shape
carat
color
clarity

heirloom: where to buy. Tiffany, Graff, HW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Windowshopper,

Have you thought of looking at Loree Rodkin, Cynthia Bach or Cathy Waterman pieces? I believe these designers make very lovely wide band rings similar to what you''ve posted. You probably can see them at Bergdorf Goodman or maybe Barneys. Just a thought.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2006 3:46:44 PM
Author: widget

. think i found what i am looking for keep you posted
Goody!!! Can''t wait to see!

Slightly OT: I WISH WISH WISH Fred Leighton put up their wares on their website. I almost fainted when I visited their store in Las Vegas! I couldn''t believe their inventory!!!

widget
Ditto to both!!! WS, give us a hint?? Can''t wait to see it
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
welllllllllllllllllll...i went to primavera, stephen russell, and buccellati today.................found my dream ring at Primavera REALLY--BUT it was way too big and way too expensive for having some wear issues..............really wide and dramatic eternity band of emeralds and diamonds calibre cut set in slanted chevron bars. Goodbye. On to Stephen Russell: Three bands: center band is platinum with an eternity design of round diamonds set in squares on the diagonal formed by criss cross lines and the outer spaces have some smaller bead sets tones ($5500) This band would be flanked by two narrow bands of 3 row micro pave with rounded over edges. The three together are very dramaic yet elegant and classic. Separately they are all lovely. I think its to some degree a three part all diamond interpretation of the Tiffany ring. The negatives of the Tiffany ring were that colored stones are a real commitment and it was very dramatic, a little "old" lady for me and very expensive for what it was. This trio from Stephen Russell is a loose version--in that the two micro pave equate to the outer edges of the T & CO ring and the center ring is very detailed and all but it is all white stones and metal (certainly not the same design exactly but still deco). Price of trio is $4000 less than T & co ring...........

widget

Ideal_Rock
OH, MY!!! The Steven Russell trio sounds FABULOUS!!!!!!! I'm really excited for you! Are you going to go for it??? That you can wear them separately or "mix and match" with the outer bands makes it even better!

I gotta say, I know T&Co is expensive, but a $4000 difference in prices between them? I'm shocked!!
23.gif

I'm literally pea green with envy that you can "windowshop" at such fabulous places so easily. What was Buccellati like? I'M SO ENVIOUS!!

Oh, I hope you get the trio....I'm DYING to see them!!!

widget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like you had a fabulous day WS..I agree that the trio sounds wonderful. Do you think you''re going to get it?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2006 9:34:31 PM
Author: widget
OH, MY!!! The Steven Russell trio sounds FABULOUS!!!!!!! I'm really excited for you! Are you going to go for it??? That you can wear them separately or 'mix and match' with the outer bands makes it even better!

I gotta say, I know T&Co is expensive, but a $4000 difference in prices between them? I'm shocked!!
23.gif

I'm literally pea green with envy that you can 'windowshop' at such fabulous places so easily. What was Buccellati like? I'M SO ENVIOUS!!

Oh, I hope you get the trio....I'm DYING to see them!!!

widget
you know i am planning on getting the "trio" but like all good windowshoppers i always think a bit until i know for sure. The flexibility of the three pieces that can serve as one is very appealing...

as for the stores you know its interesting i find most of them fun to look at but generally disappointing and i will tell you why: Buccellati is amazing. The pieces are exquisite but they are really more goldsmiths than anything. Their rings are very uncomfortable with sharp edges ....pretty but more to look at than wear (IMO). Fred Leighton is a veritable wonder IF you are spending $50,000 or more. The eternity bands of which they must have thousands are largely unexceptional except a few various ones like what i showed you all ($15,000 and 6500) and the $30,000 emerald cut eternity bands that look like napkin rings. If you cant afford a $25,000 conch pearl ring there isnt much for mere mortals to buy. Graff, Chatila, HW etc are really just stones (no details, no workmanship --just stones). Quite frankly Stephen Russell is one of the few that marries exceptional and "affordable." To be honest , not much in there is affordable but more so than other places and at least the stones are in fabulous and highly detailed mounting as opposed to a plain jane platinum mounting (at a premium)......

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 9:40:48 AM
Author: Bridget S.
Hey WS,

I faced a similar dilemma and I chose the Tiffany and Co. route. I fell in love with the ring attached and wanted it for my e-ring. I knew it was a lot of money, and thought it was probable that I could have it replicated. One thing that really set me in my tracks was the violation of copyright, sure I could find someone who could rip it off, but that is also how I would have felt wearing it. After all, this ring is not a solitaire, or a simple channel band, the design is quite intricate. I also took into consideration the workmanship, and man! the *colour* of the aquamarine. I have had it for two years in June and I still adore it. I doubt that I would pay Tiffany money for a solitaire, but who can say never?

