shape
carat
color
clarity

any pics of princess in this setting? opinions pls ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

f4fred

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have finally chosen my perfect diamond for my sweetheart - infinity princess 1.3c F VS2 and am trying to sort through the different setting options. I was wondering whether anyone has any experience or hand shots/pics of either of these:
- vatche royal crown (although for princess)
921-b.gif

this seems a little too high but not sure

- vatche royal empress
527-a.jpg

i can''t find pics of this one anywhere!

I''m also think that I like the v-tip finish better. any thoughts/pics?

any thoughts for/against? e.g. how easy will it be to get a wedding band flush to the ring? The head looks a little unusual - do you ladies like it?

thanks everyone!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Err, I''ve never seen a princess in a six-prong.

f4fred

Rough_Rock
No, no... I meant the same style with a four prong princess head, not a six prong!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
fred,

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the theme around here as of late is... MAKE SURE SHE LIKES IT! It doesn''t matter how much you love it if she isn''t a big fan... although I''m sure she will be excited to receive a diamond ring from the man she loves, many hopes and dreams and personal preferences are riding on this VERY IMPORTANT jewelry purchase. Choose carefully. Have you gone "window shopping" together to see what she likes?

You might want to check out a thread started by selma, called something like "unusal ering need advice please"... it details the trials and tribulations of a newly engaged woman who loves her FI but isn''t exactly crazy about her ring. Would you really want to put your lady through this?

Good luck!

f4fred

Rough_Rock
Oh how I wish she would do that! She pushed me towards princess over round but has made it very clear that she doesn''t want to be involved!!! My life would be SOOOOO much easier if she had. So, instead, I am trying to decide. She doesn''t wear much jewelry, in fact no earing and very rarely rings. She, I believe, would prefer something simple and elegant rather than flashy or super-bling. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine!!!
32.gif

Thanks for your suggestion though!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2006 10:01:02 PM
Author: f4fred
No, no... I meant the same style with a four prong princess head, not a six prong!
783-a.jpg

This one? The Royal X-prong, I like it. Tiffany-esque designs can't be wrong. Classic, with a modern flair. The cathedral tapers, like the Royal Crown.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I wish that you could get a little more guidance from her. I think it is very important that she try on different styles. I was set on the Vatche x prong and told my fiance that that was the one. He encouraged me to go try it on just to be sure. Boy was I glad that I did. Like your fiance, I wear very little jewelry and tend to be drawn toward more simple jewelry designs/settings. Which is exactly why I didn''t like the x prong. The shank was so thick that on my hands it looked anything but simple. In fact it looked bulky and substantial. This is why I think that it is important that you encourage her to have a little more involvement. In the end, everything could still be a surprise- my fiance had my ring designed (with significant input beforehand from me), but at one point he cut me out of the process and there were some touches to the ring that were all his idea. It was a wonderful surprise still.

f4fred

Rough_Rock
Well, maybe I will try and ask her one more time! KY6 (and others), given it sounds like you and my girlfriend have similar thoughts, please could you comment on the Empress setting posted above.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally am not a fan of the empress setting. I don't like the little point in the gallery. I do love the Royal crown. Ritani actually makes one of my favorite settings for a princess and all of their settings are designed for a wedding band to sit flush.

06QQ13.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do wish all of these setting companies would stop using yucky CZs in their pictures.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 10:38:43 PM
Author: AntiguaBride
fred,

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the theme around here as of late is... MAKE SURE SHE LIKES IT! It doesn''t matter how much you love it if she isn''t a big fan... although I''m sure she will be excited to receive a diamond ring from the man she loves, many hopes and dreams and personal preferences are riding on this VERY IMPORTANT jewelry purchase. Choose carefully. Have you gone ''window shopping'' together to see what she likes?

You might want to check out a thread started by selma, called something like ''unusal ering need advice please''... it details the trials and tribulations of a newly engaged woman who loves her FI but isn''t exactly crazy about her ring. Would you really want to put your lady through this?

