shape
carat
color
clarity

ANTM - America's Next Top Model

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Makeover Show! Always my favorite.

Worst Makeover - Sarah. I don''t get this redneck look they gave her? If they wanted to cut it short they should have cut it like Mollie-Sue.

Best Makover - Mollie Sue - That haircut suits her!

Worst Attitude: Jade. Girl. Im.gonna.slap.you. PLEASE GO AWAY.

Best Attitude: Nenna: They shaved her head!

Who I like: Nenna, Sarah, Mollie-Sue,

Who I don''t Like: Furonda, Jade, and TYRA-LYNN!

Sorry to see Wendy go. It should have been Jade. But, you know, "they are trying to test her" since EVERYONE knows that, AT 26, SHE IS! the next super model. FEH! (littlelysser)

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I HATE JADE SO MUCH IT IS PAINFUL. She is so awful. SO AWFUL. And so completely and totally lacking self-awareness. I present the following examples:

1. Telling Feronda that she loooked rediculous in her tiara while wearing a SHAWL OVER HER HEAD AND UNDERPANTS.
2. Believing that she is a threat, and that is why they gave her the worst.hairdo.ever.
3. Yelling at the hurricane girl to get off the phone.

Ohhh, yes, my dislike of Jade is deep.

That having been said...Although I liked Wendie, she just didn''t take a great pic the last two weeks...not that I''d have been taking a good pic posing in a bikini on a block of ice...or on a beach for that matter...

Anyhoodle...I like Brooke. Don''t know why. Kind of looks like a bulldog, but a cute bulldog. I just like her.

And Sara needs to get over her haircut already. Shuttie.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 9:34:02 AM
Author: littlelysser
I HATE JADE SO MUCH IT IS PAINFUL. She is so awful. SO AWFUL. And so completely and totally lacking self-awareness. I present the following examples:

1. Telling Feronda that she loooked rediculous in her tiara while wearing a SHAWL OVER HER HEAD AND UNDERPANTS.
2. Believing that she is a threat, and that is why they gave her the worst.hairdo.ever.

Oh littlelysser, I could not agree with you more. She is a horrible person
38.gif
...I''m glad Tyra told her that she acts that way because of esteem issues. I was expecting her to be like ''Oh no she didn''t'' when Tyra said that. Oh and love that Nigel said she doesn''t take responsibility for anything.
9.gif

I didn''t get Sarah''s makeover....why do they always have one to go to the extreme like that. Her hair looks awful...but she is still very pretty.

I LOVE Nnenna!! I think she is still grogeous, if not more so, with her shaved head. Although I didn''t love her picture they picked for the magazine cover. She has a beautiful smile and she seems so sweet. I was so happy when they choose her for the $5k win...I would have been annoyed if they choose Furonda. I hope Nnenna doesn''t become a raging *itch like Jade.

I think Molly Sue''s new do looks fabulous on her, she kind of looks like Mia Farrow now.

I really like Kari, she''s got that blonde bombshell thing going...it suits her, she''s very cute.

And I like Brooke....she is...how did they describe her..wrong looking but in the right way or something like that, I totally agree.

I think, hoping, the final two will be Brooke and Nnenna...with Nnenna winning.

I think the next to go will hopefully be Jade, but if not, than I''m thinking it might be Gina. I just don''t think she has that backbone for this...she seems very whiney and unsure of herself. I also don''t think that Furonda will last long...but then again Yaya, from Cycle 3, went far and she had a similar attitude as Furonda.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Caribou -

I have no idea how I forgot NNenna. I really like her too. Not many girls on that show could go bald for real and look fabulous AND be alright with it, you know? I do like her.

And I think Mollie Sue's new do is fabu. (hehee, I'm a poet and i didn't know it!)

Furonda...I just don't see her lasting too long. She isn't very pretty or unique looking in my opinion. Although I LOVED that she passed out rules for how to get along with her. It reminded of my sister...who at AGE 7 put up a list of The Rules of Meg's Room. They included things like "no talking while meg is talking" and "no chewing tabacco (no idea where she got that one...no one in my family ever chewed tabacco)" Anyway...good way to make friends.

Regarless, I agree that Gina is probably gone next. Girlfriend is dumb as a box of hair.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 12:08:29 PM
Furonda...I just don''t see her lasting too long. She isn''t very pretty or unique looking in my opinion. Although I LOVED that she passed out rules for how to get along with her. It reminded of my sister...who at AGE 7 put up a list of The Rules of Meg''s Room. They included things like ''no talking while meg is talking'' and ''no chewing tabacco (no idea where she got that one...no one in my family ever chewed tabacco)'' Anyway...good way to make friends.

