shape
carat
color
clarity

1/3 carat t.w. quality questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shawnocean

Rough_Rock
Hi!,

I have been lurking here for a week or so and have enjoyed these forums very much. Everyone here is very enthusiastic and all the posts are very detailed and well thought out. I also had a good time reading a thread from someone who worked at the shane company going back and forth with everyone, very funny stuff.

Anyhow, my wife is turning 30 at the end of may and has hinted at some diamond earrings, looking at the fake ones she has now I have pretty much settled on 1/3 carat t.w. princess cut white gold studs. The 1/4 seemed pretty small and the 1/2 is a bit of a jump price wise for me now and she has a 1/3 carat ering if that matters and she''s smaller with smaller ears. From reading the posts about earrings I garnered that with earrings si1 - i1 clarity g - j color are a good balance between price and quality. And I''ve read lots here about cut being probably the most important, so I am hoping you all can let me know if I am on the right track and check out these two sets I am considering, or offer others for everyday wear.

The cut quality for princess cut has been hard for me to compare from one website or store to another but the first one here is rated, by them, very good cut with si2 g-i, and the second is rated excellent cut but maybe with excess quality (if there is such a thing :) ) VS2 g-h, for a 100 dollar difference.

http://www.diamondstudsonly.com/detail.cfm?sku=33PR_G-I_SI2_WG4PFB

http://www.diamondstudsonly.com/detail.cfm?sku=33PR_G-H_VS2_WG4PFB

Oh, one other thing, do you all hear a lot about allergies to nickel in white gold or is that pretty rare?
Thanks for your help!
Shawn

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome shawn
35.gif
. You might try posting this in Rocky Talky where more people will see it. I''m no expert on pricess cuts and have know idea what specs to be concerned about in princess earrings, so I can''t help you there. But if you post over in RT i''m sure you''ll get some responses
1.gif

shawnocean

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks, will do :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results