shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Help -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Me

Rough_Rock
I'm ready to take the next step and propose to my longtime girlfriend (she's been ready for a while, heh) This Vatche has really caught my eye and am hoping someone might be able to give me more info on it, if possible. A picture can be seen below. Actually the whole Vatche line looks great.

It can be found at www.dvatche.com -> catalogue -> Platinum Matching Sets

The decription for it and it's band are:
754 - Plat X double prongs PR Ctr 1.00ct
218 - Plat PR Channel Band .39ctw

Now my questions are:

Is this pave or are those channels on the ring? Also, does anyone know if it's available in 18k white gold? If so, how much would that ring cost...approximately? If it doesn't come in white gold, how much does it go for in platinum? Also, if someone actually has this ring or knows where it sells online, I would looove to see some more pics of it.

218-a.jpg

-----------------------------

Just an FYI of my situation:
I'm thinking of a budget of between $5000-7000 for the ring and diamond. The diamond would be a princess around the 1ct mark.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good old Gold

and

Winfield''s both carry the line. I would suggest calling either or both of them. They will be able to answer all your questions
1.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Excuse me first while I wipe the drool away... (that is one of my favorite settings!)

To answer your questions:

Is this pave or are those channels on the ring? Princess channel

Also, does anyone know if it''s available in 18k white gold? I believe Vatche does offer some of their rings in 18K gold but you''d need to contact a jeweler who carried the Vatche line.

If so, how much would that ring cost...approximately? I believe the platinum runs close to $2K so white gold would be less.

Also, if someone actually has this ring (I wish!) or knows where it sells online, I would looove to see some more pics of it.

BlueNile.com sells a similar setting but you''d have to buy the diamond from them as well. My e-ring is from BN (as is my princess channel wedding band) and I love my set :)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Here is a WhiteFlash princess channel setting but its not the x-prong style.

tmb_big_0657-011.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's the Scott Kay with princess channels

08U13.jpg

and Pearlmans has this Scott Kay in Plat..for only $1000, maybe the head could be changed to fit a princess?

I love the delicate nature of the Vatche on though, and the x-prong and the slope? yummy...

045PO13.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
One thing to consider is that the x-prong style (or trellis) can only sit flush with a curved wedding band. If your FFI wants to wear her wedding band by itself, the curved band would look strange. You could consider a cathedral or regular setting and the band would sit flush and the wedding band would not have to be curved.

This BN set is a beautiful example.

BNprincesswedset.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
BN also has a white gold 1/4 carat princess channel setting. The setting is also slimmer than the 1/2 carat.

quartercaratBN.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
18K white gold Blue Nile quarter carat wedding set. Hope some of this helped!

quarterBNwedset.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a flush set from PrecisionSet

2751.jpg

hehe, sorry ME, all you did was ask a simple Vatche question and now we''ve opened up a whole can of worms of tons of Princess Settings. Back to the Vatche, your best bet is calling on of the vendors I mentioned or even checking out Vatche''s website for a local dealer in your area
1.gif

Me

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Any input is definitely helpful.
9.gif
Those are all sharp looking rings.

I emailed goodoldgold and winkjones. Hopefully I dont drag my legs too long.
5.gif

She seems to really be interested in a channel setting with a cathedral look. So, I''m just trying to find that perfect ring.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that setting. I have the vatche x prong without any sidestones. I''ve been very happy with it! Many people do not like having the curved wedding band. I have it, and I really like it. I NEVER wear my wedding band by itself, except while I am cleaning my e-ring. Other times, I either wear the set, or no rings. I do have another straight wedding band I could wear solo but I just don''t. So I wouldn''t worry about it. Also, I don''t think the curved band looks weird solo. Last, you could get a straight wedding band, and it would sit almost flush, just not 100%, but many people do this with no problem whatsoever. It really would fit close. I love when things match perfectly which is why I got the curved band. I have been very happy!

One more note, I would make sure that the jeweler sends your diamond and the setting to Vatche to do the setting. It takes a little longer, but you get to keep Vatche''s warranty. I had my local jeweler do the setting which voided the warranty but I wasn''t too worried about it since I have a solitaire. With all those sidestones, I''d want to keep the warranty in case any of them came loose.

Good luck!!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the LINK to my wife''s double prong X-prong that I bought from GOG.

Me

Rough_Rock
Update so far:

No response from goodoldgold yet.
However, I received a reply from winkjones on pricing of the original Vatche set posted

Platinum Ring #754: $2,640 A bit high for my budget (as expected though)
Platinum Band#218: $2,860

They are suppose to reply back with the prices for 18k white gold.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
excel diamonds sells vatche as well. exceldiamonds.com

ithinkthisistheone

Rough_Rock
I had a local store make a virtually identical version minus the stones for $800... it is a wider band and has a lot of weight

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results