shape
carat
color
clarity

Authentic?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I know, I know, not another handbag thread in the same day! I can''t help it. You ladies were so helpful before, and you''ve convinced me to buy a wonderful new Coach bag (which I thank you for), SO...

Coach Soho Large Leather Flap

...does it look authentic? I need your eagle eyes.

She swears up and down throughout her auctions that she sells nothing but authentic bags, but who wouldn''t? I know, I know, eBay''s always a gamble, but once I started looking for Amber''s ladybug bag, I couldn''t stop! I still love the bag I posted before at Coach, and the only reason I''m considering this one (whose looks I love just as much) is because it''s quite a bit larger. With shipping, it''d run me about the same as the smaller bag.

Yay or nay? Any opinions appreciated! Thanks!
4.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i hope this is ok, but try posting on www.purseforum.com under seller watch. its a thread devoted solely to ppl trying help you determine the authenticity of ebay auctions. there are some very dedicated bag lovers over there and its amazing the kind of detail they pick out.

i''m not a coach expert but the seller herself doesn''t give up HUGE red flags, which is a good thing. just try to have the ladies over there give you the thumbs up as far as authenticity goes. good luck!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Thank you so much!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
For comparrison sake:

eBay bag
33_1.JPG

One I found
Coach_soho-leather.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, the only difference I can see is that the strap on the top one doesn''t look quite as think as the top one, but that could just be the pictures.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, thanks XChick! I tried to find a picture myself but couldn''t. I posted on purseforum, but realized I''m already SO uncool over there....posting about a Coach when the other members are asking about LV and Balenciaga?
3.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, this is the style I just bought in pink. It''s $178 ($190 something including tax) in the outlet store in Carlsbad. If they''ll ship, you might be able to save some money and guarantee authenticity at the same time. There''s a smaller version selling for $135.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 1:27:00 PM
Author: portoar
Hey, this is the style I just bought in pink. It''s $178 ($190 something including tax) in the outlet store in Carlsbad. If they''ll ship, you might be able to save some money and guarantee authenticity at the same time. There''s a smaller version selling for $135.
Portoar, I cannot thank you enough. Do you know what the outlet store is called? I''ll call them at lunch.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 2:25:17 PM
Author: EBree

Portoar, I cannot thank you enough. Do you know what the outlet store is called? I''ll call them at lunch.
I assume it is the Coach Outlet at the Carlsbad Preminum Outlets ((760) 476-0565).
1.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
To me it looks authentic - if you post elsewhere and they nay it, please post back what they said because it has the tag, the creed, the stitching looks awesome and the front buckle has the COACH in tiny letters in the metal. If it is not authentic, then I would like to know what they looked at to be sure it was a fake. It''s a beautiful handbag : ) I would get it.

I wish you well,

Bridget

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 2:33:00 PM
Author: Rascal49

I assume it is the Coach Outlet at the Carlsbad Preminum Outlets ((760) 476-0565).
1.gif
Yay! Thanks!

And Bridget, the girls at PurseForum haven''t even responded. I gave up on them when they started answer all the questions after mine.
7.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 2:33:00 PM

1.gif
Yep, that''s the one. . . good luck! I remember them having the bag in black as well, and I think I remember the tan too.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, did you call? Or get any responses at the purse forum? Just being nosy
2.gif
3.gif
hehe

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 6:28:33 PM
Ebree, did you call? Or get any responses at the purse forum? Just being nosy
2.gif
3.gif
hehe
I called, and they have both in camel. FI and I want to head down to San Diego this weekend or next, so we''ll hit the outlet then.

I only got one reply on purseforum, and the member told me the seller ONLY sells authentic goods, but that they''re from the Coach Factory Outlet store. LOL! Perhaps if we can''t get down to Carlsbad, I''ll just buy from her.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so can anyone fill me in on the deal of Factory Coach store vs. Coach store? Why are the Favtory goods so much cheaper than the retail store?? There is a Factory store opening/ just opened about a half hour from me so I am curious to find out the deal on it. Thanks in advance.

I wish you well,

Bridget

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure what the real difference is between the factory outlet and retail goods are. My guess is the factory outlet goods are from last season or possibly factory seconds? I''ve bought a few bags there and have not been able to detect any flaws, though.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
So, did you go down to Carlsbad and get the bag? It''s a really cool style! I was back at the factory outlet store a few days ago and got a wristlet that looks sort of like a coin purse with the kiss closure. It''s perfect for holding my lockbox key, my car keys and business cards so I don''t have to lug my purse around on home showings.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Coach makes some products specifically for the outlet stores, with the expectation that they will be marked for a lower price point. I do not know what (if any) changes there are in workmanship. (Banana Republic, Gap all do this, too.)

Some things at the outlet were previously retail. Coach has strict regulations regarding how long a style can be shown. Past a certain point, they are shipped off to outlets.

Munchkin

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased a bag at the Coach outlet and the salesperson commented that they had just gotten the bag in from the retail store that morning. It was very similar to the bag that Matatora posted except mine was brown suede with a different strap.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results