shape
carat
color
clarity

ring on "Inside Man"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, anybody see the size of the ring on "Inside Man"?? I just watched it and it looked like about a 10 carat asscher!!! It was pretty gorgeous.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yes and it was supposed to be vintage Cartier! What a big beautiful ring!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
That thing was huge. Glad they did a close up of it too. It was gorgeous. That and the apprentice asscher made my day.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I think it was a Royal Asscher as it was very traceable to the original family. Sure was a treat to see! And, a great movie to boot!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this movie today. What a great flick!!!

And that ring, I just about passed out when they did that close-up. 10 carats at least! It was amazing! And I thought it was traceable because it was a Cartier piece (do they all have unique identifiers? I''d think that "important" pieces like that one would).

I want an Asscher. (whine)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the diamond in denzel''s pocket wasn''t too bad either.....

not as smitten with the movie.

movie zombie

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoyed the movie. I had no idea there was a diamond element in it, and actually went "oooooo" when they showed the safety deposit box with all the little black bags, cause we all know what comes out of those in the movies!! That Asscher was unbelievable. I was telling my husband how it spanned so much of Denzel''s finger, and he''s not a small man! I also thought it was cool how the stone in Denzel''s pocket was an oval, not a round. Interesting for them to show diamonds and NOT choose a round to showcase them.

I wish you well,

Bridget

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, now I''ll have to watch it simply to see the diamond!
20.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a decent movie with a good plot line...it just didn''t knock my socks off.....but those gems sure did!

movie zombie

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Well isn''t that reason enough to watch it?
9.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Just saw the movie and loved it.

Loved the Asscher....

I also loved Jodie Foster''s 35 cm Rouge H Clemence Birkin too. I was drooling over that too!!!

The acting and story were fun to watch.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I like the movie even more today. I saw Lucky number Sleven yesterday. Too predictable. Too much violence - gratuitous. Honestly, I thought Inside Man was a breath of fresher R movies. The diamonds were to die for.
2.gif
It was interesting that Denzel was given an Oval.

Yes, the Asscher was in a Cartier box. Didn''t Cartier retail Royal Asschers?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
>>> read only if you''ve already seen the movie or don''t mind knowing more!

my theory re the oval: these were German Jews who owned these jewels. it was also the 1940''s. the gems could have been family heirlooms and been around awhile. perhaps an oval of excellent quality would have been more desireable at a period of time prior to 1940? or for people of a certain level of wealth?

re the movie itself: interesting tie into a political/moral issue given the aquisition of said diamonds.

movie zombie

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Spoiler again!

Also, I liked the fact that in the end, violence wasn''t the way to get their way.

I thought they said that the jewelry owner''s were Persian Jews who traveled with or were related to Royalty. I guess I took note of that because "he" said he was friends with them & turned them in as Jews for "internment". It struck me as MORE dispictable because the banker was a Jew himself - living in Switzerland (not part of the war movement) & turning in his own friends that didn''t reside in Germany - or did they?

Also, was he able to "steal" their jewelry from their safety deposit box & the Germans seize the money? I know more about the Art retribution than the jewels. Along those lines, if one could prove that the item belonged to you, can you seize it back like Art?

I don''t know about the popularity of ovals or the rareity of them prior to 1940''s. I wonder if they were considered more desireable.

It''s a movie I''d like to see again as I may have missed some of subilties.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results