shape
carat
color
clarity

KristyDarling''s 3-stone by Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a striking ring! Even in pictures...
1.gif

Congratulations for the wonderful new setting. It makes quite a sight on your hand. I hope you will let this one get out of the closet very, very often (or.. never get back in the dark box for that matter).

headlight

Ideal_Rock
KD-
My stones are set very low, too -- actually, I think even lower than yours -- and I love it. I know a lot of the ladies here want their stones set higher, but I think it is because it is their first/original e-ring. I was the same when I first got engaged, as I am sure you were, too. But, I see that you have had a few rings and stones at this point, like myself, and I think we all come to find that the lower settings are more "everyday friendly", especially with the kids when they are young and then all their activities as they get older! But, of course, this precludes having a band sit "flush", but neither you nor I are wearing a band w/ our three-stone so the low profile works out well.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one gorgeous ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2006 11:13:46 AM
Author: valeria101

What a striking ring! Even in pictures...
1.gif

Congratulations for the wonderful new setting. It makes quite a sight on your hand. I hope you will let this one get out of the closet very, very often (or.. never get back in the dark box for that matter).
LOL. Thanks Ana.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, 124 posts!!

hee hee

the ring is just amazing!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2006 11:15:53 AM
Author: headlight
KD-

My stones are set very low, too -- actually, I think even lower than yours -- and I love it. I know a lot of the ladies here want their stones set higher, but I think it is because it is their first/original e-ring. I was the same when I first got engaged, as I am sure you were, too. But, I see that you have had a few rings and stones at this point, like myself, and I think we all come to find that the lower settings are more ''everyday friendly'', especially with the kids when they are young and then all their activities as they get older! But, of course, this precludes having a band sit ''flush'', but neither you nor I are wearing a band w/ our three-stone so the low profile works out well.
Hurray for low settings!
1.gif
Isn''t life with a 3-stone grand? I could get used to this.
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly and Dbgaap -- thanks so much. I''m still on a diamond-induced drug high!

I''m so glad we''re not going away for the weekend. More opportunity for me to focus on my left hand.
9.gif
We got a sitter and made plans to go out to dinner tonight with another couple. It will be my first test of courage to see if I''m actually daring enough to wear this thing out with friends. They are a newly engaged couple, he''s 37 and she''s very young (21). She has a beautiful 1 or 1.25 carat solitaire....just a little nervous about wearing my new bling in front of them, but like you''ve all said, I cant'' stay in the closet forever!!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristy, wear that gorgeous ring with pride! You are obviously a lovely person who deserves it and who knows how lucky she is, so don't be embarassed - that is what it is for, especially nice evenings out with Hubby so you just enjoy it! Your warm personality shines through even on here just as much as your diamond, so just focus on that - it is obvious you wear it with grace. I don't mean to sound cheesy but it's true and I want to try to encourage you to wear it and enjoy!

You should see me in my diamonds and wellie boots with straw sticking out of my hair! I bet folk think I am crazy, well I can't dispute it really!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, Lorelei. Thank you so much!
1.gif
I really appreciate that, especially coming from your "crazy" self.
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kristy! I meant every word!
35.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY CRAP!!! Kristy that ring is PHENOMENAL!

Honestly, what''s the point of having/owning something that amazing for it to sit in a box. That gorgeous ring needs to be on display 24/7! It is meant to be loved. Show it off, girl!!! I''m not usually one to go for BIG stones, but I think (too bad for my fiance) your set has begun to make me reconsider!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
just imagine a chorus of voices chanting, "go, kristy, go!"
"you can do it!"

I know, I know... it is hard! But you can DO IT!!

Spongy

Rough_Rock
KirstyDarling, your ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

You''re so lucky!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
THAT is a SPECTACULAR RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it! So classic. So beautiful. So elegant!

Congrats! It is gorgeous.
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wear it and be proud...

i know i am experiencing the same thing kind of so i have to listen to my own advice too...aka as my upgrade gets closer, greg has been telling more people about it because he is getting really excited, and it makes me feel so nervous. like last nite he went out for drinks with the boys and i went to meet him for dinner in palo alto and one of the guys is all so greg tells us you are upgrading again, and i was like UGH i wish he wouldn't tell everyone!!! the guys were great about it (even though i know one guy who is a total affirmed bachelor is probably thinking 'see thats why i wont get married') and one of them is getting engaged soon so we were talking about diamonds....but i just feel so awkward talking about it. the one who is the affirmed bachelor called it my starter stone and i was like 'gulp its my third'.

