shape
carat
color
clarity

The Sopranos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, on the latest episode! It was kind of painful for me to watch...it reminded me of what my family and I went through when my dad was in ICU a year and a half ago. But I really enjoyed it, nonetheless. It really made me think about what was important in life.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm tonite was interesting...SPOILER ALERT.....

we were trying to figure out the symbolism of Tony with this other life, I am sure the wife in his alternate life is Charmaine, Arti''s wife, it sounded just like her and they dated a long time ago back when they were all teens/very young. Also the faraway pulsing skyline (his heartbeat) and the helicopters...and that other woman, the mistaken identity/lost wallet, the fact that he couldn''t cheat on his wife...all very interesting. Next week looks like it will be a doozy as everyone scrambles for power! I wonder if this whole season will be Tony in a coma? Hmmm.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the whole "mistaken identity" thing really relates to how Tony has always led a double life... it will be really interesting to see how the other characters deal with the issue throughout this season. I had heard somewhere that Tony would be in a coma for a while, so I don''t expect in the next few episodes that he will come out of it, rather, we will see how the other characters experience life without him. I just hope A.J. doesn''t go and kill Uncle Junior! I think that it''s a turning point for him now, and we will find out if A.J. actually joins "the family" or continues on the straight path.

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know...I love the sopranos but I''m confused this season. It doesn''t have the action that I want or that I''m accustomed to. I think the double life is related to his double life, just as other posters have said. His voice sounded so different as Kevin Finnarty that it was hard for me to believe that he was really tony. By the way, what''s up with calling him Anthony - they did it quite a few times yesterday. I''m confused. I hope he doesn''t stay in acoma too long, my boyfriend thinks it will be the whole season...I hope not.
8.gif

Not too impressed thus far...hope the show gets a bit more climatic, who knows?

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 12:30:58 AM
Author: Mara
Hmm tonite was interesting...SPOILER ALERT.....

we were trying to figure out the symbolism of Tony with this other life, I am sure the wife in his alternate life is Charmaine, Arti''s wife, it sounded just like her and they dated a long time ago back when they were all teens/very young. Also the faraway pulsing skyline (his heartbeat) and the helicopters...and that other woman, the mistaken identity/lost wallet, the fact that he couldn''t cheat on his wife...all very interesting. Next week looks like it will be a doozy as everyone scrambles for power! I wonder if this whole season will be Tony in a coma? Hmmm.
We sat and did the same Mara. Definitely sounds like Charmaine...my husband said that straight away. I think next week''s show is going to rock. I was a bit disappointed this week (seems like all my shows are starting that way...24 blah!) but at least the previews keep me wanting more. I sincerely hope we don''t see him in a coma for episodes and episodes to come. I really enjoy watching his character in action!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've visited some Sopranos fan websites and an interesting theory has been brought up: when Tony pulls out Kevin Finnerty's credit card to check into the Omni, the exp. dates on the card are 3/5-3/8. The theory discussed was that these are the dates Tony will be staying at the Omni in his coma dream, and the dates he is actually in the coma. So hmmm, maybe he won't be in a coma all season. There are 10 more episodes to come, and another 8 bonus episodes until the show's done for good. I still have this episode tivo'd so I'll check out the Omni check-in scene tonight...

ETA: those are the dates on the cc--I actually did watch that part again tonight! We'll see if this theory holds water I guess.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, just sprung for the extra $27.95 to include the HBO package....just to watch this show!!!!!

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
What did you think about tonight''s show? I can''t wait for next week.

*****spoiler**********

thank god tony came out of the coma - the show was boring with him n his finnerty dreams. can u believe buscemi was at the house? we expected all of the dead people in tonys life would be inside, thankfully he heard meadow. how crazy is all the money talk? GREEEEEEEEEDY!

love this show!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I will say the show was much better tonight. When Tony was about to walk in the house for the ''party'' and he heard Meadow calling him my husband kept saying, "no they aren''t going to kill him...they can''t kill him yet." I''m like calm down honey he''s the show so I don''t think they''ll be killing him just yet. I found it ironic that his cousin was trying to lead him in the house since Tony was the one that killed him...I had forgotten and hubby said, "you know who that is don''t you?" He had to refresh my memory. Good show...I thought it was going to end up by the way he was looking that he wasn''t going to remember anyone but then previews for next week...I guess he''s back
1.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
OOoh, I loved last night''s episode. The acting and writing in the show are simply phenomenal!! I absolutely loved the whole comic relief part with Christopher and the screenplay "investors" meeting!! I can''t wait for next week...

