shape
carat
color
clarity

How can it disappear??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
How can a ring vanish?? Mine has, I am lost for words. I have been searching for 2 days and it is no where to be found. I just don''t know how it can vanish (although I do have a 3 year old!!) I have asked her several times to help me find Mommys ring and she has told me it is in her closet, it is outside and then lastnight she ran over to the heater exchange, lifted it off the floor and said Mommy your ring is in the heater. I just don''t know what to do, what to believe. I will be renting a metal detecter tomorrow and am taking a break today, I feel physically ill. Some off you may remeber my ring and how much it meant to me (It was my MIL E diamond given to my DH) I just need to vent to folks who love and care about their jewelery as much as I do. Keep you fingers crossed that it turns up for me please!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no....
39.gif
This is terrible and I just hope it turns up. Try looking in places you wouldn''t expect it to be, I remember a poster who found her missing ring in a Kleenex box! I will be rooting for you and PLEASE keep us posted.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Lorelei! I have been looking in all the odd places, I keep thinking of places it could be. I wasn''t worried at first but now I am frantic. I took my rings off on the bed, DH rulled the sheets off , I didn''t think anything of it and when I went to put the clean sheet back on I found my wedding ring on the floor and no Ering????? I thought it would be right under the bed......nope, ok so it must be in that roo somewhere...nope. So it took a ride into the basement with the sheets, as far as I can tell no, but I suppose it could have been eaten by the washer or dryer???? I really don''t know and I feel like the more I ask DD the more her imagination kicks in and she is telling me what she thinks I want to hear. She is very honest but I don''t know what to believe!! Oh boy this sucks! DH is very worried I think tonight we will walk around outside with the flashlight.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!

Have you checked the filter in your washing machine.

I would also have a look in toy boxes you might have around the house.

I would also probably be putting rubber gloves on and going through the garbage.

I hope this turns up!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do all Blod suggested and get a flashlight and look in every nook and cranny in the house. Also you can use the attachment on the hoover with a pair of pantyhose on the end which might help, avoids the ring being sucked into the hoover. Do you think your daughter might have hidden it as a game? Have you checked her room and her toys? Maybe Teddy is wearing it????

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well I put a new bag in the hoover and stuck it down the heater vents and only pulled up constuction materials! There is an area in the basement , a gap between the wall and the foundation that it could be in from being tossed down the laundry shoot, DH will have to break out the saw for that one, should be a destructive day I am ready to go in the basement and start taking apart the heating ducts! I have looked thru all of DD toys, they are all in her room so it was easy to look thru each little thing, gosh it makes me realize how much stuff she has, why do we have all this stuff?? I really think it is outside.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I am so sorry!! With a 3-year-old, I guess the ring could be absolutely anywhere. You know, when I was 2, I flushed my Mom''s ring down the toilet.
6.gif
She was unable to retrieve it from the pipes, but perhaps that''s one more place to look? (I hope it''s not there though, ugh) Good luck with your search. Hang in there.

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Look in between the boxspring and the bed frame. I have found items caught there.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
where did you positively see it last?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 10:42:32 AM
Author: KristyDarling
OMG, I am so sorry!! With a 3-year-old, I guess the ring could be absolutely anywhere. You know, when I was 2, I flushed my Mom''s ring down the toilet.
6.gif
She was unable to retrieve it from the pipes, but perhaps that''s one more place to look? (I hope it''s not there though, ugh) Good luck with your search. Hang in there.
Kristy! Bad girl!! You''re in good company though, my mom said when I was little I threw a pair of her earrings in the garbage.

Make sure you check there as well as sink traps. I hope it turns up for you!!! I know how stressful that is.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright flashlight lights out
look high low med
then move high low med and look high low med from each position.

move and shake everything moveable then do the same.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Follow what Storm says to the letter. The metal detector is a gret idea, especially for outdoors. Trace your three year olds steps. Where does she hang out and check the sink traps. I pray you find it Minga, good luck!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

i agree with the sink traps...someone was telling me a story recently how she had a scare with a jewelry item that her cat had knocked from a sink position into the trap, yikes!

also check the carpet really well, turn all the lights out and use a bright light, if you can get one, maybe an LED flashlight or similar to really catch the sparkle of the diamond better than a flashlight will.