Regarless, I agree that Gina is probably gone next. Girlfriend is dumb as a box of hair.
OMG, I forgot Furonda did that!!!
20.gif
It''s more okay for a 7 year old to do that because they really don''t know better, but not someone who would be considered an adult! WTF! But then again, maybe I''ll try that around her at work....she how well it works for me.

I agree, there''s nothing really special about her and I don''t think her ''weave'' did her any good.

Oh and we forgot one more... Mr J and her fabulous Ghetto self...what was her street style again?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really think Sara''s hairdo is that bad. I think it looks great on her and it''s funky.

Most of the makeovers weren''t drastic like some other cycles. It''s like Brooke and Gina just got some layers, and Kari just got more volume - I could barely notice the changes.

I like Nnenna, Brooke, Sara and Mollie Sue. Brooke remains me of a friend - she has the face shape with the big chin. Something about Brooke just says model even though she isn''t the prettiest.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 2:44:00 PM
Author: IslandDreams
I''ve not seen the show this year, but I went online and they had pics of everyone. The only girl that looked truly different was Mollie Sue. Is she still around? Most of the girls were really odd looking this year.

I think I''d like to see a plus size America''s Next Top Model. Then at least the women could look like they eat occasionally.

Didn''t they have a larger girl last season that made it pretty far? I believe she was Latino too.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I agree, Jade HAS TO GO!!!! Her cocky attitude stinks! And that Furonda chick is coming in a close second.

Poor Sarah, I would crying too if my head was shaved on the sides and mohawked in the middle.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 9:34:02 AM

HA!! I was waiting to read this thread until I watched the TIVO''d episode. AIIGGHH. You read my mind. I''m sure, as always, the producers will fight hard to keep her on though. Good. TV. Period.

Sadly I hate the whole juding panel too -- and if that blonde, over-veneered weasel talks about "HIS SET" one more time I''ll eat a doughnut. Oh I''ll do it.

The whole "faux angry" tone of the judging and sweeping generalization/randomness of their criticism (i.e. - "You have no neck in that shot. ALWAYS show neck." WHA? They *picked* that shot!) just steams my last bit of human fluid.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
The whole ''faux angry'' tone of the judging and sweeping generalization/randomness of their criticism (i.e. - ''You have no neck in that shot. ALWAYS show neck.'' WHA? They *picked* that shot!) just steams my last bit of human fluid.
nice - my thoughts exactly!! I dvr''d the episode as well and only just watched it last night.
Jade - does the same pose over and over again -- squinty eyes, lips slightly open, side profile. She is unique looking - and can look very pretty - but the attitude and "i am so great" persona makes her deserve a solid kick in the pants.
What cracked me up is that they critiqued her on her picture being side profile - and "you have to look into the camera for a cover shot" -- so I had the same thoughts as you deco -- they picked that photo -- are you telling me that every single one of her shots was side profile - then I would guess that was the photographers fault!! Same thing with Leslie -- they picked a shot where she looked all "maxim" and then criticized her for looking maxim. I could see them picking a better shot -- and then saying something about how the other shots she did this and this wrong.

Wendy - really had to go. she has way too much going on mentally and it looked like she was going to bust out crying at any second. maybe they will do what they did with that one girl before -- let her come back the next season?? (don''t remember her name but they made her go to anger management counselling?)

sara actually looks pretty cute and funky with the new hair style. I like that she kept a brave face and tried to not complain in front of the jays/tyra. now she just needs to figure out what to do with the new do and stop worrying about what her boyfriend will think.

mollie sue looks much better - but i don''t see model. I see cute girl who works at the record store that all the little emo boys want to hit on.

here is the thought that struck me as I watched the "make overs" : In all the past episodes they have girls who were PRETTY (with usually the one weird/unique looking one) and they did these really drastic, out there make overs to make them more funky/edgy looking. This year they have a bunch of goofy looking girls (with one or two conventionally pretty girls thrown in)- that can pull off some sort of cool looking pictures but aren''t conventionally attractive -- so they had to do makeovers to make them look PRETTY. You don''t really want to do a crazy out there hair cut on a girl who kind of already looks crazy. he he

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I''ve thought the same thing about some of the pictures they choose. Some of them are just not good. I wonder if they sometime choose a mediocre one to prove a point about a picture or to show this is that you shouldn''t do in the modeling world.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 10:03:08 AM
Author: Caribou
You know, I''ve thought the same thing about some of the pictures they choose. Some of them are just not good. I wonder if they sometime choose a mediocre one to prove a point about a picture or to show this is that you shouldn''t do in the modeling world.

