shape
carat
color
clarity

What Happened....Quite Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Basic

Rough_Rock
I realize that I am a new member, but i just wanted to share my experience.

Well as posted earlier I have been looking into the U-Prong Champaigne Pave by WF. As pointed out by a few members, I contacted WF about having the ring band customized to be thinner. I wrote to them over the weekend, and was quite surprised to get a response directly from, what the title says the CEO. I got a very positive response, and was really happy with the service. She fowarded my email onto one of their Gemologists, who as well gave a very positive response understanding my time crunch. I was told that I would be contacted the next day, and now it has been three days without a single response. I guess my largest concern is that now this setting I was inquiring about has gone up in price by $300.

Has there been anything significant that would justify this price change within the past 2-3 days?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, skyrocketing price of plat.

Did they quote you a new price? Or was there just a change on the site?

rreynol

Rough_Rock
If it was such a time crunch, why wouldn''t you contact them if they didn''t respond after a day? As someone who is currently having a ring made by WF, I can say that the best way to get info when you want it is to call them. I''ve had to do this several times with the WF person I am working with.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m very sorry you''re disappointed but do agree that after not hearing from them on the first day I would have called. I LOVE email and prefer it over the phone but it isn''t 100% reliable or always the fastest way to get things done. I''d be disappointed too, especially since they had been so quick to respond early on.

I do know that many vendors are raising prices due to the metals being on the rise, not just WF. Definitely bring this up that due to the delay on their part, you may have to pay a higher amount. If you have a quote from them directly, I''m sure they will honor it.

niceguymr

Rough_Rock
Although I know there are many satisfied WF customers here on PS, I found their customer service to be sub par. Of all the different companies I was dealing with when trying to find & buy my e-ring, they were the slowest to respond to telephone calls and emails. Also, I was disappointed in the fact that most of the diamonds that I inquired about were unavailable, yet still listed in either their system, or the PS search.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Given the time crunch, I too would have called WF the following day. I love email, but sometimes I think it can slow things down.

The price of platinum is going up, but since WF has already been in contact with you regarding this ring, I would hope they would give you the original price. A jump of $300 is pretty hefty.

Also, Basic, I just wanted to say that the WF champagne pave ring has been one my favorites for a long time. The few PS member who have posted pics (in SMTR) have been absolutely gorgeous!!! Keep us posted.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I looked at thier settings last night and noted a significant increase. Their basic tiffany in platinum was $450. and now is $540. That''s a 20% increase! I am hearing that the diamonds may be going up very soon as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, but I feel like you should get the old price since you made the request prior to the price increase. I''d mention that to them.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I am working with WF to have my w-band made right now and I worked with them 6 months ago to have my e-ring made (right before Christmas, no less). Lately, I have noticed they are a little slower to return calls and it seems more necessary to call them to see what''s up. But I love their work so I will continue to work with them. I just realize that they are not always super responsive.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear about your communication difficulties with WF. I just wanted to jump in and say that the champaigne setting is so gorgeous.....it's one of my very favorites too. It's so unique with the satin finish and little champaigne bubbles. I just love it. Hope it all works out for you.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting too and based on my recent experience with Whiteflash I would CALL rather than email them. Some of the emails I sent just seemed to drop into cyberspace and calling was much more effective.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer...a bracelet that I''ve had my eye on has gone up in price by almost $400! It looks like metals and diamonds are getting more expensive. Sorry to hear about your email difficulty. If vendors can''t respond to emails effectively then I think they shouldn''t offer it as a contact method. With agressive spam filters in use, it''s hard to tell whose at fault though.

Basic

Rough_Rock
First, thanks to everyone about the positive responses about this setting and the situation. I know that my goal was to get my girlfriend a setting that was unique in style. This was something that she stressed about the qualities she was hoping for from a wedding ring.

I did originally call them before sending an email, but regardless I realize now that i should have called after not hearing back from them. I guess I just figured that since the CEO responded and said she was going to make sure my email was in the hands of the right person, that this was the person i needed to communicate with in order to get things going.

Well, I truly hope that WF does honor the original price of this ring. Otherwise, I may just have a custom ring made which i have included a picture of.
2.gif

edit: the blue area is where i would like to have pave set diamonds layed out in a similar fashion to the Champaigne setting.

1temp2.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi Basic,

We appreciate the feedback. As others have mentioned, the price of platinum has risen tremendously.

I looked into our records concerning your case. It may help to understand that because you asked for a somewhat modified piece the quote was not immediate. If you wanted the standard piece the price your sales rep included in his first response to you would be honored. He did contact our jewelers the following day as promised, and we expect a final quote on the modified piece today (I think he is in currently touch with you about this).

While this is being discussed it’s important to mention, for all, that including a phone number when filling out the initial request is key to insure we have complete control over our responsiveness: Email these days can fly into cyberspace, hit firewalls or be spam-filtered due to attachments. That did not happen here, but it is timely to mention. For those reasons we always encourage people to contact us via our toll-free number in any urgent situation.

Thanks again for the feedback. I hope we are able to meet (and exceed) your expectations.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 8:02:43 AM
Author: niceguymr

...I was disappointed in the fact that most of the diamonds that I inquired about were unavailable, yet still listed in either their system, or the PS search.

Niceguymr,

To clarify, the diamonds you inquired about were not ours. They were virtual list stones that had not been turned off by their suppliers and will appear in most mass-database searches (whether PS, WF or other). Fortunately, Pricescope has a helpful “In-House” feature that will filter out virtual list diamonds. It's a very helpful tool.

Please check my reply to you from 5/2/06 in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/disappointed-numerous-ps-search-diamonds-turning-out-unavailable-upon-inquiry-with-dealers.44566/

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results