shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies...did you ever thought about an UP-GRADE before finding PS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
did the girls here influence you?
9.gif
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my upgrade pre-PS!! But after finding PS have gotten things I surely wouldn''t have had I not found PS. Like my asscher RHR, etc...
31.gif
11.gif
3.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Planning my upgrade is *how* I found PS! I''m sure it fuels my need for more sparkly stuff though!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I upgraded before PS, but it has inspired my subsequent purchases. Also, my halo cushion was PS-inspired.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I had upgraded before PS, but not really for size reasons, I just happened to get a size increase too.
21.gif
I had a poorly cut 1ct visibly included emerald cut diamond that I got clarity enhanced - but it couldn't cure the bad cut so I sold it and moved on (at the time I didn't really know about cut except that it looked crooked and something was off about it).

I did upgrade my pear for size and shape (it resembled a marquise).

But did I ever have shrinkage before DT/PS? NO! A 1ct was my "big/ideal", and a 1.5ct my absolute max. Those were the days!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, I LUSTED for a bigger diamond long before I found PS, and now that I have my upgrade (pre-PS) I want a BIGGER *BETTER* diamond!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think I'd upgrade because of FI feelings about this diamond. BUT yes, before PS I did think about it. And after PS... well, IF I could I would get a different asscher. A LITTLE bigger like 1.4 carats but mostly one with MUCH larger corners/ windmills. I'd want it bigger because I'd really like one with the same MM size as a 1 carat AGS 0 round. Most people think my asscher is much smaller than it is-- it's 5.87 x 5.86 which is actually a great spread on a 1.09 carat asscher and it's very well cut for a an asscher with next to no corners... but I've people ask me if it's a half carat or three quarter carat and that BUGS THE CRAP OUT OF ME. And almost everyone tells me that it's a 'gorgeous princess' so I want those windmills and corners!!! Plus I might want one with the steps cut like Isaku's (don't remember what Storm called it)

The point of this diatribe is that while I wanted a larger stone before PS... after PS I know EXACTLY what I want in terms of cut and corners... and well, EVERYTHING now. Not just a size upgrade.

It was actually easier when I just wanted a bigger one. Must Win Lottery so I can afford to keep this one... AND get another. LOL. Cause this one is my forever diamond.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the upgrade bug well before I got to PS! I was nicknamed Zsa Zsa so that should tell you a lot! I have like jewels and sparklies since I was tiny. I had the first ering 10 years, then the second for five...I think I am on the last!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had thought of an upgrade before PS, but finding so many ladies who had done so didn''t exactly hurt my justification.
27.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Yes - in fact I found PS whilst researching options for my upgrade
31.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I had my first upgrade before PS but PS has inspired to aspire and own much larger diamonds than I thought I''d ever own
31.gif
...I thought I''d never go beyond 2 ct and I was wrong!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did 3 trade-ups before I found PS.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
actually it was the "nice ice" site that appealed to my scientific mind, and somehow i found this site not long after.

but i already had the bug.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My American BF - I was the British trade up queen well before PS.....
emembarrassed.gif
PS just gave me even more encouragement
11.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
"Planning my upgrade is *how* I found PS!"

ditto

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
PS didn''t influence my decision to get an upgrade, as I actually wanted to get a bigger diamond prior to finding PS and that was how I found it. I also had a particular size in mind, I wanted about or close to 1.5 ct.

PS did influenced the shape I got though, as I originally was about to purchase a 1.37 D VS1 square radiant and set it in a 3 stone setting with trapezoid sides.

I changed my mind after discovering the world of H&A''s.

Instead of the radiant, I got a 1.51 F VVS2 ACA New Line. I later upgraded that to a 2.03 G VS1 ACA Classic Line, because I really felt the 1.5 ct. didn''t cut it for me.
I figured it was okay for me to upgrade so soon after receiving the 1.5 since I didn''t receive an e-ring when we got married and I had to wait 10 years for it anyway.

Every now and then I feel the urge to upgrade, but I realize it wouldn''t make any sense for me to upgrade to a larger, but less valuable stone (price wise), just for a couple of mm in size.

I figure that if I do get the urge to upgrade, I will just get a new halo setting or something. Or, I was thinking of getting a 2.5 ct. pear.
11.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2006 7:55:28 AM
Author: Lorelei
My American BF - I was the British trade up queen well before PS.....
emembarrassed.gif
PS just gave me even more encouragement
11.gif
brit GF
i thought UK e-rings avg like .30ct
20.gif
you must have the biggest rock among your friends.
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly do my American BF at over 3 carats and I don't mean VEGETABLES!!!!!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
and how is Beryl doing these days?! :) I hope to see her in person...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big Beryl is fine thanks DF!!!! I hope you can too and I can see your EC !!! Of course seeing you would be the best!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I found PS while doing research for my upgrade, but didn''t join until I got my diamond set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results