shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of My Adwar Halo Cast

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
So I've been shopping around for a beautiful diamond wedding pendant and I have a project in the works with Whiteflash. It will have 28-1pointers on the halo and side. I was emailing with another PS'er and we were wondering if the rabbit ears would make the pendant flip. What do you think?

They just received my cast and here's a picture:

JellyPendantCast.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here's the specs on my Expert Selection Stone!
0.568 carat Round Ideal Cut Diamond
Item Code: AGS-7088701
Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.568
Color: F
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 61.2
Table: 56.4
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.33-5.36X3.27

Can you believe I actually bought an F!? I am forever a lover of my K colored E-ring, but I admit I am excited to see this F in person!

JellysHaloStoneWeb.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I believe it is close to the Classic Style ACA, but of course it''s an Expert Selection stone.

ISJELLYHalostone.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the AGS report of my stone:

AGSReportJellysHaloPendantStone.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Sarin:

SarinJellyHaloStone.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I can''t wait to see that pendant finished - looks like it will be a real beauty!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 7:39:18 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Oh, I can''t wait to see that pendant finished - looks like it will be a real beauty!
Thanks MissGotRocks! I was a little worried about getting a setting that I didn''t have a good picture of. I''m still keeping my finger crossed that this setting will work out.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could tell you about the rabbit ears and the flipping but I honestly don''t know. I do want to say however that the setting for your pendant is FAB and I can''t wait to see it! I love that there will be sparkle on the sides as well!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 8:57:36 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I wish I could tell you about the rabbit ears and the flipping but I honestly don''t know. I do want to say however that the setting for your pendant is FAB and I can''t wait to see it! I love that there will be sparkle on the sides as well!
36.gif
Thanks Firegoddess! I admit, those sparkles on the side won me over too!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure about the flipping, but wanted to say what a lovely halo!
30.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
30.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border="0"> I can''t wait to see pictures when it''s done!

So...did WhiteFlash get the Adwar setting for you, or did you buy the Adwar then provide it to WhiteFlash? How does all that work? I''d love to know!
1.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
1.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif" width="15 border=0">

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh how exciting jelly. that is going to be stunning!

my pendant doesn''t flip very often at all, but in the past garry has said it has to do with placement of the ears on the pendant area and if its too low or high it will flip? i don''t even remember.

anyway i also think that the length of chain has something to go with it. i find that when i wear something with a 16" chain it flips way more than on my 18" chain, aka when i tried on my sister''s bezel it was flipping on me but not really much on her.

i think with most stationary pendants they do have the chance of flipping! unfortunately.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cool halo setting Jelly and you found a terrific diamond to put in it! Can''t wait to see this when it is done!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 9:00:26 PM
Author: kathleenmv
I''m not sure about the flipping, but wanted to say what a lovely halo!
30.gif
'');'' alt=""Insert smilie
30.gif
'' src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border=0> I can''t wait to see pictures when it''s done!

So...did WhiteFlash get the Adwar setting for you, or did you buy the Adwar then provide it to WhiteFlash? How does all that work? I''d love to know!
1.gif
'');'' height=15 alt=""Insert smilie
1.gif
'' src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif" width=15 border=0>
Hi Kathleen, Thanks for the compliment!

WF ordered the Adwar setting for me and I selected the diamond from WF to put in the center. Moneywise, it''s a VERY reasonable way to go if you cannot afford a custom setting. They gave me a great price for the labor and pieces... I couldn''t resist!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Mara and Sundial, I can''t wait for the finished product either! I ordered an 18" chain adjustable to 20" just because I have a pet peeve tight necklaces and anything fitted around my neck. I don''t even like turtle necks! Bleck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Jelly your stone is gorgeous!! Love the halo setting. We will have halo pendants done at the same time. How fun!!!!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh I''m excited too! Yours is gorgeous, I can''t wait to see it done!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 7:06:30 PM
Author:Jelly
So I''ve been shopping around for a beautiful diamond wedding pendant and I have a project in the works with Whiteflash. It will have 28-1pointers on the halo and side. I was emailing with another PS''er and we were wondering if the rabbit ears would make the pendant flip. What do you think?

