shape
carat
color
clarity

Mystery Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I received my first mystery gift. An all-clad 10 inch stainless steel fy pan. All I know is that it came from Dillards in Houston without a packing slip, the registry doesn''t have the name and I called the 1-800 number. The lady said it was purchased with cash.

Some person is going be mad for months that I didn''t send them a thank you note, but how can I if they didn''t put a note with their name. I''m keeping track of who gave what, so hopefully I''ll be able to eventually figure it out through process of elimination.

Has anyone else had this happen?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, that sucks. I'm surprised Dillard's didn't find out the person's name so they could update your registry list. Very strange. I just bought a gift at Bloomingdale's for my friend's shower and even though I paid with a credit card, they made sure to ask me my name again so it would appear on her list. Definitely keep a running spreadsheet of who gave what but that may not give you your answer because it may be from someone who wasn't invited to the wedding, like a business associate or a family acquaintance. Very mysterious indeed!!!

ETA I had one gift that came with no information and then the next day, I got another box of stuff and in it was a packing list that included the contents of the first gift (and a card). So maybe there is more coming? Just a thought...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
The lady at Dillards said people don''t put names all the time, even if they are asked. Very odd. Hopefully I''ll find out soon.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
That is so frustrating!!! Last week we rec''d a large package from Dillard''s containing all of the glassware sets that we''d registered for along with a packing slip, but no note of any kind. I checked the website and thankfully there was a name - it was ordered from the internet so they had to use a cc, but I guess there is no opportunity for the gift giver to include a note with Dillard''s Direct?

That doesn''t solve your problem since it must have been purchased and paid for in person... Maybe you can tell some of your friends and your mom - like if your mom happens to be talking to someone and they ask about the wedding she could say that planning is coming along great, you''re really excited... "and Appletini received this wonderful All-Clad stainless steel frying pan, such a thoughtful and generous gift, but there was no card or indication as to whom it is from and she''s just beside herself not knowing who to thank!" Anyhow, you know how moms talk... but you get the picture. I don''t know what else there is to do other than circulate the word - kinda like you do with the registry itself.

Our Dillard''s registry has been somewhat of a pain... I''ve also noticed that someone has ordered all of our dinnerware place settings - I knew it was one person/purchase since all pieces were out of the "still needs" column in one day - but there''s no name on the purchase report... Later, I find out it was FMIL that bought these items, but I know she did it on the internet so why isn''t it on the purchase report? Then, on Friday I get cards from Dillard''s saying that 12 salad plates, 12 soup bowls, and 6 mugs have been purchased for us by FMIL, will be delivered in 6-8 weeks (uh, our wedding is in 6 weeks, out of town, and the following week we will be on our honeymoon... so that''s convenient) but makes no mention of the 12 dinner plates she also purchased?????

I give up...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We lucked out and only had one present not have an owner. It was from a small store in my hometown though and had been engraved, so there was a ticket with the persons name on it! I would get family and friends to kinda ask around, also people will ask if you got their gift when they dont hear from you...

Teebee - Can you get a neighbor to watch out for the boxes? Below is what we came home to the day after our wedding! Luckily it didnt rain AND we came home and didnt run off on our honeymoon right away... the boxes sat out there for 2 days though!

boxes_njc.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thats one thing I don''t have to worry about, I set up all of my registries to ship to my grandma''s house and it makes her feel like she''s doing something.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
njc- what a great pic!! Thank goodness that the boxes didn''t grow feet and "walked off!"

appletini- how frustrating! Hopefully you''ll be able to figure it out.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I know! Neighbors on either side of us had just bought and hadnt moved in yet, so we are VERY lucky nothing happened!

My mom wanted me to have everything sent to her house, but thats over an hour away and it would have taken multiple trips to get everything home in our cars! I wish i had matching pictures of what our cars looked like with the gifts we got at the wedding... they were packed floor to ceiling.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 12:55:38 PM
Author: njc
We lucked out and only had one present not have an owner. It was from a small store in my hometown though and had been engraved, so there was a ticket with the persons name on it! I would get family and friends to kinda ask around, also people will ask if you got their gift when they dont hear from you...

Teebee - Can you get a neighbor to watch out for the boxes? Below is what we came home to the day after our wedding! Luckily it didnt rain AND we came home and didnt run off on our honeymoon right away... the boxes sat out there for 2 days though!
Yea, we''ve got some good neighbors that will keep a look out - plus we also have an amazing private security company that will check our mail, pick up packages, check windows/doors, and water our plants while we are away if necessary so I think our packages will be safe if they arrive while we''re gone.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh no... I didn''t even realize that sort of thing could happen. how are you planning to sleuth your way to the bottom of that one so you can send the thank you?!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is SO strange! huh, that happened at our engagement party. No card or name tag. So I am sure someone is mad at us too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results