shape
carat
color
clarity

my mom/dad''s proposal story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sebrunn

Rough_Rock
My mom and dad laugh about this. i hope this doesn''t offend anyone.

My dad and his best friend went to look for a diamond ring for my mom. He only had 800 dollars in his pocket and decided to spend it all on my mom''s ring (awww). He bought a 1 ct. I don''t know the stats at all on this ring. But, my dad took my mom back to his apartment after dinner to drink champagne and decided to put the ring in the class of champagne. My mom started drinking the glass and realized the ring was at the bottom. She took it out, my dad asked her to marry him, and then he put on the ring. Then he told my mom, "I hope you don''t mind there is a big visible black mark in the diamond." She noticed the scratch in it- very visible to the eye. But she wore it. My dad even told her he would exchange it, but my mom felt bad and wore it for 5 years til she got an upgrade.

I think its sweet.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
You know - this really made me think a little...clarity grading has really given diamonds a bad rap - normally when nature forms anything it''s beautiful - These days specs and dots are taken as evil little specs that are judged with a magnifying glass...it''s funny! I wonder what God or the creator of nature would think of all this fussing about clarity grading? ha ha ha! ....just a thought....It''s way past my bed time!!!!

I''m just like everyone else...I also want a eye-clean diamond - I''m such a snob! Te-hee!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results