shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll for people with kids

How do you feel about having your kids?

• Having kids is the best decision I ever made, no regrets whatsoever.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I love my kids, but I miss the freedom I had before kids.

• If I could do it over, I would not have had kids at this point in my life.

• Other (please explain!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 12:17:32 PM
Author: Matatora

Date: 4/3/2006 10:28:44 AM
Author: Sundial

Date: 4/2/2006 10:19:06 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 4/1/2006 10:01:45 AM
Author: KristyDarling
EXACTLY, word-for-word what Diamondlil said (though I voted ''love my kids by miss my freedom). And my kids are a teensy bit younger than hers though (almost 3 and 14 months).
9.gif
no freedom for us until they become independent. that''s what my wallet been telling me.
7.gif
I''m with you on this Dancing Fire! Our kids may be out of the house now, but real freedom will come when we can get them employed and earning their own money!!!

Do ya''ll really feel that way? My sister is 25 lives in Tx and our parents in NJ. She is off on her own, happy and bright. And yet I know my parents worry about her everyday, is she happy, does she like her PhD program, is she eating right? And they have a 5 and 13 year old as well as me.

I think once you have them, they are yours forever....there is so much to being a parent. I am so grateful that my parents are mine.
Matatora they ARE yours forever and you DO worry about them all the time when they don''t live at home anymore, but I will still be glad when they are self supporting (and of course hopefully happy)!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 7:13:48 PM
Author: pearcrazy
I think when you''re ready to have a baby ''you''ll just know''. Kind of like knowing when the right man has come along. You just know. There''s nothing magic about turning 30. If you and DH are happy and content then why change it? The clock is ticking but not quite that fast, so relax.

As far as getting day to day activities done, some you get to and some you don''t. It gives multi-tasking a whole new meaning. Hobbies and time with adult friends definately changes. You don''t give it up completely but it certainly gets put on the backburner a lot. I still keep up with my girlfreinds from college. Most of have children but some don''t and we always find time for each other. It takes a lot more planning, but we get it done. It''s important to maintain adult friendships.

Diapers are only scary when baby is sick, and baby will get sick!! Nothing like accidentally getting poop under your fingernails to really give you the heebie jeebies!!
32.gif
You just deal with it. I don''t see how people pick up their doggie''s poop, but alas they love those critters and they just do it. Same with diapers. You get used to it. If I can get through double diaper duty and be a pro then anyone can. It is easier when it''s your own kid though I must say. I swear, I don''t know how daycare workers do it, they all have halos over their heads.

Work or stay home, I didn''t know what I was going to do either. I just decided to go with the flow and see how it worked out. As it turned out I decided that I really didn''t want to be a stay at home mom and went back to work part time. It was what I needed to do and wanted to do and it''s worked out well for us.
Thanks Pearcrazy, for your thoughtful reply.

Do other people agree that when you''re ready to have a baby, you just know? I tend to over-analyze things, but when the right man came along (I was 18 and not even looking!) I DID just know.

Also, diapers... do other people agree that you get used to it and it''s easier when it''s your own kid? I never thought I would get used to picking up after my dogs and let me tell ya, I still think it''s gross, but I do it...

slammie

Shiny_Rock
I''m 99% #1 with the remaining 1% at #2. Actually it''s not so much missing the freedom; rather, why the heck didn''t I get out more, travel, etc before the baby?!?
Being a mom is the most incredible, amazing, undescribable experience. Wishike I had my DS in my late twenties instead of early thirties..when I had more energy!

Most of all, I was totally unprepared for just how hard it is to bring up a child. The first 5 months was soooo hard for us. I absolutely have no regrets but if I knew before what we had to go through, I probably would have been too chicken to have kids!
32.gif

I was hoping for two but still not convinced I''m ready for another one in the near future..yet anyway.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 11:32:46 PM
Author: gailrmv
Date: 4/2/2006 7:13:48 PM

Author: pearcrazy

I think when you''re ready to have a baby ''you''ll just know''. Kind of like knowing when the right man has come along. You just know. There''s nothing magic about turning 30. If you and DH are happy and content then why change it? The clock is ticking but not quite that fast, so relax.

As far as getting day to day activities done, some you get to and some you don''t. It gives multi-tasking a whole new meaning. Hobbies and time with adult friends definately changes. You don''t give it up completely but it certainly gets put on the backburner a lot. I still keep up with my girlfreinds from college. Most of have children but some don''t and we always find time for each other. It takes a lot more planning, but we get it done. It''s important to maintain adult friendships.

Diapers are only scary when baby is sick, and baby will get sick!! Nothing like accidentally getting poop under your fingernails to really give you the heebie jeebies!!
32.gif
You just deal with it. I don''t see how people pick up their doggie''s poop, but alas they love those critters and they just do it. Same with diapers. You get used to it. If I can get through double diaper duty and be a pro then anyone can. It is easier when it''s your own kid though I must say. I swear, I don''t know how daycare workers do it, they all have halos over their heads.

Work or stay home, I didn''t know what I was going to do either. I just decided to go with the flow and see how it worked out. As it turned out I decided that I really didn''t want to be a stay at home mom and went back to work part time. It was what I needed to do and wanted to do and it''s worked out well for us.

Thanks Pearcrazy, for your thoughtful reply.

Do other people agree that when you''re ready to have a baby, you just know? I tend to over-analyze things, but when the right man came along (I was 18 and not even looking!) I DID just know.

Also, diapers... do other people agree that you get used to it and it''s easier when it''s your own kid? I never thought I would get used to picking up after my dogs and let me tell ya, I still think it''s gross, but I do it...

I agree with pearcrazy. I knew I wanted kids "someday" then I met my sweetie and I wanted a mini him asap! Diapers for me aren''t even that gross..I was just amazed what came out of the tiny body in the first few weeks and then solids...phew! But it''s my baby so it''s not bad at all. Although I still struggle with him peeing everywhere when I take the darn diaper off
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results