Exactly! Instead of saying "Here''s your best shot" they should say "Here''s a shot we decided we could tear apart like ferocious fashionista mountain lions!"

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Booooo. Jade. Still hate her. Kissing the cockroach...GRODY TO THE MAX.

And I can''t believe they kept Gina. Ahh, the injustice of it all.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
ugh - Gina is SOOOO annoying. Damn if I was on the show with her and she was doing all that screaming because of a cockroach I would have slapped her silly. That or popped the cockroach right into her gaping mouth.
She is so blah in the challenges and in the pictures - why they kept her I couldn''t say. Except that Tyra likes to always keep one around that totally needs to go.

And they were telling Kari to loose weight - sheesh. She has a round face - doesn''t mean she is fat. For all Tyra preaches to want to promote realistic body images/beauty images to young girls -- this season has the skinniest girls yet! I could snap Furonda in half with my pinky.

Jade - don''t even get me started. Everything she does, every word out of her mouth is all planned to make her seem so cool and "fierce" and out there. Same thing with Lisa last season - but at least she had the decency to drink herself silly so we could at least get SOME entertainment value out of it (disclaimer: I''m not advocating them to be drunks, I realize alcoholism is a serious thing - I''m just saying)

I''m still liking Sara - even if she has no clue what she is doing. Um, she never modelled before remember? I love how the judges are all about breaking the girls down during the panel but for those girls that really have had no experience it doesn''t seem like there is any kind of tutorial or tips or anything -- aside from: "know your angles" and "be fierce"

Am I the only one that thinks that Joanie isn''t pretty? She has pretty eyes but her head is so long and her lips are so small it makes her look weird - I think that is what they were saying about the whole "she can''t take this hair style" comment?

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everything you said Cailet.

I can''t believe they picked Gina over Kari, they even said that Kari had 2 good pictures out of 3, but Gina didn''t have any! Gina is annoying. I find it funny that they criticized Kari about her weight when Ms Tyra has put on a few pounds.

Jade is the devil. ''nuf said.
11.gif

I agree with what you said about Joanie, her picture was not good to me, she had a ''D''uh!'' look on her face and the panel thought it was a good picture!
38.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe Kari is gone. She reminds me of a dear dear friend of mine with those puppy eyes and pouty lips. I am so sad to see her go. She is soft and etherial looking and THAT is what I love about her. She didn''t look like she could poke my eye out with a rib a-la-Furonda. She did look horrible, IMO, during the runway show. I''m so sorry to be judgemental but some of those "judges" were really scary.

I can''t believe Gina is still there. Kari did everything asked of her without complaint and took great shots. Gina complained and still came out with nothing. I think her photos are pretty but in person I totally don''t see a model. She annoys me more than Jade at this point.

I thought Jade was toned down this week. Her photo was outrageous! It was great and she did great on the runway show. She''s the devil, but she did great this week.

I agree about Joanie. I don''t get it.

I don''t the whole so wrong its right thing about Brooke either. To me, its wrong. I guess I am more of a classic beauty lover, such as Nicole and Yoanna vs. Naima and the other one. Eva is in the middle.

Love Sarah. She''s tall and awkward but she''s soooo beautiful. Give her some time and she''ll be FIERCE.

Those heels were RIDICULOUS!!! I would have fell flat on my face. I can''t even wear anything above 3 inches. I bet Sarah was like 6''8!

I feel like punching Tyra sometimes. I have two phoooooooootoooooooooooooooos in my hands. "Thank you Kari" Shut up bizatch!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone watch the E! True Hollywood Story on ANTM?

It was kind of lame, I thought there''d be dirt on Tyra....but I didn''t see any.
38.gif
Although I thought it was funny that Adrian (winner of the 1st season, engaged to Peter Brady) wrote Tyra a nasty-gram. Go Adrian!!!!!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
**SPOILER Don't read if you don't want to know who is gone**

Gina just couldn't get it together she looked so uncomforatble at her shoots. It's no wonder they let her go. I would have thought they were crazy if they kept her over Brook.

I couldn't believe how nasty Janice was to her, and I could not believe how Jade not only said that her (Jade) and Janice were on the same level but she was shocked that Gina said she'd been giving her a hard time.
20.gif
She needs to be gone next.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I continue to hate Jade. She''s EVIL and just not that great. She is not going to win, yet she continues to take up time on my tv that could be spent on others.

