shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band - may have gotten ripped off

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracy458

Rough_Rock
At the end of September, we had a wedding band custom made to match the engagement ring. It is a platinum band with about 10-12 small diamonds that go halfway around the band. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed one of the diamonds was missing and the others surrounding it were loose. I took it back to the maker and he pretty much placed the blame on me, told me I hadn''t had it cleaned and that I hadn''t been in to have it checked. He said platinum is soft and you need to have these rings checked every 3 months to make sure everything is okay with it.

That does not seem right to me. I can''t imagine many people really go back to their jeweler every three months to make sure nothing is loose - especially if it''s a well made piece of jewelry. Any thoughts?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I remember when I bought my diamond studs they have a mandatory check every 3 months or my warrantee is no longer valid. So it may just depend on your jeweler.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Most jewelers do require a checkup either every 3 or 6 months to keep the warranty. Didn''t they tell you up front or did they give you any papers detailing their warranty policy?

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
Any idiot can sell a platinum band, but it takes a very well-trained idiot to set diamonds in the ring permanently.
You just got the plain old idiot.

Sorry to hear about this, and it always bugs me when the jooler blames the customer for lost or loose stones.
Go back and let the service people know that you are well aware of the fact that the loose stones are not your fault.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ering is the only ring that gets the prong checks. Since I have a matching shared prong band, I usually just have that one checked too since the melee are teeny tiny. But for certain this was not your fault. That doesn''t happen from normal wear. Platinum isn''t ''soft'' enough that stones will just fall out, or no one would use it.
20.gif
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results