shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Related Finger Trauma...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay...so I figured my fellow PSers would think this is funny.

So yesterday afternoon, I''m sitting in my office and I noticed my pinky finger was sore. I didn''t think much of it. Last night I looked and saw that my pinky finger was crazy swollen. I thought it was weird because I didn''t remember doing anything that would cause it to be all swollen and painful. My knuckle was especially painful.

So I called the dr. this morning. They wanted me to come in today to have it looked at.

Prior to going in, I looked on the internet...and realized that I might have rhumatoid arthritis, lupus and a number of other horrible diseases. Always a good idea, looking at the internet to see what might be causing vague symptoms.

So, I go to dr. As I''m waiting for the dr. to see me, I''m pondering all the things that could be wrong with me. Finally, I see the doc. She looks at my finger...and starts asking me questions about my ering. When I got it, etc. After examining my finger and looking at my hands, she kind of smiles and at me and says I think I know what cause your "finger trauma."

My ering. Yep. The pinky, and particularly the part that is really sore, lines up perfectly with where my ering hits my pinky. Her guess was that the ering must have jabbed my pinky. Probably when I was opening a door, or when I was walking our dogs...

So yeah. On the plus side, she wrote it out as finger trauma due to large engagement ring.
20.gif

And of course, I showed everyone that would look at my distorted finger...and now I''m going to have to explain it to everyone...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yep...It''s one of those addiction related hazards that can occur. Hope your finger gets better soon!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im sorry but that is ROFL! worthy the way you tell it... but im sorry about your finger :{

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! I am surprised this doesn''t happen to more PSers
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry your finger is hurt, but I would so save that note!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 7:25:42 PM
Author:littlelysser

So yeah. On the plus side, she wrote it out as finger trauma due to large engagement ring.
20.gif
Priceless!!! Keep that note forever!
9.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 8:47:10 PM
Author: DiamondLil

Date: 4/6/2006 7:25:42 PM
Author:littlelysser

20.gif
Priceless!!! Keep that note forever!
9.gif
Totally!! Hey...I wouldn''t mind finger trauma all the time if it meant a huge e-ring!
2.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL...I''m sorry about your finger though. And keep that note! It can be a family heirloom that can be passed down, giving the future a glimpse of their diamond obsessed ancestor!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
littlelysser, you are too funny and that story literally made me laugh out loud..what a hoot.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 9:35:15 PM
Author: mrssalvo
littlelysser, you are too funny and that story literally made me laugh out loud..what a hoot.
Me too, I cracked up. Hope your finger feels better soon.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe - a trauma worth enduring, and risking repeat of....
2.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you guys got a kick out of it. My FI definitely got a good laugh out of it...As did my parents and a number of friends that I called earlier in the day to ask if they would still be my friend if had to get a pinky-echtomy.

I''m just a special kind of fool really.

And I should clarify...the ring is in a very high setting...halo and prong set above that...so I think the problem may be the halo, not the huge-osity of the diamond!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a great story for pricescope! Hope your finger is better, but really to me it would be worth it to get that note about my ring!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
LOL
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAAAA trauma due to large engagement ring, totally priceless!!! i hope your pinky feels better soon!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Too Funny! I wonder if there is a support group for FTDTLER? Perhaps PS needs one.

I chuckled out loud with the "yeah, great idea searching the internet for answers to vague symptoms" By the time you are done, you are dying of every known disease/condition to man. I've learned that the hard way!
2.gif
Yet, I'm still here even though I was diagnosised with STT (shoe too tight)
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 11:16:53 PM
Author: Mara
HAAAA trauma due to large engagement ring, totally priceless!!! i hope your pinky feels better soon!
Mara, don''t laugh. You could be next.
31.gif

LL, I hope your finger feels better soon. It was definitely cracking me up though.

shay

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
That is so funny! What a great problem to have
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Shay! I love the ''big diamond'' part but not the trauma part!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
My word!!! An upgrade is out of the question now isn''t it. Probably against Dr.''s orders.
11.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
LMAO! LittleLysser, you little Mink you! I hope your finger feels better and soon!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the well wishes!

I am happy to report that my finger trauma has improved greatly...it is still a little swollen, but not painful anymore...

and all of my co-workers had a great time laughing at my expense!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
awww, I hope your pinky feels better soon!
I do have to admit though....I had a good little chuckle too at your story....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results