shape
carat
color
clarity

Firefighter''s Badge Ring - Any Ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Help, all of you creative PS''ers! My beloved is covetting a Firefighter''s Badge Ring. I''ve torn the ''net apart looking for ideas to bring to our custom jeweler. So far, we''ve come up with class-ring look alikes and many maltese cross themes. There are some really cool looking police officer''s rings. I''m hoping more than one of you can post some pictures with some ideas for this ring. So far, I know he''d like his badge as like the signet on top, and maybe a wider hammered shank. This guy''s good as gold and deserves anything he wants. Can ya''ll help me come up with a few ideas and resources?
Thanks a million!
37.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a slightly unusual, but very classic design for such rings... I think Cartier brought them up and really made it famous in the 50s. The rings are called 'cigar bands' - since they were inspired by the said object. There are ladies' versions those and those are among my favorite rings on Earth
5.gif

I thought I'd never find an original example online... but what do you know! NR has one (link to page and picture). The vast majority of these rings are not made with cigar labels like that one - the shape and flat outline of the rings is what the name is supposed to describe these days, and said features leave allot of room for engraving and what not. Even the copy of a badge, if needed
28.gif

...speaking of engraving. You might want to look down this link
30.gif
What's done on ladies' rings amounts to discrimination by comparison, IMO. I mean, should a lad's shot look better than fine jewelry? No justice whatsoever
10.gif
The colored inlays are straight sickening... There isn't much jewelry around, just enough to make the case. And it can get even worse.

Sure you don't have to agree with anything.

My 2c
38.gif

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Ana and SDL,
Thank you so much for your creative help. Ana, Adone Galleries'' work is to die for!!! SDL, I did find some great ideas on the Sadiadiamonds website. Our public servants have a thankless job. My FF loves helping people, though. He never asks for anything, so if I can ever help him in any way, I try. Thanks, again, ladies. You are an invaluable help!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results