shape
carat
color
clarity

Atlas DIY cut grading link not working?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried to use the DIY link over the past few days? I can''t get that link or even the one that shows the general %s for each shape to come up. Is it me (as usual!?) or is there a technical issue? Do you know of another place where I can get this info (especially something like the DIY input page)? Thank you!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wondering about you and your oval, DeeJay.
1.gif

I tried to get it to come up but it says there''s an error on the page. I do have the chart saved to my computer though, so maybe this will help?

chrt234.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firegoddess -- thank you for the chart.

As for my oval... I had an experience with a jeweler today that was SOOOOO bad I''m tempted to just give up on switching my stone. A jeweler called me up today and told me to rush right over because he had a GREAT stone for me to look at. Of course I dropped everything and bolted right to his store. He shows me an EGL Israel stone with symmetry so bad that I could see the shape discrepancy from 2 feet away, and the depth was 53.5 and the table was 64. And NO, I did NOT reverse those numbers. Can an oval have a fisheye? I really think this one did. And the bowtie from hell.

I was dumbfounded. After the entire conversation I had with him about wanting a well cut stone he shows me this CRAP??? When I asked him what the hell he was thinking wasting my time having me come over to look at the diamond his response was, "Well look! It''s a D color! Wow! So white!" (And NO, I''m not looking for a D either!!!)

Big sigh.

My only hope at this point is Steve Quick Jewelers here in Chicago. Someone from Quick is going to the big gem show in Vegas next week and she knows EXACTLY what I''m looking for. Maybe maybe maybe she''ll find me something...

By the way, Firegoddess, it was kind of you to ask how my search was going. I''m sure I''ve bored the pants off of most people with my recent oval obsession so I appreciate you asking. And every time I see your georgous avatar I regret that I gave up my original pear to cause myself such grief with this damn oval!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear the first jeweler thought that showing you a poorly cut D was going to bowl you over! I have seriously been wondering how your search is going. I love all the jewelry and fun projects on PS but I do have a soft spot for fancy stone owners and their projects - it can be nerve wracking much more so than picking an ideally cut AGSOOO round! So I truly have been wondering how it''s going. Please keep us posted. It''s not boring in the least. And thanks for the compliment.

I hope your guy going to the jewelry show brings you something perfect....or by not doing so convinces you that what you have is perfect.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results