shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst kept secret Katie leaves the Today Show

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
To join the CBS evening news. Katie spent the past 15 years on The Today Show. Meredith Viera will be her replacement. I heard she got 40 Million for that. So your thoughts, good or bad move for katie?? Who should replace Meredith on The View??

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say it''s a great move for Katie! After 15 years of super early wake-ups, she will get to sleep in and put her talent to work later in the day now! Seriously, though, I think it''s going to be a move that''s very advantageous to her. She really is a great anchor/host and she will do superbly in the new position.

Did you know my first major in college was Radio/TV/Film??? Well, now you do. It was harder than I had heard from every middle school teacher who told me I had a great speaking voice, I''ll tell ya that! LOL!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
It's a good move for me. Now, I can actually watch the Today Show & enjoy it without her TOTAL bias, snide comments & fake perkiness.
11.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 11:07:16 AM
Author: fire&ice
It''s a good move for me. Now, I can actually watch the Today Show & enjoy it without her TOTAL bias, snide comments & fake perkiness.
11.gif
High five F&I

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
SUPER EXTRA HIGH FIVE F&I!

I personally have not watched the Today show for years because Katie bugs me. I don''t think i''ll be watching it any more when Meredith Vieira is on because she irks me as well.

I don''t watch the view because they all make me cringe... even Elizabeth, whom I used to love...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey I don''t care for Katie either. But will watch it more without her. The view, I can''t stand. Star Jones gets on my last nerve.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 11:07:16 AM
Author: fire&ice
It''s a good move for me. Now, I can actually watch the Today Show & enjoy it without her TOTAL bias, snide comments & fake perkiness.
11.gif
Exactly, F&I!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
not a big Katie fan here either. I don''t really watch the view and never really liked Meredith so I probably won''t watch her on the Today show..good for both of them though. sounds like good career moves for both of them.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 2:02:57 PM
Author: kaleigh
Hey I don''t care for Katie either. But will watch it more without her. The view, I can''t stand. Star Jones gets on my last nerve.
meeeeeeeeee too!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t stand Katie...can''t stand the View either. We''re too busy watching Dora the Explorer at our house during the times both those shows are on.
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Interesting so many people dislike her...

I haven''t watched the Today Show for years, but I used to really like her. I always thought she was a great interviewer...

I wonder if doing the same show and doing so much of the same drivel for so many years has gotten to her.

I hope she does great at CBS...first lone woman anchor/managing editor of primetime network news...about time, I''d say!

While I''m here...I''m probably the only one in the world who doesn''t know this, but what is The View, and where and when is it shown?

Thanks
widget

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a huge Katie Couric hater...or lover for that matter. Sometimes, as I''m getting ready in the morning she kind of fills me with rage as I know she is making gaboons of money for kind of being a twit, but that is neither here nor there.

I''m not sure how well she''ll play on the evening news. She''s going to have to tone down the giggliness a bit.

Just my thoughts.

As for the View widget...it is, IMHO, a horrid show where a bunch of annoying women sit around and talk about stuff...and interview people. I''d rather poke my eyes out with hot spoons than watch it.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 7:33:30 PM
Author: widget
Interesting so many people dislike her...

I haven''t watched the Today Show for years, but I used to really like her. I always thought she was a great interviewer...

I wonder if doing the same show and doing so much of the same drivel for so many years has gotten to her.

I hope she does great at CBS...first lone woman anchor/managing editor of primetime network news...about time, I''d say!

While I''m here...I''m probably the only one in the world who doesn''t know this, but what is The View, and where and when is it shown?

Thanks
widget
I DID like her. She has VA. roots & was quite a good interviewer. Something got the best of her & she REALLY became biased toward whom she interviewed. It became REALLy soft or REALLY hard.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 6:50:48 PM
Author: icekid

meeeeeeeeee too!
I saw a clip of The View where Star Jones calls in to just talk about herself and her plastic surgery mishap (boob lift, I think) and Joy Beheart is getting totally annoyed. Joy passes a note to Meredith Viera and at the end rolls her eyes and says sarcastically, "I hope your t*ts stay perky, we''re all find by the way thanks for asking!"
I can''t stand Star! I''m surprised the other panelists have room to sit given Star''s big hair and even bigger ego. Star and Al Reynolds have to be the grossest couple in the press. Well, maybe a close tie with TomKat...

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t care for Katie at all, au revoir. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. Now, Meredith Viera I really like & I think she''ll do an excellent job.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a Katie fan either and would find it difficult to take her seriously as a an evening news person. People create a persona for themselves that is hard to change. She is a little too sweet and perky for me - and that personality doesn''t parlay into a serious news person. Barbara Walters did evening news for ABC (I think) and it was a bomb. She got paid a pot of money too - course it was different times - but it just didn''t work out. I hope Katie has better luck and I totally understand her taking the offer - who wouldn''t?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
It will be interesting to see what happens. The ratings for CBS news w/ Bob Schaeffer (sp) have increased. Katie Couric is more along the journalistic lines of Dan Rather - who is not only unlikeable - but biased to a fault.

I think Elizabeth Vargas is doing a great job. Obviously, she''s a women. I listen to ABC news at night now.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will be interesting to see who replaces Meredith. I do TiVo The View everyday, but depending how irritating it gets, I do some creative fast forwarding.
2.gif
Star really irritates me. A lot. Joy can be off the wall at times, but I do really like her. She''s got a good sense of humor and tends to diffuse things with a joke when convo gets a little heated.

koko

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t think CBS could find anyone more liberal and more biased than Dan Rather but they''ve succeeded with Katie Couric. She''s a terrible journalist because she can''t remain impartial. I''ve heard that one of her journalism professors said she would never amount to anything and she proved him wrong.....I don''t think that prof. realized just how low journalistic standards were headed when he made that statement!
20.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I feel the same way.
2.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Star Jones is the most disgustingly irratating woman EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results