Good luck!
This is funny you mention this, because I was talking to a classmate today and she was shocked to learn that girls tell their men what they like let alone want!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
She said it is supposed to be all up to him etc etc and was amazed when I told her the new trend was to let the girl pick out the ring and let him make the surprise the proposal. So I guess there is a place for everyone.

f4fred: To my knowledge (which is very limited on here) you cannot put a square cur diamond in a 6 prong setting, it just wont work. 8 prongs maybe but I would think that is gonna look kinda weird. The next best is to go with the x-prong also known as a trellis setting as posted above. This is a very classic look and something I think would be hard to go wrong with. Good luck!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 10:53:20 PM
Author: ky6
I wish that you could get a little more guidance from her. I think it is very important that she try on different styles. I was set on the Vatche x prong and told my fiance that that was the one. He encouraged me to go try it on just to be sure. Boy was I glad that I did. Like your fiance, I wear very little jewelry and tend to be drawn toward more simple jewelry designs/settings. Which is exactly why I didn''t like the x prong. The shank was so thick that on my hands it looked anything but simple. In fact it looked bulky and substantial. This is why I think that it is important that you encourage her to have a little more involvement. In the end, everything could still be a surprise- my fiance had my ring designed (with significant input beforehand from me), but at one point he cut me out of the process and there were some touches to the ring that were all his idea. It was a wonderful surprise still.
I have the Royal X prong - it doesn''t look as heavy as the x prong because it combines the shank of the Royal Crown with the x prong. It looks simple and not bulky at all with my 3/4 ct round, sz. 6 finger. And it''s very comfortable! Vatche makes the setting for a princess cut.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2006 10:01:02 PM
Author: f4fred

I don''t think Vatche has a four prong version of the ''Crown'' (how would that look like ?... not sure if it would be very similar anyway).

THIS looks like the closest thing to me (because of the way the wires of the prongs crosss and leave loops between them - similar with how the crown on the six-prong Vatche ring is made)

Wprongstash.JPG

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.dvatche.com/eclipse/new_catalouge.htm

Go to solitaires - there''s a picture of Royal X prong with channel set princess side stones and a 1 ct. princess stone - very pretty.
30.gif
Vatche probably makes it without the side stones, too.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice find tulip..

539-b.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I noticed some of us are posting pics with other diamonds. But as I am sure you probably know you can get the same ring without all the added diamonds. All the ones I am about to put up are found at www.dvatche.com. I list them with the title of the ring and the pic title is the product number on the site. Hope it helps some!

Double U Prongs With Square Center and Square Channel

338-a.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
This shows the slight curve inm the wedding band to make it sit flush with the ering.

Matching Band for the Round and Princess X Prong

wedding set 802-m-b.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo -

on vatche''s website, just below the ring you posted, there is a Royal X prong for princess cut with channel set stones. I don''t know how to post pictures, but I think the Royal X prong is closer to what he was looking for with the tapered band. Can you post that one too?
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 12:50:43 PM
Author: tulip928
mrssalvo -

on vatche''s website, just below the ring you posted, there is a Royal X prong for princess cut with channel set stones. I don''t know how to post pictures, but I think the Royal X prong is closer to what he was looking for with the tapered band. Can you post that one too?
1.gif

this one?

240-a.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 10:14:06 AM
Author: ilovesparkles
This shows the slight curve inm the wedding band to make it sit flush with the ering.

Matching Band for the Round and Princess X Prong
I have this exact set with a 1 ct round. I don't find it too bulky at all. I chose it myself after some problems with my original setting. I am 5'8 and not petite. I have long thin fingers and wear ring size 6. I found the ring to be perfectly proportioned for me. It is exactly what i had envisioned for myself. Previously I did have a tiffany style very thin band and it really made my stone pop, and also flattered my hand, but it didn't feel nearly as substantial as the X prong does. I love it and think it would be delightful for a princess. I tried on both the x prong and the royal x prong and I preferred the classic - something about the taper of the royal x prong seemed distracting when looking at it straight on. I prefer the regular x prong for being consistent and fluid. I also really like the royal empress, but do they make it for princess? I wish I could have seen it in person. I love the design.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results