and then he also told one of his friend's wives on the phone yesterday...i know them quite well even though they are on the east coast, and they are the nicest couple ever with the three best behaved sweetest children ever, but i was like WHY did you tell her that? this woman has 3 boys and is a simple, stay at home mom, and has a plain white gold wedding band and i just feel like by him telling them that, people HAVE TO wonder 'gosh after only 2 years of marriage, and no kids even yet, this girl is seriously spoiled'.
40.gif

i mean i know to each their own obviously, and we don't have kids yet and spoil ourselves in lots of other ways, aka trips or nice dinners out, because we can and it makes us happy but it IS hard to try to not expect others are judging you based on what you like to buy or do etc.

it's so hard to get past our own kind of issues with this kind of stuff, esp knowing how those around us are or are not, but i firmly believe in wearing what you get and what you LOVE and doing what makes you happy, so even though i am sure once i get my bigger J it will feel weird to wear it around and i will feel all nervous and like i haven't 'earned it' necessarily yet, BUT i just have to do it and get over it and that's it!! and that means so do you girl!!
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlet, DB, Spongy, Julian -- thank you for all the kind words. :)

Mara -- it''s always comforting to know that I''m not the only one that feels awkward about my big ring! You''re right though, we WILL get used to them and so will our friends/family. I guess only time will fade the initial strong feelings, opinions, and judgements that we''re bound to get. I figure that as long as the people in my life know that I''m a nice person and that I am sincere and give back to those around me, then all will turn out fine in the end.
1.gif

You all will be so proud. When I told my friends that I was going to stick around town after all, they invited me out to brunch and guess what? I WORE MY RING TO BRUNCH WITH THE GIRLS!! And guess what? They didn''t even notice it!
3.gif
Phew! (thank GOD!!!) So, I managed to sidestep any chitchat about the ring, but I still deserve points for mustering up the courage to wear it in front of them, right?
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 5:07:23 PM
Author: KristyDarling

I WORE MY RING TO BRUNCH WITH THE GIRLS!! And guess what? They didn''t even notice it!
3.gif
Phew! (thank GOD!!!) So, I managed to sidestep any chitchat about the ring, but I still deserve points for mustering up the courage to wear it in front of them, right?
9.gif

Oh my, how in the world could they not notice it
6.gif
..i guess it shows that not everyone is ring stalkers like us
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good girl, now keep it up!!!
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s breathtakingly gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I keep coming back to look at this ring!!! I love it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful. I love your ring, wear it in health and happiness. I love the prongs on the larger rock.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done Kristy!
36.gif
36.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yea! I am so glad you wore your ring to brunch!

Mara, thanks for telling us that even you have the occasional twinge (you are a good role model as a confident modern woman!)

You know, I used to look at women with nice jewelry and get a little jealous.
Now, when I see nice jewelry, I just go, "ooooooh, pretty!!!
I can look at diamondfan''s ring and feel nothing but pleasure & enjoyment.
I think that knowing I used to get jealous makes me leery of flashing anything to anyone else who might get jealous.

But then we come back to the whole point, which is "don''t worry about what other people think!"
I have pretty successfully overcome my tenmdency to be jealous of other people and THAT is WORTH a LOT!
So, why muck it up with worry that someone else is thinking something negative??
Let''s just hope they also find a way to overcome their negative tendencies.

Frankly, I am happier when I simply admire and enjoy other peoples'' nice things.
I hope they can get happier, too, but it''s UP TO THEM to figure out how to do that.

One final thought: I don''t give a rats ass about whether anyone else "deserves it" or is "spoiled".
Life can be very hard on all of us, any time, unexpectedly.
Just living and dealing with the difficulties that may have occurred - or MAY YET OCCUR, is your ticket to guilt-free enjoyment of the things that make you happy.

I refer to the touching stories of people like solange and sevensone and we know there are a lot of us out here with our own stories.

OK- I''m stepping down of the soapbox!
24.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, well said! And, I will post some of my stuff when I get the camera going! (sorry to thread jack Kristy!!!!)

I second what Mara and Lorelei said. You have quickly become one of my favorite people here, because of your warmth and sincerity. I am sure that this ring will bring you lots of happiness when you look at it. Just know that when people really love you, they want you to have what makes you happy. Blessedly, your dh can afford it and wants you to have it. I know it is hard to keep your cool about it but do not let people rattle you. There will always be someone who is jealous in life, that is the sad truth. So just wear it in the best of health and ignore anyone who is tring to rain on your parade!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 9:41:45 AM
Author: dbgaap
Yea! I am so glad you wore your ring to brunch!

Mara, thanks for telling us that even you have the occasional twinge (you are a good role model as a confident modern woman!)

You know, I used to look at women with nice jewelry and get a little jealous.
Now, when I see nice jewelry, I just go, ''ooooooh, pretty!!!
I can look at diamondfan''s ring and feel nothing but pleasure & enjoyment.
I think that knowing I used to get jealous makes me leery of flashing anything to anyone else who might get jealous.

