounds like something in a movie.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 2:44:30 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
speaking of the missing...

anybody heard from Patty?
20.gif
she haven''t post for so long .hope everything is o.k.
Yeh, were has she been?

MrsDJ!! Welcome back!! I understand your pain and dilemma. On both fronts. I just cut down 9 trees in my yard.. UGH!! It felt almost sinful to cut down something that hasbeen around longer than me. AND the computer front.. Hey... try a MAC!! everytime somethinghappens to hubbys Computer I always laugh and tell him itis because he does not have a MAC.

Welcome back again!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 10:28:40 AM
Author: strmrdr
that stinks :{

They should have saved your info for you and reinstalled it :{

You mean they could have done that??? I can''t email lot''s of people now ''cause I didn''t write down their emails!
emcry.gif

Really sux about the wreck :{
my boss had a camaro go 5 feet into his living room a while back.

I am just glad no one died, including innocent children/families! That is so scary about what happened to you boss!
face3.gif

Make the guys insurance pay for trnsplanting a mature tree in place of the one he killed.
Your owed one.

Yup, his insurance company actually is the same company the house ins. is thru ... they are being wonderful so far, we will be getting an estimate for replacement value of the tree, estimate to fix the gouging in the pavement in the drive way, replacing the retaining wall, replacing the fence, and the bushes, shrubs and other plants that are done for! They will also be responsible for taking out the dirt that is infested with glass, metal and battery acid, radiator juice and who knows what else, and replacing it with "clean" fill and new bark 0 mulch. Hmmm, did I leave anything out?
face21.gif
Oh & also when they come to saw down the tree, I''m keeping the wood!
face23.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay ~
face23.gif

Oh my gosh ... it was pure tortue! I would go & p/u my kids from my parents house after work and I would try to sneak into the spare bedroom where my dad''s computer is, and try to log on ... and I would just log on and start typing in "PRICESCOPE" and he would walk in and say ... how much longer are you going to be? "Uh ... I just logged on, are you expecting a call?" Of course ... his answer would always be "Yes"!
14.gif

I am back ... last time I try to do something I know nothing about!
32.gif

Have a super evening!
emthup.gif

35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi to ...

Dani
emrose.gif
, FireGoddess
emrose.gif
, & Kaleigh
emrose.gif
!

emhot.gif
emlove.gif
emhot.gif

Glad I am back ... I will never ... ever ... do this again!!!
face20.gif

I have alot to cath up on!
3.gif

See y''all around, and have a super evening!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 3:27:53 PM
Author: MINE!!

MrsDJ!! Welcome back!! I understand your pain and dilemma. On both fronts. I just cut down 9 trees in my yard.. UGH!! It felt almost sinful to cut down something that hasbeen around longer than me. AND the computer front.. Hey... try a MAC!! everytime somethinghappens to hubbys Computer I always laugh and tell him itis because he does not have a MAC.

Welcome back again!!
Hi Mine ~
emrose.gif

Oh my gosh ... I remember when we first moved into the house ... we cut down a mini fruit orchard in the back yard!
6.gif
That was hard work!

One of the neighbors were like "Why you cuttin'' all them trees down? That''s some good fruit your not gonna have this summer and fall." I was like, "Hey, your not the ones having to go and pick it all up before it starts rotting and the bugs infesting it are you
20.gif
?" I don''t know any family that could eat that much fruit! Blah!!! 4 apple trees, 2 cherry, 3 pear and 3 plum. All had some kind of neglect and disease, one had termites in it
14.gif
... we saved that one for last ... we doust it with gasoline and set fire to it
27.gif
and burned all the bugs that had infested it so that they wouldn''t fly away and take up new homage in any of the surronding homes ... it definately was a sight to see
6.gif
! Sometimes trees have got to go, but I am gonna miss the front one, the squirels love that tree to play in! At least we will still have the 40 yr old maple closer to the house.

You can call me a computer disaster, but I know nothing about most computers, and what is so good about a MAC vs PC? Is one more prone to harm than the other???

Ok, well ... Have a super evening and talk with you all lil later!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results