shape
carat
color
clarity

Tried on million dollar ring at Cartier Chicago!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys, I put this in Rocky Talky, but it should have gone here. :)

Hi guys,

I completely forgot to tell you that when I was visiting Jeff in Chicago we stopped by Cartier before we went to Tiffany''s.

The salesperson was so awesome and when Jeff took a call on his cell, she started showing me ridiculously big fancy rings.

I was dressed casuallly and totally shocked by the great service.

Then she took me to the window display and had me try on their million dollar yellow fancy square diamond with side trillions (i think).

The diamond was so big my finger could hardly hold it up!

Anyway, thought you might get a kick out of this.

It was a pretty cool experience
36.gif

Tracy

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
WOW
23.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh!! That must have been quite a ring
6.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Wow that sounds like lots of fun!

I tried on a 4, 5 and then a 6 carat diamond ring at Tiffany''s last year. It was FUN FUN FUN!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky!!
18.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
When we were in Palm Beach last May, I tried on a $3m ring at a place called Kaufmann de Suisse. It was something like 24 carats and I believe it was D, Flawless.

I also got to try on 3, 4 and 5 carat asschers and radiants. It was sooo fun.

We are going back to PB next week and I am so looking forward to going there again. I am on a husband imposed jewelry buying moratorium now until May 2010 but when that lifts, who knows?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 11:22:05 AM
Author: Allisonfaye
When we were in Palm Beach last May, I tried on a $3m ring at a place called Kaufmann de Suisse. It was something like 24 carats and I believe it was D, Flawless.

I also got to try on 3, 4 and 5 carat asschers and radiants. It was sooo fun.

We are going back to PB next week and I am so looking forward to going there again. I am on a husband imposed jewelry buying moratorium now until May 2010 but when that lifts, who knows?

There is a jeweler here in Dallas that sells Daniel Ks, and about 2 weeks ago, Weston and I went shopping and stopped by after a David Yurman opening.

They had a 9 carat Asscher (I, IF though) with a 3 sided pave setting that the saleswoman let me try on. This was of course after trying on all of the 1.5-3 carat Danial Ks, including the "twins" ring that I never thought was all that pretty until I saw it on my hand.

In any case, I must either have tiny hands, not dress well enough, look old enough (to myself), or lift weights enough, because as much as I would love to have admitted that I liked the 9 carat stunner on my hand, I just . . . didn''t. But it was soooooo much fun to try on.
9.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Wow, a million dollar ring??? Danm!
6.gif

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
Wow it sounds like fun! I love trying different rings and chat to the nice sales manager who works here in Cartier Bahrain. The prices are almost 25% cheaper than in Europe
31.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have been in a few stores that sell pretty high end stuff and for the most part, with the possible exception of Tiffany''s, the salepeople seem to enjoy letting you try it on. I would say they KNOW 99.999% of people aren''t serious buyers but they still do it. The saleslady at Neiman Marcus told me you never really know who is a serious buyer by how they look anyway.

When we got home from Palm Beach, there was a big manilla envelope in the mail from the gentleman at Kaufmann de Suisse with photos of all the rings I had liked best, and prices for each. I had to laugh. That letter arrived before we even got home from our vacation. But I have to admit, he was a good salesperson. He even followed up with a phone call a week or so later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results