shape
carat
color
clarity

High Quality Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone,

Last night I purchased a duvet and pillow shams from the Pottery Barn "grand" collection. I didn''t want to get the sheets that went with it so that it wouldn''t be too matchy matchy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for super soft, long lasting sheets? I would love high quality sheets that I know would last. I felt Restoration Hardware''s paradigm sheets tonight and for the money, I was not overly impressed. I''m also not swayed by much of Overstock.com''s stuff, as it claims to be 1000 TC but we all know it''s double or triple ply.

So any great suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Frontgate has some wonderful 1,020 thread count sheets.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have to say i have been REALLY happy with the sheets i''ve gotten from overstock, we own three pairs from various purchases and with every washing they become softer and they are only 400 and 600 thread count. i haven''t bought the 800 or 1000 or 1200 but honestly i don''t feel like it''s necessary because we''ve been so happy with these. just my experience.

i also haven''t been happy at all with PB sheets in the past, they are like sandpaper to me...i guess maybe they have higher thread count ones but i was really not impressed. do you have a bed bath and beyond near you?? they have various thread count sheet sets there and many of them are super soft, they typically have a pillowcase out so that you can feel it and i know they have higher thread counts too.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hum, didn't care for the restoration ones? dang. that's what i was going to register for. i've heard such hoopla about them...

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
They felt fine, I just felt I could find that softness for cheaper -- I just didn''t want to pay the money for them. But if I were registering for them and wasn''t paying, why not?
2.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice Mara. I will go check out Bed, Bath, and Beyond -- I know there is one somewhere around here! Thanks for the warning about the PB sheets too, because I was leaning towards just getting a solid from them.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
BBB sells these beech sateen sheets. they feel like heaven. and they aren''t really pricey.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I registered for the Hotel brand sheets at BBB. They feel SOOOO soft.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 10:32:14 PM
Author: Sundial
30.gif
Love Frontgate. Last night I was trying to convince DH we NEEDED the $1200 sheets as a joke.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
cuddledown has italian linen sheets that last longer than cotton.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 4:28:08 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 4/12/2006 10:32:14 PM
Author: Sundial
30.gif
Love Frontgate. Last night I was trying to convince DH we NEEDED the $1200 sheets as a joke.
I don''t think we paid quite that much for ours (they do have sales from time to time), but they were certainly a splurge. The fabric is so thick and luxurious, I love them!!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Do not forget to check out TJ MAX or Marshalls.. I got my 800TC for 29.99 at TJ MAX a few years ago.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love the ones I got from Overstock...the trick is to read the comments, and get the ones that have all 5 stars! And, you can get extra 7-10% off by going to meanbargains.com and taking the link to Overstock from there!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i just ordered some from overstock...should be here next week. will let ya know what i think
5.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I buy so many sheets from home goods. They are so cheap and you don''t have to put so much thought into it...I actually stopped buying 400, 600+ thread count sheets..they (at least the ones I''vepurchased in the past) have a sheen to them and they get so wrinkled. I am almost shamed to admit it...but JC Penny has a 300 (i think) in the most fab shade of light blue and beige and I love them! I like a lower count ...they feel very "cool"to me in the summer..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results