shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions for Strmrdr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Hi there. First of all, awesome job on picking out your fiance''s ring. I was actually wanting to do something like that myself but I was wondering if the jeweler said anything about the integrity of the head being mounted on to the ring in such a manner. I too, found a ring on the secondary market and I''m exploring my options. I either want to do what you did and have the head taken off and mounted on a band or just get a new tiffany setting. Any info would help and I was also curious as to what width of band that was that you had the diamond mounted on to. It looked like maybe 2mm but I wanted to be sure. I definatley like the look of the 2 thin bands since I have been looking around or the band with the wrap. Thanks so much.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the main ring is 3mm
the wrap is about 1.2-1.5

The wrap is from www.stuller.com

The ring has held up fine for 2.5 years and she is hard on rings.
She was doing house cleaning for a living for a while and the band is a little chewed up but the head is still stable.
As long as the soldering is done right it should be fine.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
having seen a lot of the low cost gold generic tiff settings id rate hers a 8 strength wise and those a 2 they are very thin.
If I was doing it over again Id do the ring the same way.
The diamond id seriously consider ordering one from GOG instead if I was doing it today.
I lucked into a super-bright well cut diamond and was able to recognise it when I saw it but since then I haven''t seen much that was its equal.
A loupe and an ideal-scope would be a must have if I was doing it today.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the info. Being a fan of smaller diamonds I have to admit I fell in love with that e-ring when I saw the pics. I think I will take your idea and do the same with my ring. I''m really worried about stability as I''m rough on my rings as well and I''ve been looking for a low setting and it looks like it''s is low since it sits right on the band. Can''t wait to see the pics of the e-ring and wedding ring together !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results