shape
carat
color
clarity

My email feedback lol Jogia Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am in the market for a nice princess cut diamond, and looking to buy online. Anyway, I have been emailing Jogia Diamonds here in Australia (anyone have any experience with them?) and sent this email this afternoon:

Hello again,

I have now decided that I am not wanting the trilliant diamonds anymore, and just the princess centre stone (probably on a half-eternity style band). Anyway, I have had a good search on your database, and am after something along these lines

Princess
0.9 – 1.05 Ct
F – G colour
Not less than SI1 or SI2 for clarity – but must be “eye-clean”
L/W 1.00 – 1.04

I understand that it is very difficult to ascertain the brilliance and sparkle of a princess cut just going by the numbers, but maybe something in the range of:

Depth: 64 – 75%
Table: 63 – 75%
Crown height: 10 – 15%

Cut is absolutely the most important factor to me, then probably Carat, Colour and Clarity. I would hate to follow the numbers of an “ideal cut” and be stuck with something that has limited brilliance, fire and scintillation! For my soon-to-be fiancé, cost is his concern (no appreciation for diamonds!), so I would rather look at the F or G colour and down to an SI1 or 2 (again eye-clean very important, also location and type of inclusions) to keep him happy!

So a few questions:

Do you provide an Idealscope image? Any other light images to display brilliance, fire and scintillation?
What are your thoughts on numbers for princess cuts?
What is your definition of “eye-clean”?
What is the cost of viewing diamonds in person (I am in QLD, Sunshine Coast area)
Are the diamonds screened by your company before reaching the customer?
Is there someone in the Brisbane – Sunshine Coast region that you would recommend to set the stone and provide the setting?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this is a bit of an overwhelming process! We are definitely looking to purchase in the next couple of months. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks again,

Brooke

Anyway, 10 minutes later Mr Jogia himself called me and told me my email made him and everyone laugh because of the detail put into it!! He wants to frame it.

So please let me know if you have had any experience with him, I think I made his Friday afternoon!

And also, is what I am requesting reasonable? Heaven forbid, have I missed anything?

Cheers
19.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a great email!!! No...I don''t think you missed much. It sounds like you know exactly what you want and are a good shopper. Unfortunately, being in the states I don''t have any experience with aussie jewelers, but perhaps someone here does. I do know that there are many trusted online vendors here such as whiteflash, james allen, good old gold, dirtcheapdiamonds, etc...but I''m not sure how it works to ship to other countries. I would highly recommend buying from a trusted vendor online with good return/upgrade policies because you are actually more likely to get higher quality and lower cost than jewelry stores. Many people here have been very happy with both the expert selection princess diamonds from whiteflash and the signature series princess at james allen/dirt cheap diamonds.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...now that I thinking about it...you did miss a couple of minor things heehee...but you can only write so much in one email. Do you have a specific budget? How about flourescence (med blue or lower is probably fine, depends on preference), girdle (not too thick or thin), spread...? These diamonds from whiteflash look pretty good, but with higher clarity than necessary...but I''m not an expert around here, but I''m sure someone will chime in.

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2323677.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2265080.htm#

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply kcoursolle, and the links. I haven''t really looked online in other countries as I am unsure about shipping etc, also with return policies it is difficult being overseas if you only have a few days. They look like really nice diamonds though!

Jogia and Diamond Exchange here in Oz seem to be pretty reasonable. Jogia has sent me a list of customers I can contact, and is happy to send the diamond to somewhere nearby (about 2 hrs drive) no charge. I haven''t spoken to the other mob just yet! Early stages at the moment! This is hard work, phew!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We have handled a few Jogia sales here and all has been well with these deals. Although at a great distance, these people seem to have personality and an interest in the advancement of customer relationships with their firm. I have no reason to warn you away.

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Thanks David, I appreciate your feedback. On a different note, your website has been very helpful to me! Thank you!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi honeyfly,
I too am interested in what Jogia have to offer. I am after an upgrade maybe 1.2 1.3 F s11 ideal cut. They sure do have a lot of stones on offer but I assume they come from OS. Certifcation worries me but I would run any stones stats through Garry''s Holloway Cut advisor. I too would be very interested in yours or any others experience with them

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Bump

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Hi Katebar,

I have had a couple of conversations with him, so far he has been really helpful. We need to save a few $$$ before I commit to looking at any though, we just put in a pool which burnt a BIG hole in our bank account! What was I thinking, where are my priorities??!!

Anyway, seeing as I am after a Princess cut it is hard to go just on the numbers, so am keen to view them. The chick at the Gold Coast has an ideal-scope thing, but he called it something else.

Will let you know after further investigation!

I have also spoken to Delphi Diamonds and waiting to hear back from Diamond Exchange. Yogesh Jogia seem to have a great range and are well priced. He has some in stock, and most on his website he needs to get overseas (the 5 I picked out, already 4 had been sold!). Send him an email, he is very quick to respond and seems like a very personable person!

Let me know of your experiences!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that honeyfly. Yes I know exactly what you mean about the moneypit known as a pool we have just finished the project after 8 months and man that''s a lot of diamond dollars! I have heard from Yogesh so I will keep in contact with him I am probably getting it set by platinumsmith (Phillip) in Melbourne he too has been great.
Now I need to take a trip down south to see his work in person

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
I can recommend Diamond Exchange - we bought my stone from them and rate them highly!

Now I''m just waiting for the ring to be finished. Must. Hurry. Up.
32.gif

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
MissIndecisive,

Have you gotten your ring yet? I have been talking to Stacy about some diamonds recently. Did you get them to set the diamond for you? And did you see the diamond unset first?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I contacted Jogia a couple of years back when I was on a quest to match stones to my original e-ring and found him very friendly and helpful. He actually brought stones to Melbourne for me to have a look but I went with an overseas vendor because I decided to get ideal H&A stones.

Hope u find a wonderful stone soon!

Jade.

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback Jade, he has been working hard to find me a stone amongst my strict parameters!! He has a nice princess for me that he is sending to DCLA for certification then to QLD so I can have a look at it. I just want to find a stone already, this is hard work and I just want that bling NOW!!!!!!!
30.gif

I''m glad you have your ideal H&A!!! They''re beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results