Anyway...I knew Gina was going. She had to...SHe was was pretty, but that''s about all I can say for her. Poor thing.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Is it me or are only a few of those girls even pretty? I know that models are not always classic beauties, but EWWW> What is with Jade's pig nose?

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 11:45:44 AM
I continue to hate Jade. She''s EVIL and just not that great. She is not going to win, yet she continues to take up time on my tv that could be spent on others.

Anyway...I knew Gina was going. She had to...SHe was was pretty, but that''s about all I can say for her. Poor thing.

I know! everytime she was on camera I winced. Poor girl is dumb and a box of rocks. She just always had this "Huh? Wha....?" look on her face.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 12:06:40 PM
Author: moremoremore
Is it me or are only a few of those girls even pretty? I know that models are not always classic beauties, but EWWW> What is with Jade''s pig nose?

I agree. Especially when it comes to Jade...where on earth did she get in it her head that she was ''supermodel'' pretty. Because she may be taller than your average girl?!?!?!
20.gif

*knock knock* Hello Jade, there''s a reson why you are still 26 and not yet discovered.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 12:06:40 PM
Author: moremoremore
Is it me or are only a few of those girls even pretty? I know that models are not always classic beauties, but EWWW> What is with Jade''s pig nose?
I would have joined in on this thread a lot sooner.
1.gif

One of my boyfriend''s best friends has a girlfriend who is drop dead gorgeous. (Yes, I feel like a short fat cow whenever we''re all hanging out.) She tried out for the first season of ANTM and made it to the last cut before they chose the contestants.

In my opinion, she is a lot more prettier and interesting looking than 90% of the girls who have been on this show.

She told me that the last few stages before they choose the final contestants were all psychological tests. They had professional psychologists interview every girl for hours and hours. And by the questions they asked, they were obviously looking for girls who would bring the most drama to the show. After all the exhausting questioning, she said that she would have probably refused to do the show even if she was not chosen.

She didn''t need the help of ANTM in the long run - she now models and has been pretty successful.

P.S. - I was secretly disappointed that Gina got cut....although she was horrible and I wanted to slap her, this was the first time they had an Asian American on the show (I''m Asian).

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO not beautiful Mollie Sue!!!!!

I really liked Mollie Sue. I mean, Naima never showed personality either.

I hate Tyra''s winged out hair. It makes her hair look enormous. That''s probably what happened. Her head got so big they had to wing out her hair to hide it.

Jade is hideous. Her face is not attractive (her body is fierce I must say). She has an ugly personality. So overall, ugly face + ugly personality = UGLY.

Her commercial?? Okay so Mollie Sue''s was bad too... but can you imagine anyone wanting to work with Jade???? GAWSH!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
dang! for some reason they didn''t play the show last night! some sports something was on - and I didn''t see the show on after that either. I have the DVR set to tape all episodes for the show so I would think that it would tape it no matter what time it was on.

now I missed it

8.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Cailet, They always replay it the Tuesday before the new episode.

I''ve decided that they are keeping Jade on because she''s drama. I think what they did was, between her and Mollie Sue, decided that either way Mollie Sue isn''t going to make to the final 2 so let''s just keep the raging beotch on...she brings drama. Jade is not pretty, yeah she has a nice body but most of those girls do, her skin is not all that, her hair is horrible...UGH!
38.gif
She was such a *itch to everyone when they were doing that Nick Cannon thing....telling Sara she''s too tall
20.gif
jealous or something, Jade??

As I predicted, Nnenna is starting to get on my nerves. She needs to dump that insecure manipulative boyfriend, actually I htink him and JAde should hook up.
28.gif

And what is up with Jade saying ''love jsut gets in the way''...she has some serious issues. God I hope she is gone next but I haven''t a feeling she''s going to be around for a little longer.
29.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, the Nnenna thing really bugged me too!

It is the classic he loves her more than she loves him scenario. If you are going to be with a model, you need to be totally secure. Obviously, he is not as attractive as she is and obviously she will get better offers after the show. The relationship is doomed. Move on please!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I am sad that Molly Sue is gone and horrid horrid Jade is back.

Although that episode was chock full ''o snarktastic highlights.

Like Tyra''s "acting." Um, falling out of a chair does not an actress make, miss thing.

Jade and the commerical shoot. The drag queenieness of it. The spinning. The "Hi Girls. What a fabulous party!" The spinning. The forgetting the lines. And did I mention the spinning.

Jade and improve. You know, with that the not knowing what a QUESTION IS. GOOD DOG SHE IS A MORON. and yet so lame.

I do not puffy heart her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results