shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on Mens Wedding Band: Whats best metal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WirelessRoute

Rough_Rock
My Fiancée wants to know what type of Wedding Band I want or she should get me
We have looked at a few stores and I really like the Titanium Bands
I dislike Gold and really don''t care for it

What is popular right now?
Is there a metal more scratch resistant then another?
I think I perfer one without a diamond or gems on it
Any recommendations are appreciated!
17.gif

WirelessRoute

Rough_Rock
Anyone
8.gif

Checking into Tungsten

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Titanium and Tungstun are both good choices. They''re light enough to be comfortable for someone unused to jewelry. Titanium is super sturdy and scratch resistant. I particularly like the ones with the platinum strip in the middle, very subtle.
The down-sides are that they can''t be sized and you may have trouble in case of an emergency. If you gain or lose weight and change ring sizes you''ll have to get a new ring. However that doesn''t seem to be that common with men. If something happens to your finger and the ring needs to be cut off then a rural emergency room or a paramedic may not be able to cut it off right away since both metals are much tougher than gold or platinum. It''s not exactly a frequent concern though. My sister worried about it since she does a dangerous sport and that is a likely occurance for her, but normally not.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance and I have been looking for something durable that also has no stones. If you want titanium rings, I would try titaniumrings.com because they have a pretty varied selection with some great engraved and carved rings... minus stones! Titanium is also polishes VERY well (provided you can find a jeweler that will do it). If you don''t like what you see there, check out boone rings because they make some gorgeous pieces too and you can go custom if you don''t see anything you like. You could also check out platinum... it ages really well, but it scratches more than tungsten and I think more than titanium as well. Just a couple suggestions for you... hope you find what you are looking for
26.gif

*Marisa*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are alot of threads on here about men''s wedding bands, try using the search tool up above to read previous posts...

there has been much discussion on here re metals for men, what is most durable, what scratches, finishes etc.

there are alot of options out there. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results