shape
carat
color
clarity

Will I ever decide????(any diamond psychologists here?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 12:38:14 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ladykemma, are you the pawn shop diamond expert? I am thinking it is either you or Loreli. But yesterday, I passed a pawn shop and decided to go in for the first time! They had bunches of little diamonds, none good for my ring. But I can see how people could certainly consider getting earring or pendant stones that way.

Let me clarify that this diamond is incredibly beautiful. I think most people would love to have it. I am used to an F color, though, and I am not 100% sure I''ll be happy dropping to an H. I think this color in an antique setting would be really nice, but I think I''d prefer whiter for a platinum solitaire. And I''d really like VS1, too, if I can find it.

My husband saw the ring for the first time last night. He was surprised at the size, too. I think these well cut stones just appear larger because they are so bright! He thought the diamond was beautiful but he could tell that it was warmer than my F. If I could find a well cut G that is not as deep as this stone (62), I could practically get close to the same diameter with a 1.33 or so. It is not going to bother me to go from 7.2 mm to 7.1 mm. He said to definitely keep looking until I find exactly what I want. He knows me and realizes I will be sorry later if I don''t.
yes that''s me. sometimes have to ask the pawn shop owner to bring out the nice ones. i''m not an expert, just not that picky and very brave!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
ladykemma, you are brave!
admitting you like a little leakage!!
you go girl!

While I had that E, I swear, it was obnoxious! For the first time, I understood what people were talking about. It threw off major flashes of light.
I can see how I might just love that, especially if that's what I had already worn for a long time. I want a lovely mesmerizing stone, not a firecracker... it's a personality thing.

diamondseeker- if you can see the difference between an F to an H, then I would definitely encourage you to go higher in color.
I'm color sensitive, too, so I know how it can bother someone. The bigger the stone, the more opportunity to see the color, plus I think a solitaire setting doens't hide much either.

I am really falling in love with my G these days. I do prefer some warmth, but for me that means a G! I had narrowed it down to this one and an H with better clarity, but I needed the whiter stone.
More and more, I think this one is a keeper, but it has taken me a while.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, dbgaap, we may be coming to the same color conclusion! I just got my husband to take a quick picture of this one so I can post it, but I had to email it to the one person on here whose email address I have so she can reduce the size for me. Is there a picture of yours on here? If so, I have probably seen it, but they all run together in my brain after awhile! I'm going to look and see if I can find it.

ETA: Okay, found it! And I do remember now! I liked it that you posted your 1 ct. next to the 1.2. That helps because I am also upgrading from 1 ct. I am glad to know that you prefer the G over the E. That makes me feel good about the choice of G. This H is beautiful...yeah, I know I keep saying that, but I really want a G and I'd like a table slightly larger than 54.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janis, I just got your e-mail. I think it looks beautiful BUT you have to love it. You really, really do. I hope I will get to see it on Saturday! Give us details on your bracelet too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, great, Tacori! I''ll post the picture on here and on SMTR. It''s a beautiful ring, just like the 1.66 I looked at, but am am leaning towards waiting for a 1.3-1.4 G at this point.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the picture...will also post on SMTR since I think only a couple of people are in this conversation!

DSHVS2 (2).jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, what good timing... just logging in now
Lemme know if you want my email, too.
I''d be glad to resize & post pics any time you need it.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! see, I told you so!
Now I''m gonna have to gush and tell you it looks gorgeous!
And it looks white, too.
But as we both know, you aren''t always seeing the stone face-up. Most of the time you see it from an angle and you can surely see the color from an angle.
The size looks fantastic on you, but youo can go a little smaller and still look fantastic. Absolutley.

I don''t think you are happy with this ring, so ......

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
db I thought we aren''t suppose to post our e-mail addresses anymore?

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
oh, OK. I didn''t know.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the offer, dbgaap. I''m just lucky that I got Tacori''s email address before the private messages were eliminated. It looks like the only way we have to exchange contact info is when we meet in person. I am meeting Tacori and Princess V next weekend in Charlotte, even though I warned them that going shopping with me would be like having their mother along!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
hee hee... I bet you''ll have a great time shopping with a couple other diamond lovers!!! Seeing other diamonds and settings is exactly what you need.

I''m going to a GTG next weekend here in the DC area.

and, yeah, that bracelet is gorgeous!
I have a (big) milestone birthday next year and I am starting to think about exactly what kind of jewelry would take the sting out of hitting the big five-oh.
something along the lines of a tennis bracelet would do the trick!

1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to admit it, but I recently had that milestone myself! So I am sort of getting a late birthday and early anniversary present...if I ever find a diamond, that is!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 12:37:00 PM
Author: Demelza

Date: 5/13/2006 10:22:18 AM
Author: ladykemma
on Pricescope peple are led to believe that there is a holy grail of diamonds -- that the only purdy stones are the tolkowsky perfect 'ideal cut' stones. Then they see one and are disappointed.

frankly I like them a little leaky, imperfect, strong blue fluorescent and slightly deep. I like the ones on the HCA chart in the green area above the words 'young people'

maybe you like the imperfect ones too? they have character.

you will know it when you see it.

I totally agree with this, LK. Before I saw my first Superideal, my jeweler talked about them like they are miracles of science and nature. I think sometimes that happens here on PS too. When I first saw one, I have to say I was a bit disappointed; not because it wasn't stunning, but because the hype was so great, there was no way it could live up to it. This is not to say that you should love this diamond or that you should just be happy with it despite your reservations. It's just to say that perhaps seeing a few more well cut stones will help you know what to expect. Maybe this stone is as good as it gets, maybe it's not. But definitely take the time to find out for yourself or you'll always be wondering. It would be great if you could take some pics for us!!! Good luck!
I have a 34 point signature ideal cut from zales. yes zales. (I'm not afraid of mall stores.) it was an impulse buy. it literally jumped out at me while i was walking past with fire and light pulsating through it and around it, and the stone was still in the case. Yet, on the cut advisor it scores poorly, in the green zone above the R in young people but tell my eyes that.

i just say, be open to possibilities. a person may like a 60/60 diamond. or a larger table like my canterbury junk shop stone.

i have a 1 carat TW 5 stone band picked up from clearance $300 at whitehall. a bride custom ordered it and failed to pick it up. stunning clarity and it throws rainbows.

you will know it when you see it. and you won't hesitate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results