I saw your post in the other Tiffany thread and you mentioned that the ring you are considering has coloured stones in it? If that is the case, I would DEFINITELY go with the TCO ring, as it would be a hard feat to find such beautiful coloured stones without a great deal of hassle (unless you have a source for fine gems already).

My opinion : )

I wish you well,

Bridget
So this ring is your e-ring? I really like it. Do you have any more photos yo ucan post? Do you have a hand shot? I would love to see it.

I went by T&C today to see it.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i am not quite sure what ring you are referring to? none of these are my e-ring

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I think she was refering to Bridgets post that she had quoted.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
yes but bridget is referring to an eternity band i was considering

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2006 10:54:29 PM
Author: windowshopper

as for the stores..... you know its interesting i find most of them fun to look at but generally disappointing
Thanks, WS.....that make me feel a LITTLE better....not a lot, but a little!
9.gif

widget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 7:37:49 PM

Briget mentioned in the post that allisonfaye quoted that she chose a Tiffany e-ring. the original post is back on page one and she included a picture of what her e-ring looks like, it just didn''t show up when allison quoted. here''s brigets gorgeous Tiffany e-ring that is the one is question.

VICTORIA01.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 11:38:04 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 4/23/2006 7:37:49 PM

Briget mentioned in the post that allisonfaye quoted that she chose a Tiffany e-ring. the original post is back on page one and she included a picture of what her e-ring looks like, it just didn''t show up when allison quoted. here''s brigets gorgeous Tiffany e-ring that is the one is question.

VICTORIA01.jpg
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh--i just wasnt following --yes indeed that ring is superb. the aqua makes the design

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the many compliments. Yes, that ring is my e-ring. It''s thread can be found HERE. I adore it. I think the lines, the workmanship, basically everything about it is just beautiful. As I posted in it''s thread, I was tempted by the all diamond one, but the aquamarine just adds something amazing to it. If I severely damaged the aquamarine, I would replace it with a similar colour. One drawback is that I don''t wear it every day, I am too conscious about damaging it, because I work in a very casual environment (jeans to work every day), and I sometimes have to work in the warehouse sorting out deliveries/ pick-ups which can involved heavy lifting. I will absolutely get around to posting hand shots of it, maybe this week!

I wish you well,

Bridget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite at random, thinking of fancy band rings. This one simply looked inspired and well made:

LINK

I would love a version with fancy cut, fancy color tid bits inserted in the lace work. Haven''t see one like that, but starting with a small collection of not quite over the top colors around 20pts apiece, perhaps something interesting should be perfectly feasible
38.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
bridget

you know i dont think that ring in all diamonds is nearly as pretty............yours is like a different ring. "simply spectacular"

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock

Ana, that ring is spectacular!! Those different shapes, oh my! Thanks for posting it!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 10:04:38 AM
Author: Bridget S.
Thank you for the many compliments. Yes, that ring is my e-ring. It''s thread can be found HERE. I adore it. I think the lines, the workmanship, basically everything about it is just beautiful. As I posted in it''s thread, I was tempted by the all diamond one, but the aquamarine just adds something amazing to it. If I severely damaged the aquamarine, I would replace it with a similar colour. One drawback is that I don''t wear it every day, I am too conscious about damaging it, because I work in a very casual environment (jeans to work every day), and I sometimes have to work in the warehouse sorting out deliveries/ pick-ups which can involved heavy lifting. I will absolutely get around to posting hand shots of it, maybe this week!

I wish you well,

Bridget
Bridget,
Thanks for posting your thread and the shots of the ring. After seeing your other post, I looked for it on the T&C website but couldn''t find it. I guess you already knew about the earrings then. I think they are really pretty. That ring is really pretty. Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much.

Maybe some day, I will get one like it. :)

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
AllisonFaye and any other new pscopers-
Have you seen Windowshopper's ering?
ring%20closeup.jpg

30.gif
Drool worthy is it not?

Scintillating...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 4:11:26 PM
Author: Scintillating
AllisonFaye and any other new pscopers-
Have you seen Windowshopper''s ering?
ring%20closeup.jpg

30.gif
Drool worthy is it not?

Scintillating...
thanks--i dont have the photos anymore--thats a good one

widget

Ideal_Rock
Good Lord, WS.....Your ring is STUNNING! I don''t remember seeing it before!
30.gif

BTW...Ana: I''d kill for a band like the one you posted! I agree, tidbits of brilliant color scattered throughout would make it even better...

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Windowshopper' ... any progress ?

Since this band-ring-studded thread of yours, I kept dreaming all sorts of colorful rings. Would it be at all fun to put one or two on paper between us? If nothing all around perfect turns out ready made.
38.gif
I would call the exercise fun. Hope you might too.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results