i''m so sorry, hope you find it, keep us posted!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Minga, I''m so sorry!!! Everyone has such great suggestions, so all I can say is continue what you are doing and good luck!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
I really appreciate all of you suggestions and support ( that is why I posted here!) It''s not going so well, no sign of it, I thuroughly checked 4 rooms now, we don''t have carpet which makes it a bit easier. I am so sad, my head hurts and I think I need a martini!! DH and I are hopefully going to go out tonight to get away, I can''t stop looking and I am getting desprate. I just want it to pop up, and I think it will, but it is torture! The problem with tracing DD''s steps is I was working on the computer for about 2 hours while she was playing, she goes in and out, we live way back so I don''t worry about her when she goes outside real quick. She was collecting magic rocks for her bear, so she may have grabbed my ring as the ultimate magic rock!!!! She is getting frustrated b/c I keep asking her where mommys ring is! One comfort is that it is insured but to me it is irreplaceable. I will do everything I can to find this ring. It is here somewhere! Thanks again for all your support and I will keep you all up to date.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww minga...i know i have insurance on my ring too but i had a dream the other night that the stone was hugely chipped and the panic i felt in my dream was interesting because you always think well it''s insured so i can replace it, but in reality it''s not the same same thing .... and in my dream i knew that it was insured, but i was still thinking ''man this really sucks'' and i was really upset. so it was kind of an interesting dream for me because i realized if something did happen to my ring and stone i would be more upset and stressed out than just thinking ''at least i could replace it''. so i hope you find it...take a deep breath. you mentioned you have wood floors (or not carpet), did you do a thorough sweeping of the whole house? just a thought.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hugs. Go out and try to have fun. Tomorrow you can resume your search. Thank god it''s insured, that is a blessing. I pray it turns up soon!!!
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you check the closets and in shoes?
dropped things love to hide in shoes then a year later when you put the shoes on you go owe! and there it is.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This sounds crazy....but check your jewelry cleaner container.

There was a woman on PS once who found her ring in teh jewelry cleaner jar TWO YEARS LATER!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh minga, I have little ones too who are always misplacing things. Fortunately it''s never been anything so important. the good news is anything they have "played" with has always turned up. Hopefully, if you daughter took it you will find it in one of her little buckets or baskets or whatever toys she gathers in. It is good that you have insurance even though I know replacing it wouldn''t be the same.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
minga, what about playing a game of ''hide and seek'' with your daughter to see if she will lead you to the ring or similar?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Minga:

Have you checked between the mattress and the head board/foot board? Or along the rails that hold your box spring? I would take the bed apart and have a good look.

Good luck!

ETA: I see someone else already made this suggestion but I would still take the bed apart and really look.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, well it is a new day, and I am going to find the flipping ring!!!

I am feeling better today, not accepting it is gone but for some reason not as crazy! My head is calmer, DH and getting out helps! My DH is being wonderful about all this, he knows how I am about my ring! So I will keep you all informed as the search continues and thanks for all the suggestions. I am a capricorn, very intense and thurough!!!!!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I wish you all the luck today, Mingagreen. I sure hope your ring turns up. I can only imagine the anxiety of losing such a precious heirloom. Thank goodness for insurance, but not even that can replace the sentiment. Keep us posted.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where do you last remember seeing it? If you can remember follow your steps and see if it turns up, rings can bounce if it fell from somewhere. Check behind the wheels of your bed, under dresser drawers etc. I so hope you find it!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
ohh, I do hope you find your ring very soon!!!
Something similar happened to me about two years ago when my daughter was 3 at the time as well.
We were putting up the Christmas tree and I decided to take off my ring and I put it on the couch in a glass dish. My daughter was playing around that couch and after about an hour I decided to look at my ring and it was gone!
I can''t say how panicked I was when I realized it was gone! I was having palpitations, I was sweating, etc. It is an insured ring, but I absolutely love that diamond and I would hate to have to search over and over again for a similar one!
I asked my daughter if she saw the ring and she said no, so I asked her to help mommy find the ring and we looked everywhere, but to no avail.

Finally, I decided just for the heck of it to put my fingers in between the couch arm rests and the seat cushions and although it was hard to even get my fingers into that area, I felt the ring with the tips of my fingers.
Somehow it had gone from the glass dish to the inside of the couch. There would have been no way for me to have found it and the only reason why I looked there is because the ring had been on the couch.

I do hope you find your ring. I would be frantic as well. Good luck and look in the couches!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I have two toddlers myself and I know how frustrating it is when they take your things and play with them!

Have you checked every single one of her toys? My daughter was "holding" my ring once and my husband found it a few hours later in her fire truck.
33.gif

Maybe she has a doll and it is stuck inside the doll''s clothes, or it is at the bottom of her toy box.

Good luck....don''t give up hope yet!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 5:00:21 PM
Author: strmrdr
did you check the closets and in shoes?
dropped things love to hide in shoes then a year later when you put the shoes on you go owe! and there it is.
I second what Storm said about the shoes. It was not jewelry, but one day when my girls were little I had to go out and could not find my keys anywhere! I searched high and low for them, and heaven only knows why I found them there, but one of my girls had picked them up and tucked them into one of her little shoes . . .

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked in the bathroom cabinet?

Does your toddler have any pockets in the clothing she has been wearing recently?

I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you
8.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So sorry about this Mingagreen! Good luck with your search. You are fresher and less frazzled today and you may have more luck finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results