shape
carat
color
clarity

New engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
My bf (now fiance!) proposed today with the Flanders diamond we had picked out together, set in a Tiffany-style platinum setting. I love it! A huge thanks to Pricescope for providing resources for would-be diamond buyers, and to the helpful people here who generously share their time and knowledge.

I was absolutely blown away by how blinding white this H diamond is (thinking of the "size vs color" thread).
6.gif
It was clearly a H (very faint tint viewed upside down) before it was set, now it is icy white, whiter than white paper. I''ve been pretty good at guessing colors of pre-set diamonds at stores like Bailey Banks & Biddle. Better cut diamonds seem to be an entirely different story. (I''m just hoping mine is one of those.)
1.gif

Here are a few pictures. None of them do justice to the real life sparkle.

fl_collage.jpeg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a beautiful ring Diamond!! Can we get a closer shot of the side view?

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a few more. Dark because taken without flash (trying not to get reflection).

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very nice! I''ve never seen a 4 prong tiffany style head. Congratulations!

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sunkist! This could even be considered an 8-prong Tiffany style. This is the style our jeweler made by default (we asked for the basic solitaire), so I suppose he thinks it is the best version for an octagonal stone.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
what a gorgeous stone! I love the flanders cut... it''s like a star bursting out of your ring! LOVE IT!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t see too many flanders around here. It''s looks perfect on you..congrats.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
May I ask where you got that made, who was the jeweler? Thanks for the inspiration!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I don''t think I''ve ever really seen a flanders. Looks beautiful. Congratulations!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond and I love the setting. It looks absolutely perfect. Congrats and best wishes.

shay

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Mokey, I had mine made by Limon''s, a small family-owned jeweler near DC. I believe the prongs are hand-made, rest not.

Morning pictures show off the diamond a little better:

fl_collage4.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen a Flanders diamond before. What a gorgeous stone and the setting is so classy and elegant!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yummmmy... we don''t see too many flanders! but it''s absolutely stunning
36.gif

congrats!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone! Thanks for sharing your Flanders...a unique find around here. I love the head, very different and elegant! Congratulations from a fellow H-stone lover!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is very very nice.....
5.gif

W2W

Rough_Rock
Beautiful and congratulations.

What exactly is the flanders cut? What would you ocmpare it to?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love, love, LOVE Flanders stones, and it''s such a rare treat to see one here! Gorgeous! Love that second morning picture with all the flashes coming off that stone...yum!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful!! don''t see many Flanders.
36.gif
36.gif

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!
1.gif

Miumi, the Flanders is a square (with cut corner) shape that supposedly has the brilliance of a round. It''s the same thing as the Elara. I think all the square shapes have unique characters but if I had to pick the most similar... possibly the Jubilee or Square H&A. (Haven''t seen those myself to say for certain.)

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
It''s lovely. Very sparkly.

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
WoW!! That''s gorgeous! Look at all the colours!

Very very nice
13.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous ring -- both the stone and the mounting are fabulous. Best wishes to you!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, the ring is gorgeous, and I just love the setting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results