shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a "inspired by Vatche RC" custom setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) im excited you found what you like.

keep in mind though that this one you posted was a 1.5 ct while yours is a 1, i dont know how much of a diff. that will make with the look.

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock
Mara,
stermag said below later on in the thread, so I assumed that it was made as a custom by Jim... ?!

"Jim did have this one made. I really wanted an RC but I really didn''t want to have to send the stone to have it set by someone else. The shank width is 2.5mm by my measurements, depth (if I understand correctly) is ~1mm. The head is about 7mm high."

Also, I e-mail Jim, and he said he can do it for $1200.

I also called Vathe and the below is measurement they gave me.

at the top: 28mm
at the middle: 3.3mm
at the bottom: 2.7mm
A great news is that they said they will be able to shave it down with no extra charge too!
So, quality wise, which do you think will be better? I guess Vatche one?

FrouFrou, Thanks! I''m happy that I finally found the setting I want to go with.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ocean...if Jim actually sells Vatche, then I would imagine they would not be happy with him custom making a ring for a client JUST like theirs. Also hers looks EXACTLY like the RC....so I have a feeling he had them make one for her to their specs? And then set her stone into it rather than having them do it? I don''t know, did you ask Jim directly if stermag''s is a RC? I totally thought it was and it looks spot on, no differences. Also I know Vatche frowns upon their retailers selling similar settings to theirs.

I would get the original and have it shaved down rather than trying to get a custom made or something similar honestly. The price difference is basically nonexistent it would seem and they are willing to shave it down for you so get the real thing!! I love the RC. I would LOVE to have it as a solitaire in the future!!

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock
Mara, Jim just said that they don''t carry Vatche, but they can make anything I want, and if I want RC inspired one, then they can make it exactly the same. Also, when I asked him the question, I attached the link too.

Anyway, yeah, right now I''m thinking of just going with Vatche setting unless my local jeweler offers me a great deal like less $400 or something...
19.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh okay...sorry I was confused I guess! I thought that Jim carried Vatche.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results