But then we come back to the whole point, which is ''don''t worry about what other people think!''
I have pretty successfully overcome my tenmdency to be jealous of other people and THAT is WORTH a LOT!
So, why muck it up with worry that someone else is thinking something negative??

Frankly, I am happier when I simply admire and enjoy other peoples'' nice things.
I hope they can get happier, too, but it''s UP TO THEM to figure out how to do that.

One final thought: I don''t give a rats ass about whether anyone else ''deserves it'' or is ''spoiled''.
Just living and dealing with the difficulties that may have occurred - or MAY YET OCCUR, is your ticket to guilt-free enjoyment of the things that make you happy.

I refer to the touching stories of people like solange and sevensone and we know there are a lot of us out here with our own stories.

24.gif

I agree! What is wrong with being "spoiled" with love or some goodies, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE YOUR PRIORTIES in the right place! Life IS tough, and there is so much sad stuff. I personally have been so touched and impressed by some of stories and amazing people here. If a little bling makes us happy, more power to us! Kristy, baby steps!!! I am sooo proud that you did it. And maybe, they did notice, but were being low key about it so as not to put you on the spot?! (just playing devil''s advocate here!!) ENJOY IT. That is all that matters.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 5:07:23 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Scarlet, DB, Spongy, Julian -- thank you for all the kind words. :)

Mara -- it''s always comforting to know that I''m not the only one that feels awkward about my big ring! You''re right though, we WILL get used to them and so will our friends/family. I guess only time will fade the initial strong feelings, opinions, and judgements that we''re bound to get. I figure that as long as the people in my life know that I''m a nice person and that I am sincere and give back to those around me, then all will turn out fine in the end.
1.gif

You all will be so proud. When I told my friends that I was going to stick around town after all, they invited me out to brunch and guess what? I WORE MY RING TO BRUNCH WITH THE GIRLS!! And guess what? They didn''t even notice it!
3.gif
9.gif
what? were you at the brunch for the blind??????????
emteeth.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2006 9:41:45 AM
Author: dbgaap

One final thought: I don''t give a rats ass about whether anyone else ''deserves it'' or is ''spoiled''.

24.gif
You should get on that soapbox more often.
1.gif
That was so eloquent and it really hit home with me. Even though I now wear this beauty, I can STILL get jealous sometimes if I see something beautiful on others and that I covet for myself! (regardless of whether the diamond is bigger or smaller than mine.) It''s a petty instinct that I still have yet to conquer. It''s admirable that you were able to. I suppose that''s somethiing that takes time, and lots of introspection.

And yes, life can be unexpectedly hard. My mother, who is still very young, now lives in a nursing home halfway across the globe because she needs 24-hour-care. She has secondary progressive multiple sclerosis and it has completely changed my family''s life. She is the heart and soul of our family but now can''t walk, speak, or go to the bathroom on her own. Every day I''m reminded of how fortunate I''ve been so far, and how unfortunate my mom now is.
8.gif
She''s always on my mind, which makes it even harder to think about being indulged with a ring like this. She''s alone and suffering so much, why should I have this extravagant, luxurious thing? I visit her whenever I can, but with 2 young kids it''s hard to take them to an opposite time zone and subject them to such a difficult trip. But, then I think about what my mom would want for me. She wouldn''t want me to suffer needlessly just because she''s suffering. She''d want me to get on with my life....and being a diamond-lover herself, I''m pretty sure she''d want me to enjoy them. At least, that''s the justification I use for allowing myself to have this ring.

But I guess it does show that while we can, while we''re in good health and while we can afford it, why shouldn''t we do the things that make us happy, even if some of them are admittedly superficial.
9.gif
I guess I''ll have mixed feelings about this ring for awhile, especially whenever I think about my Mom or my friends who are jealous or judgmental, but heck I LOVE looking at it and I''ll be proud to pass it on to my children someday.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondfan, thanks for the thoughtful words.
1.gif
I know I should wear it with pride and enjoyment, and a lot of the time I do. But take last night, for instance, when we went out to dinner with that other couple. The guy kept picking up my hand and turning it in the light and making all sorts of comments about it...mostly positive. But one thing he said bugged me: "This thing is so huge it''s almost gaudy! Jesus!" I know it''s gaudy. I know it''s flashy. It definitely is. But I LOVE looking at it and thinking that it looks like a portal to another dimension or another world...it is that fiery and brilliant and bright and sparkly. That feeling of purse aesthetic enjoyment brings me so much joy! So, I let the comment slide and it only bothered me for those few seconds. Aren''t you proud of me?
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Windowshopper -- you are TOO funny! It was more like "brunch for girls who don't give two craps about diamonds and wouldn't notice mine unless I waved it around in their faces." Which, of course, I didn't.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
well if you had been at the pricescope lunch for diamond obsessed we would ave been passing it around the table each trying it on and getting all sweaty and excited!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results