shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of wedding band do you see with this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I don''t want to post my pics twice, but here is the link to my previous thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/same-ring-new-stone.44020/

We''re picking out wedding bands soon, and I am really confused about what would look best! I don''t want a plain gold band...and I''ll probably want similar engraving on the side of the ring.

What do you guys think?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring and it almost seems like a shame to cover up that beautiful side view! With that being said, does the designer/manufacturer make a matching band?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
How about a channel set diamond band or shared prong? Can''t help it but I love diamond wedding bands!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, not. The ring was made by my jeweler, and he didn''t make a matching band....silly! He said that he could create something for me, but I would really like to see what it would look like before commiting to it. I agree that it would be sad to cover the side, so I''m thinking it will be best to go with something that is either low, or sporting the same side-design as my ring. Maybe something like this with the extra design on the side? Or should I go with diamonds that are not restricted by a channel setting?

band1.jpg

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Oh, what is a shared prong?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my current e-ring with a shared prong.. You can also see them at signed pieces. I absolutely love diamond bands when they have smaller diamonds. I think they make for super sparkly fingers.

Shared Prong Linky

Current e-ring:
rinpic1.jpg

Another pic I like:
1098.jpg

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
ooo! i like both of those a lot! it looks like there would be no room for design on the side, though. so i guess it''s either shared prongs that sit very low and don''t cover the design of my ring, or a channel set ring with the same design on the side. decisions, decisions!! it looks like the stones in both of those pics are much bigger than mine, so i''d have to look for very small diamonds in the band i think, so as not to distract too much?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Yep, your right those are a little bigger but at least you can see that the smaller diamond bands don''t distract from the real attention getter which is your 3 stone ring. I have a half shared prong about 1 ct I believe & it is not the full eternity. My pear is about a 1.7ct center but it just looks larger. My finger really never felt comfortable with the diamonds going all the way around. But, that''s just a matter of personal taste & finger comfort.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with a thin shared prong eternity band, check out www.thefacetscollection.com I have 3 from them. The one in my avatar is the size I am talking about. It has a low profile and would look great with your ring.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh, I noticed your band, and I really liked it! Thanks so much for the web link!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d double check and make sure a shared prong band won''t damage the stones and design on the sides of your setting if you decide to go that route.

I''d probably have a matching band made but I''m a matchy gal when it comes to those types of settings.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
oh this is a great site too, ilovesparkles! i''m checking it out right now!

chickflick

Shiny_Rock

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
How about a shared-prong band with rb''s and engraving along it, to match your e-ring? I think the rb''s shouldn'' t be very big, so as to not take away from your ering but I of course am biased.. I like diamond bands, and to me, it completes the set!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 12:12:55 AM
Author: LoveMeDo
oh this is a great site too, ilovesparkles! i''m checking it out right now!
I''m glad you like it. Don''t know if you read the about us part. But they are a father/son run business. And their whole deal is to offer the amazing quality you find at a custom shop for the big mallstore prices. It is in my city and my mom and I visited a couple weeks back. We were SO impressed! Right up front we told Brian we were not buying right now just came to look blablabla. He only left our side twice to answer his phone. Let us try on all these rings ask questions, discuss certain things and made sure we got everything we came for. It was an amazing experience and they do all there own work. I think it is the eleganze that has a shank closer to yours than the link I posted earlier. It can be made as just a wb of course. I would also think you could have them make a completely matching band from your ering. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results