shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffany repro settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so I told DS to set my new diamond in their 6 prong Tiffany repro because I am a traditional girl who likes simple and elegant (on me). However, I told her to check her email in the morning in case I change my mind! Lol!

They have some gorgeous settings and I love many of them. But I am going to go with a more simple, classic look so that I don't completely lose my mind trying to decide! Anyway, I want to post the two I am thinking about. I originally dismissed the one with tapered baguettes because I wasn't sure what kind of diamond band would look right with it. But maybe there are pictures around here with a band that might help me reconsider. Please let me know any thoughts you have about pros and cons of these two settings (aside from being unoriginal and plain!).

1A3-1_DS_tif.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the other one.

Maybe not. I'll try again.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, very nice. Where are these from?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
they are not unoriginal and plain! they are classic and elegant!! i too thought about the baguettes, but opted for just a 6 prong buttercup head from WF. i didn''t go with the exact tiffany replica because i don''t think it sits flush with a wedding band. what worked for us is a soft knife-edge band with the head peg set so that the band can be flush. here is my thread for reference.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thanks Matatora. They are from Dimend Scaasi.

Jcrow, you won''t be surprised that I like your rings a lot! Can you tell me the size of your eternity ring diamonds and total weight? Also, what size is your e-ring diamond just so I understand the proportions, if you don''t mind.

As a matter of fact, DS also makes their tiffanys to allow a wedding band to sit flush. This one is not an exact replica either as it has a rounded shank as opposed to knife edge. I have deliberated about that, too, of course. But I think I am going to stick with his design as is rather than change it to knife edge. But they will make it any way you want.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should add that I absolutely love Matatora''s new setting! But I ended up opting to buy the diamond and setting from the same place to make my life a little easier!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 12:17:38 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I should add that I absolutely love Matatora''s new setting! But I ended up opting to buy the diamond and setting from the same place to make my life a little easier!
You can buy diamonds from Lockes as well...their stones were stunning!!! I don''t know what your budget is or what sort size you were looking for but the gentleman I worked with Darrin Plesh was an absolute delight. You might try giving them a call and speaking with him to see what they can do for you.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
You got your stone from dscaasi right? Because I actually tried to purchase that Tiffany setting from them to have WF set it for me, but they told me the didn''t sell the settings separately from the stones, which was a big bummer.

After considering all the costs, I ended up going with a local jeweler to custom-make my setting, which is very similar to the dscaasi tiffany, the one that sits flush w/ a plain band. I think it''s the IA-3? I''m not sure, and I''m too lazy to look it up right now, as I''m about to go to bed, he he he.

Anyway, I just wanted to agree with how much I like the dscaasi settings, and if it weren''t for that policy, I would have purchased mine from them. And yes, it''s made to sit flush w/ the band(echo anyone?).

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
here''s a pic of that setting I was talking about...I think it''s gorgeous

dimendscassi_6prong_tiff.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love both of those settings your posted- guess it just depends what kind of look you are going for. I happen to be a bigger fan of the solitaire (like Matatora or J Crow''s) with the eternity w-band, but that is just my opinion...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Kaleigh...we were posting at the same time! I''ve been staying up too late working on this project! Overslept this morning, too!
6.gif

Lil_jay, that is the other picture of the same setting I showed first. I do love it and look forward to seeing how yours turns out as well!

I think I will just stay with the solitaire. I had thought about the baguette sides or pear sides like Kaleigh''s, but I wasn''t sure about the bands with either of those. So going with the plain solitaire will give me the flexibility of even having more than one band, if I want! I know we have talked about wishing we could have interchangeable e-ring settings on here, but in reality, we can have more than one band! And I know Kaleigh does, for one!

Dimend Scaasi has such great settings, that it is hard to settle on one. Maybe I should have an alternate set when I need a more pave/antique look! (My husband would be rolling his eyes at that one!)

Y''all will be the first to know when it comes!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love that solitaire you posted! It is very sophisticated and elegant. As you've stated you can use different bands to add drama and mix it up a bit. Can't wait to see your finished ring!!!

Spongy

Rough_Rock
I like the second ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love them both, but I just left the order as is (the solitaire). I looked on the site in my spare moments today, and also they have a halo setting that I love (but I''d put an asscher in that), and I''d also like a round with side pears, too. They have some gorgeous settings with pave, too. I could have deliberated forever, but I didn''t want to delay seeing the diamond any longer than necessary! I guess I am just choosing to make the diamond the highlight and not the setting, although I think the DS tiffany setting is really beautiful. I''m already starting to read up on eternity rings, so that will be my next thing to work on! I''ll have to try some on after this ring comes, though, because I am really clueless as to what size to order.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results