shape
carat
color
clarity

Divergrrl restyles her ring....part deux!!! Wax images to preview!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness gracious, you and your son are just amazingly gorgeous.

I can''t wait to see hand shots with your ring! It''s going to be a SERIOUSLY big statement.
I think it''s also going to be lovely. Eye-catching!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your new setting will be awsome!!! Almost as awsome as that beautiful baby of yours.
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
So, I get a call Saturday at 11am from ABC Jewelry that my ring is done!! GASP!! And we couldn''t rush down there because I had to take DH to the airport, baby was napping, so I planned on buzzing past there after I dropped DH at the airport (they are downtown in the city, and I live in the other direction from our airport so it was a long drive) and I forgot my freaking wallet to pay for it with! (got all the way downtown...went to plug hte meter, no wallet!) It''s now 2pm, and they close at 3...so I figure there''s no way I can get down there & get back home in order to get ready for a charity auction I went to that night...BUMMER! That would have been an awesome time to debut my "rock".

Even more bumming...I called ABC to let them know I couldn''t make it in, and the owner said, we''ll if you''re still downtown, you can just take the ring & mail me a check! OMG! How nice would that have been? But alas, I was already home.

So....first thing tomorrow morning, babycakes and I are going to head downtown to go get my ring......I should be able to post pics around lunchtime PST...so stay tuned!!!!

SO EXCITED & Nervous!! Custom work scares me...what if its nothing like the wax? I mean I don''t want it to stay green...LOL...but I''m so so so nervous.

Wish me luck!

Jeannine

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DG I''m sure it will be fab, post pictures as soon as you can!!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Divergrrl--I just read your post...I am in the Portland area--also had my rings custom made at ABC, as have several of my family members/friends--Hossein is the greatest! I make a trip into the store once a month or so just to drool over the sparklies!! I can''t wait to see how your ring turns out!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
More pics! I found a better setting on my camera & hubby got me some flowers for easter, so here''s the shots!

trying out photobucket again..bear with me..

P4060017.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
A little blurry, but you get a side view of my "brushed" metal band...

P4060018.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
more flower shots

P4060016.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
side view--- hand shot

P4060024.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
another point of view....

P4060023.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
last shot...

P4060022.jpg

Its been one week and I still love my ring...more than I can say from my last settings...LOL..

I do have to tweak two things. I had it sized up another quarter size last week. It got mildly warm here (68 degrees farenheit) and my hand swelled up & it hurt & made my finger ITCH! So its loose when its cold, but not so loose it slides off or slides all the way around. When I had it sized up, he didn''t quite polish the cut out, so I have to have him fix that when I pick up my RHR I had resized.
Also, in my old setting, the metal trapped dirt & water against a facet, creating a "dark" spot when it got dirty. This one is doing it too. If I want to clean it with my ultrasound daily & then use an air cleaner to dry it, I can keep it at bay...but its a pain in the butt. In my old setting I had them make the hole under my diamond bigger, and voila! No dirt trap. But I don''t think I can do it on this one. GRRR. I''ll ask though. Gosh I feel like a pain in the butt!

Jeannine

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
You ring is amazing!
30.gif
Thanks for all the great pics. I love how the halo shimmers around the center stone.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, and just a few more pics....forgive me, but I finally got my camera working close up...well sort of...but its an IMPROVEMENT. lol..

P4060025.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
P4060026.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
P4060027.jpg

Ok..done with the madness!

Jeannine

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful handshots, diver!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DG
35.gif

beautiful ring!!!
10.gif
beautiful shots.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results