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 5:31:01 PM
Author: monarch64
I''ve visited some Sopranos fan websites and an interesting theory has been brought up: when Tony pulls out Kevin Finnerty''s credit card to check into the Omni, the exp. dates on the card are 3/5-3/8. The theory discussed was that these are the dates Tony will be staying at the Omni in his coma dream, and the dates he is actually in the coma. So hmmm, maybe he won''t be in a coma all season. There are 10 more episodes to come, and another 8 bonus episodes until the show''s done for good. I still have this episode tivo''d so I''ll check out the Omni check-in scene tonight...

ETA: those are the dates on the cc--I actually did watch that part again tonight! We''ll see if this theory holds water I guess.
I think the same thing. I think the whole Kevin Finnerty thing is a coma induced illusion.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I am excited Tony is back. The previews for next week were crazy! I can''t wait to see what is gonna happen this season. AJ is gonna be a bigger factor this season, i think.

** also--Does anyone watch Big Love after the sopranos? Crazy show...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ is such a loser now, I swear every time I see a scene with him now and his greasy hair I just want Carmella to smack him a good one. I was glad she finally told him off even if that's not the 'motherly' thing to do!

Greg thinks that Carmella is going to start playing more of a 'role' in Tony's business now, did anyone else notice the look on her face as she saw Paulie and the other guy get into the elevator with their stone cold faces, it was a look of realization. And in the previews they showed her saying something about the business..don't recall what.

I wouldn't have minded them leaving Tony in the coma one more episode and exploring more of the Finnerty personality and also giving the people back home more time to 'fall apart', then it would have gotten REAL interesting, we only got a glimpse of it this episode.

Next week looks good! Oh and we are totally getting hooked on Big Love even though we both find the whole polygamy thing really odd to watch, like Greg said 'this show is disturbing but i have to watch it!'...I'm sure there are others like that too! Isn't that kind of what Sopranos was originally as well?

ETA that I thought that when he was about to go into the 'house' that he WAS going to give up the briefcase and go into the house. It seemed like the pull of the voice was not enough for him...did anyone else get that too? Like his cousin was reaching for the briefcase and he was letting it go and then suddenly he was back in reality and coming out of his coma. I really felt like he didn't want to come back and maybe he was forced back somehow.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at a friend''s house last night and we were discussing Sopranos...she mentioned the play on words of "Kevin Finnerty" and "infinity." Get it? I couldn''t believe I had missed that! Remember the guy in the bar in Tony''s dream when he first lost his briefcase--Tony says "anyone know Kevin Finnerty?" and the guy says "he drives a Lexus--you know, Infinity?" I''m doing a bad job of paraphrasing, sorry. I thought that was pretty cool!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
So what did you all think of last night''s show???

I almost fell off the couch when the insurance consultant was in Tony''s room and he called her the ''c'' word and told her to get out...so unexpected but LMAO funny!
I''m not sure how I''m going to like his new change. I guess this is typical for some people that have such a life threatening experience. What''s up with that preacher...holy crap...he was driving me nuts!
I loved the scene in the room of the rapper where they were hanging out watching the fight...I really liked the commraderie he was forming with the other patients in the hospital especially the old man which I knew he was going to end up having some bad form of cancer or something.

On another note...Mara, I''m totally into Big Love now. I didn''t get to watch it last night but I spent Saturday night catching up so last week''s was the last one I saw. OMG...I thought that young girl with Roman was his daughter and I almost puked when I found out it was his wife in training or whatever it was that she called it. I''m addicted to the show because it''s so different but I totally could not see living like that. I''d definitely have to be the ''show wife'' like Barb LOL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha totally Small, i told greg, i''d so have to be the first wife!!! but even then it still wouldn''t fly! it''s a weird show but the more you watch it the more you get hooked, i prefer when they don''t focus on the sex stuff, like i''m so not interested in seeing bill paxton have sex with 3 women but i like the politics and the other intrigue going on. so we''ll see as it progresses. the old man is NASTY with his 50 children or whatever he has. EW!

sopranos really bugged me last nite! i don''t know why but the whole kid selling his dad''s business for his mom and how caught up he got into it without trying to pissed me off, esp when paulie totally lost it and kicked his ass at the end and is what, making him pay him $4k a month forever? just because jason''s mom stuck up for him and paulie was jealous, having his own totally huge parenting issues to deal with. paulie has been irritating me for a while too, he''s such an ass on EVERY friggin show, i mean what are his redeeming qualities at all? he''s a very hard character to like. i also was not into the religion thing AT ALL. i just didn''t love last nite''s episode at all. i wonder if they are setting up paulie to be clipped at the end or something? all the dissention in the ranks is interesting. time will tell!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm predicting that Finn gets whacked and Meadow ends up marrying Jason! I think Bobby will end up doing the whacking, and I think Tony will want to marry Meadow off to Jason so he can assure himself a permanent garbage route payment...