They just received my cast and here''s a picture:

I like the setting with two little bales on the top of the stone, spaced to balance it. The chain is then attached directly. You cannot remove the stone then, but I like it better. I think rabbit ears look a bit dated and I like the look of the stone just being on the chain. Another option is to attach the chain through something on the back of the stone/halo, so the halo can move along the chain, but it still stays on that chain only. Either option would work, I think it just depends on the weight of the stone/setting combo! Should be stunning, congrats!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jelly, this pendant is going to be a little BALL OF FIRE!!!! I can''t wait to see it finished!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 12:01:50 AM
Author: diamondfan

So I''ve been shopping around for a beautiful diamond wedding pendant and I have a project in the works with Whiteflash. It will have 28-1pointers on the halo and side. I was emailing with another PS''er and we were wondering if the rabbit ears would make the pendant flip. What do you think?

I like the setting with two little bales on the top of the stone, spaced to balance it. The chain is then attached directly. You cannot remove the stone then, but I like it better. I think rabbit ears look a bit dated and I like the look of the stone just being on the chain. Another option is to attach the chain through something on the back of the stone/halo, so the halo can move along the chain, but it still stays on that chain only. Either option would work, I think it just depends on the weight of the stone/setting combo! Should be stunning, congrats!!!
Hi DiamondFan. You made some great points about attaching the chain. I''m just going to see if I like the way it is set up and change it if it bothers me. I DO like the idea of the halo moving around on the chain, it would probably be more comfortable.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 1:06:24 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Jelly, this pendant is going to be a little BALL OF FIRE!!!! I can''t wait to see it finished!
Thanks KristyDarling, that''s EXACTLY the look I''m hoping for!!! I can''t wait either!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Jelly, you pendant is going to be fantastic! Definitely a disco ball!
30.gif
Can''t wait to see finished pics including neck shots.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s going to look gorgeous. Can''t wait to see pics..

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 2:34:19 AM
Author: Jelly

Date: 5/25/2006 12:01:50 AM
Author: diamondfan

Hi DiamondFan. You made some great points about attaching the chain. I''m just going to see if I like the way it is set up and change it if it bothers me. I DO like the idea of the halo moving around on the chain, it would probably be more comfortable.
I have a bezel set pendant where the chain runs through the back of the bezel. The chain is near the top but I find that the bezel does tip forward quite a bit. I do like the back that the pendant can slide on the chain, unlike the XO pendant which was stationary. I found I had to readjust that one all the time. So I guess it is a matter of what bothers you more - the flipping, or the readjusting b/c it doesn''t stay centered.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info about the setting, Jelly. I appreciate it!
1.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
1.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif" width="15 border=0">

I''m excited to see how it all comes together and what you decide to do with the chain. Some good options!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
possibly if the chain runs through the bezel not at the top but more in the middle it would prevent tipping? i think also my rabbit ears (which are really tiny) are spaced out just right so that there isn''t as much tipping as i have seen other necklaces do. but i do agree that either it tips or moves for readjusting. and i do not like sliding pendants at all so i am stuck with the whole stationary thing and don''t like a bale either.

can''t wait to see the finished product. my little sister''s pendant has SO given me ideas...i have not been wearing my diamond earrings at all in the last 3-4 months, don''t know why...but am contemplating trading them in for one larger stone for a bezel set pendant. ideas ideas!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a way to "test" it before you fully commit? Sometimes the tiniest ajustment makes a world of difference. I have a necklace with three flowers on it, they are attached to the chain itself. They are supposed to be on the neck with one in the center and the other two near the collar bone on each side of the middle. I noticed it always seems to float up to one side and I am always adjusting it! I think you need to see, when it is actually done, what works best!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Apparently the previous Sarin was off...Whiteflash fixed it and here are the ACTUAL numbers:

JellysSarinHaloStone.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh! Jelly, I can''t wait to see this pendant! I bet it is going to be stunning!
30.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fatafelice! When deciding on a halo, I drooled over the pics of yours many times! I LOVE YOUR CUShION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results