shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, when does it end?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2006 9:20:00 AM
Author: StephanieK
Hi again everyone!

Diamondseeker2006 -- I didn''t see that you are returning that 1.44ct diamond! I had seen that you were looking for something else but didn''t realize that for sure you didn''t like the H. That''s so ironic that it is the same size as my grandmother''s diamond! I had originally thought of getting an OEC or an OMC in that same size to have the same look as my grandmother''s diamond, but after seeing some ideal cuts in person, I was a convert and now I do want an ideal cut. I hate to say that I am super sensitive to color so I would have to make sure an H is not going to bother me. I am willing to drop on the clarity and would do that before dropping on the color but I guess I am a snob and have that whole ''mind clean'' idea. My grandmother''s diamond was either an E or F according to my jeweler and my original thought was not going below a G, but I know something like a G, SI combo is sometimes hard to find. If Jeff is OK with me contributing more money to the ring, maybe the diamond you had is a possibility.
1.gif

Here is a picture of the Tacori setting I will be getting, as long as the head can be changed out for a bigger diamond in the future.
31.gif
Stephanie, now I remember who you are! I was on your original Tacori thread! That is such a beautiful setting! I was able to try on Tacori E-ring''s Tacori ring with sapphires on Saturday, and it is really gorgeous! And speaking of color, she says hers is an I color, but I don''t believe her..it looked nice and white to me!

Anyway, the color thing is difficult. I''m picky on color and clarity! But I think I was misjudging the H. It was only in low light that it looked dark with fire in it, and I have now been told that many ideal cut stones are that way. It has zero to do with the color of the stone. I saw an E in Tiffany''s Saturday and it did the same thing. But this H was white in good light like flourescent and outside. My original diamond is an F, so I have to be sure on color, too. F is so expensive that I wanted to compromise and get a G, but there aren''t many around in the size I want. Jewelry stores are about the worst places to decide on color because of the unrealistic lighting, so I don''t know how to tell you to decide about your color limits! You''ll save a bundle on a G or H, though, and get a little more size than if you go with F. That 1.44 H is a rare size in that it is close to the appearance of 1 1/2 carats, but it would cost thousands more if it was .06 cts. larger! It was just a thought, but you''ll have to go a lot smaller if you want to go to a F or G.

I love the idea of Jeff paying for the Tacori settings if a new head can be put on later for an upgrade. That way, you''ll have your enagament/wedding rings forever and just change the diamond on special occasions!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MEN!
38.gif

I don''t think I''m being too hard on him when I say that I agree with his mother...lol.

The Tacori is lovely...and while I love all things vintage, I have to say I agree with a RB over an antique cut.

Congratulations on working things out. Good sign of things to come.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh you poor girl! I''m just reading all of these replies now, and I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother''s diamond. I was given my great grandmother''s 20 point ering and I would be absolutely devastated if anything happened to it. Talking about a replacement diamond definitely points to purchasing a diamond similar to the one you lost, so I think we all completely empathize with you now. Good luck in whatever you end up with, that Tacori setting is awesome, and stick around to keep us updated!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing. Stephanie, you do know that there are places where you can get Tacori at a discount, right?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey Stephanie and Jeff!! I''m glad to know you both worked out your differences! My boyfriend and I have had to discuss our budget a few times (although it nowhere near 6000$
28.gif
) and I may have to contribute a bit to get the setting I want, so I think it''s a very good option.

Good luck and best wishes!
35.gif

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I am paying for half of my e-ring and I have no problem with it. I would never expect my boyfriend to pay for the kind of ring I wanted. I ended up getting a Tacori Rosebud w/a 1.5 ct Princess. My boyfriend should be picking it up this week. I hope I get it soon!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Just say thats all you can afford end of story. She should understand and if she doesn''t she''s being silly. I think a one carat stone is a nice sized stone and tell her you can always upgrade one day. It will give her something to look forward to diamond wise.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Just read the rest of this and it looks like you all worked it out. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results