Anyone else catch the thing going on between Mr. Schwinn and the born-again dude with Tony asking both their opinions on the afterlife? I thought it was interesting that after Mr. Schwinn shared with Tony, Paulie, and the gunshot-victim-rapper dude that we are all just molecules bumping around in the universe together, but not really separate entities, that he ended up being diagnosed with larynx cancer and had his voice-box removed! I will have to visit the Sopranos site and see what all the diehard fans' opinions are on that part of the storyline.

ETA: Oops, I meant to say Vito will whack Finn! I don't know, for some reason I get his name confused with Bobby Bacala's. Whew, too many goombas to keep track of, lol!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally caught the whole Jason thing with Meadow, I also thought there''d be a future storyline there, if they are smart they''d draw Meadow in a bit with a real storyline of her own.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
It is so weird to see Tony being a little nicer. I feel like that is where they are going to go to end the show. Don''t know how i feel about that...

Also- Big Love- why in the hell would he want to marry Nikki. She is a nut bag! I would think that he wouldn''t have wanted to marry one of the prophets daughters cause it seems like he has never gotten along with him.

I really like Barb, but i can''t understand why she would have let him do this... and why would he want to marry 3 women? Too many women nagging him all the time. I feel sorry for Barb''s older kids. And does anyone get the vibe that the older son is gay?

(Sorry to hijack the sopranos thread, but none of my friends watch this show, so i have no one to talk to about it
32.gif
)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Courthorn, I agree with you on the Nikki thing! Btw, doesn''t bother me if Big Love is brought up on this thread!
1.gif
Anyway, she is one messed up girl! I loved when she came in after sticking all the work to the third wife, and had 3 huge a** shopping bags, lol!

I recognize the actress who plays Nikki from some other shows, or maybe movies. Does anyone else know anything about her? I can''t figure out what I''ve seen her in before!

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Chloe Sevigny is Nikki''s name. She was in Boys Don''t Cry. I am sure she has been in more, but i can''t think of them right now.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh I can't stand Nikki on BL...she's soo irritating...she's always sullen and jealous looking and bitchy! And GOSH $60k in DEBT? Totally insane, what does she buy and how does he not know?!!

They are slowly giving more information on the background of the show, so I guess that there was just Barb and the hubby and the kids and then she got sick and they had to have Roman help them out and after that is when he married Nikki, his daughter. So the kids grew up with a monogomous household and then the second wife came along. But they haven't said how the third wife came in after that.

Gosh could you imagine? Having a monogamous relationship with your hubby for like 15 years then having to deal with a 2nd and 3rd wife? That would take ONE BIG FRIGGIN DIAMOND!!!!
11.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 1:18:04 AM
Author: Mara
Gosh I can''t stand Nikki on BL...she''s soo irritating...she''s always sullen and jealous looking and bitchy! And GOSH $60k in DEBT? Totally insane, what does she buy and how does he not know?!!

They are slowly giving more information on the background of the show, so I guess that there was just Barb and the hubby and the kids and then she got sick and they had to have Roman help them out and after that is when he married Nikki, his daughter. So the kids grew up with a monogomous household and then the second wife came along. But they haven''t said how the third wife came in after that.

Gosh could you imagine? Having a monogamous relationship with your hubby for like 15 years then having to deal with a 2nd and 3rd wife? That would take ONE BIG FRIGGIN DIAMOND!!!!
11.gif
LMAO @ Mara and her diamond comment
11.gif

I really can''t stand Nikki and that damn nasty dad of hers...OMG he creeps me out totally! I still have yet to watch last nights episode (on tivo) but how creepy was it that Bill walked in the bedroom during their boys b-day party and she was laying with her face in his lap...I dunno...maybe it wouldn''t be so creepy if he wasn''t such a dirtbag. I thought there was something not so right about that whole scene
14.gif
I seriously can''t even imagine dealing with any other women...my husband and I were watching and he was saying he couldn''t imagine dealing with more than one wife as all the bitching would drive him up the wall not to mention having that many kids
38.gif
That''s when I said I''d have to be the ''show wife'' like Barb...no way could I take a backseat to anyone else. What kind of stress that must be to hide your life from society like they have to especially for his business...

Back to Sopranos...I totally forgot about Paulie (don''t know how I could as he was the annoying part of last night''s show)...oh he so annoyed me. And what''s up with the way he treated his ''mother'' (lady that raised him). I can see being angry but she loved him and now he''s treating her like a piece of garbage. Be mad at the nun who gave you up but this lady gave him her love and raised him...he''s just being a baby
38.gif
And to beat that guy''s knee in...what a moron...now if Tony finds out...look out Paulie! I had a hard time following all of that last night as everytime they showed him he was just being a whiner and wallowing in self pity. I really liked how Tony came down on him when he was looking at the burn victim girl that was brought in...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results