shape
carat
color
clarity

todays Q....your favorite groups / singers and songs?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
awwwww DF
I will be glad to answer....right now I am supporting Nick Lachey, post Jsimp....and a kid named Teddy Geiger who is from my home town Rochester, NY!!!

There is a small write up about him in the current issue of People mag..he is great!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH! You mean now, or as the years have gone on???

I forever heart, even as a child, 70s bands...REO Speedwagon, Chicago, Three Dog Night, Doobie Brothers, CCR, Fleetwood Mac, Bread, Boston, Carpenters, Jefferson Airplane, Kansas, The Eagles, etc, etc etc. I could go on!
Motown sounds like The Stylistics, The Spinners, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, etc.
Ballad singers like Carly Simon, Barbra Streisand, Jim Croce, James Taylor, Kenny Rogers,
I just love all music from 70s (excluding disco) like rock ballads, love songs, and those late 60s/early 70s "groovy" sounding songs like "incense and peppermints". I swear I was born in the wrong decade. I love platform shoes too :)

But as a kid: Loved all 80s music esp Madonna, Michael Jackson, Culture Club, Pet Shop Boys, Hall and Oates, etc. There really aren''t too many 80s songs or bands I dont like :)

Preteen: NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!! And went thru the metal head phase and loved Poison, Def Leppard, Skid Row, Warrant, Guns n Roses, etc. (My 8th grade teacher said I was the only person who could get away with listening to Skid Row while wearing a New Kids on the Block t-shirt heehee)

High School: I was big into Freestyle/Top 40 (Stevie B, Cynthia, 49ers, Jocelyn Enriquez, Laissez Faire...very very big in Chicago in the 90s)

College: Liked The Real McCoy, Gin Blossoms, Smashing Pumpkins

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked so much...

Motown (Jackson 5), I liked dance stuff an R and B, but as a teen...HEAVY METAL and HARD ROCK. You name it, for the most part I liked it. I am sure I will forget tons...

Favorites even now would be Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Peter Gabriel, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Van Halen...I am 40 and my 13 year old loves rock too and is amazed when I can "name that tune" in the car...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
DF- I would like to know yours!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 11:15:23 PM
Author: diamondfan
I liked so much...

Motown (Jackson 5), I liked dance stuff an R and B, but as a teen...HEAVY METAL and HARD ROCK. You name it, for the most part I liked it. I am sure I will forget tons...

Favorites even now would be Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Peter Gabriel, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Van Halen...I am 40 and my 13 year old loves rock too and is amazed when I can 'name that tune' in the car...
Ohhh, diamondfan, I love love love Stevie Knicks- Brian and I saw her perform 2 summers ago- she is the coolest chick ever! I love her raspy voice, and almost "witchy" presence. Journey, Peter Gabriel, Don Henley, Chicago, Foreigner, they are all awesome!

I just love Dave Matthews Band= they are one of my favorites- I also love R&B a lot too! Music is definitely one of my hobbies!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2006 11:17:59 PM
Author: Matatora
60''s.....The Beatles, The Platters, The Bee Gees,Simon and Garfunkel''s,The ventures,Petula Clark

70''s.....Chicago,Fleetwood Mac, Bread, Carpenters, The Eagles,Jackson Five,The Stylistics, Al Green, Tower of Power,Elton John, Rod Stewart,The Bee Gees,Stevie Wonders,Earth,Wind & Fire,Paul McCartney,Santana,War,George Benson. plus, many one hit wonders of the 70''s

80''s....Air Supply,Gloria Estefan.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I like this thread.

Rolling Stones, Chicago, Jefferson Airplane, Three Dog Night, The Police (before he was called Sting). I even like KC and the Sunshine Band. Shake Your Booty tee hee.
9.gif

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmy Buffett is my all time absolute favorite. I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and have had sand in my shoes ever since! When I listen to his music it de-stresses me, and takes me away to a daydream of island paradise, cold drinks with umbrellas in them, and the scent of coconut lotion. MMMMM!!!
10.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 12:23:20 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 4/28/2006 11:17:59 PM

Author: Matatora

60''s.....The Beatles, The Platters, The Bee Gees,Simon and Garfunkel''s,The ventures,Petula Clark

70''s.....Chicago,Fleetwood Mac, Bread, Carpenters, The Eagles,Jackson Five,The Stylistics, Al Green, Tower of Power,Elton John, Rod Stewart,The Bee Gees,Stevie Wonders,Earth,Wind & Fire,Paul McCartney,Santana,War,George Benson. plus, many one hit wonders of the 70''s

80''s....Air Supply,Gloria Estefan.

I Like you DF...:) OMG How did I forget the Bee Gees? I have their 4 CD greatest hits in my car...:) And Air Supply! :)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
The Who
Aerosmith

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Counting Crows....they have been my favorite for the past 10 years!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I love music and I listen to a lot of different eras and styles. Instead of regular radio, I use my XM radio in my car all the time so I can hear a wide variety of music.
madein80sa1.gif
I was born and raised through most of the 1980s. I still love 80s music and I get out to see a local cover band called the Mego-80s as much as possible. I have a HUGE list of songs downloaded onto my laptop here from the 80s. I also love a lot of early 90s rock and cheeseball pop.

As for bands/artists I like, here''s a (VERY) short list:
Duncan Sheik
Jeff Buckley
Ben Folds/ BFFive
John Mayer
Ace of Base
Madonna
Gin Blossoms
Blues Traveler
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Depeche Mode
Franz Ferdinand
The Killers

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2006 8:20:10 AM
Author: PunchNPie75

I Like you DF...:) OMG How did I forget the Bee Gees? I have their 4 CD greatest hits in my car...:) And Air Supply! :)
love their 60''s songs and then their disco songs
36.gif
went to see their concert in Oakland,Ca. 1981
20.gif
and Andy Gibb was there.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
How could I possibly forget The Bee Gees and THE BEACH BOYS. I saw the Beach Boys live in the 60''s in Oakland. We also saw them a few years back, with the new members. Mike Love is wonderful. Thy were playing at Clear Lake. I was lucky enough to meet him in the lobby and he has a wonderful sense of humor, got his autograph and my hubby took my picture with him. It sits on my fireplace mantel. LOL

Linda

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
The King''s Singers "oft have I vowed" madrigal.
At the moment.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I loved Led Zeppelin when I was younger and it amuses me that my college aged children have posters of them on their walls! Lately I have been listening to Collective Soul.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love all kinds of music, but here''s a little sampling (I love a lot of what my parents love/d!): Crosby Stills and Nash, James Taylor, The Beatles, Allman Brothers, The Eagles, Joni Mitchell....I''m also really into Eels right now. Oh, and Nick Drake is one of my alltime favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results