shape
carat
color
clarity

OK Girls is this what you are talking about ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Those two wedding bands with that round stone in the engagement ring completely dwarf your center stone to the point I hardly notice it. It's just too much and too wide for your finger. All I notice is a big wide glob of metal. I'm sorry Woobug, that's not very tactful but I really don't like that look at all.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 7:45:41 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Those two wedding bands with that round stone in the engagement ring completely dwarf your center stone to the point I hardly notice it. It''s just too much and too wide for your finger. All I notice is a big wide glob of metal. I''m sorry Woobug, that''s not very tactful but I really don''t like that look at all.

ditto I''m afraid. checkerboard. i think it''s a good exercise though to "see" before you "do" or commit any more time & resources into it.

And, honestly, I just don''t trust YOUR JEWELER. He made this to begin with. IMHO --He just doesn''t have a refined eye or know how to give you what you want. I truly wish you could go elsewhere!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow WOO I just logged in and I missed 5 pages on this topic. Sorry to chime in late but here goes.
Okay, I know I''m in the minority here, but I like two bands.
I did not like any of the bands on the first page. They don''t have the OOMMMPPPHH of your WOO Ering.
I do like the engraved bands(even without diamonds
32.gif
)
I don''t like the v notches without the marquise stone.
I think the thinned out look is okay but would love to see a round stone where the v is.
I think the band, or bands, should have the same ''spread'' across your finger as your WOO Ering.
9.gif

I love living vicariously through your jewelry.
2.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Moon
35.gif
, If you're coming in late to the tread, it's easy to confuse the two V notches. We're not talking about the old marquise notch, we all know that has to go. Now we're trying to decide on a V notch located on the outside of the band, kind of
33.gif

Anyway, WOOO, I'm starting to regress and liking the engraved bands the best. Although, I love BLING and would like to see a couple of bands with stones.

side by side vnotch.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing about the new "V" notched bands ... I thought you wanted the option to wear them ALONE??? Did that go by the wayside?
33.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 7:45:41 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Those two wedding bands with that round stone in the engagement ring completely dwarf your center stone to the point I hardly notice it. It's just too much and too wide for your finger. All I notice is a big wide glob of metal. I'm sorry Woobug, that's not very tactful but I really don't like that look at all.
kinda gotta agree with PC re the glob of metal, these rings just don't do it for me...i'm sorry woo but it's really hard for me to visualize because i feel like they all just are SO strong and metally and i would just wear the e-ring on it's own and showcase your center stone. the other rings do make your center stone look small and dwarfed and for me it's about the center stone, just my own thing though.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
You guys are really helping me.....HONEST
35.gif
I going to do this, tomorrow I am going to the DREADED mall jewelers with my camera. I am going to try on two plain bands, different diamonds bands etc. I m going to photo them. By the looks of things the hubby just may have to get upset
7.gif
I may have to do something drastic. THIS IS my WEDDING SET..........................I MUST LOVE IT
30.gif
right

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 9:16:55 PM
Author: woobug02
THIS IS my WEDDING SET..........................I MUST LOVE IT
30.gif
right

This is the whole entire truth of it. That''s what I tell my hubby when he gives his opinions on what i want for my next set
9.gif
, Seriously, you have to lOVE it and look at it everyday. You need to find what you like and makes you happy.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Woo ~
emrose.gif

I still think your Ering gets very lost is all the chunkieness of it.
emsad.gif
The center stone doens''t pop
face24.gif
, and well ... I still say "Wear your ering alone" or "Wear your ering with two very thin engraved bands". I like the idea of "less is more" for your Ering.

Best wishes to you on your search and journey for the perfect ring setting. Have a great weekend!
35.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo, went to the mall. Tried on many differnt rings, rounds, bagguettes, both, plain, channel set, prong setting, etc. After much much shopping I came to the conclusion that I must have rounds and bagguette. Just bagguette doesn''t do it but with the round it looks GREAT!!!! I tried on all carat sizes and the 1/4 ct. looks best. It just doesn''t over take it and if if if if if I wanted to get one for each side it looked great. There were no eternity like this just 1/2 way around and they looked really perfect. The one thing I must say is after visiting MANY MANY jeweler stores there was absolutely no ER that came close to mine and evertime I showed the set the sales assistances were like WOW!!! What a set. That made me feel really good. I also have to tell you that I tried on many plain bands and the 3 mm on one side or both looked really good. So now is here is my problem. Should i go with 18Kt gold just to save some big big bucks or just go for the platinum. The good news is I bought nothing :) WOOO here are some of the rings I tried on

pZALE1-2222202t240.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
plain band

240778100.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
channel

pZALE1-2299781t240.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

pZALE1-2341891t240.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
there were all very thin :) SOOOOOOOOOOOO I hope to get some good feedback. I am looking at a couple of on line vendors right now to see a couple others I tried on.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

053.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Just keeping you up to date
emteeth.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo. like this but it wasn''t eternity. They all looked nice. Sat lower so you could really see the er. No no no engraving so high polish on top. So there you have. To sell this new buy to my hubby and place those handmade platinum bands in the jeweler box should I do platinum or wg

woo3.jpg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Woo
35.gif
Thanks for the update...I''m so glad you are narrowing down your search. I love the idea of round and baqs!! I like this one the best. It looks like the best match for your ring and I like how thin it looks. I would also go for the the white gold...but what do I know
20.gif

2222202t240.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like all of the ones you posted Woo! Good job! I think they are all really good options.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about this SP band? 2.4 mm wide...I love how the bar setting matches the way the diamonds in your e-ring are set.

5698.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooooooooooooooooooo thank you..
face20.gif
Tacori, I love that band but the price just may throw the hubby over the edge right now. I have soooooo much in those other two bands. That he has given me a tight budget. He wants us to save for the Big center so doesn''t want me to go crazy until I know I LOVE THE BAND :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2006 10:17:06 PM
woooooooooooooooooooo thank you..
face20.gif
Tacori, I love that band but the price just may throw the hubby over the edge right now. I have soooooo much in those other two bands. That he has given me a tight budget. He wants us to save for the Big center so doesn''t want me to go crazy until I know I LOVE THE BAND :)

They probably can made it in a 1/2 eternity version. That should cut down the price quite a bit...just a thought
2.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo GREAT IDEA!!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, it says the also make it in 18kt gold....maybe a good cost savings too. I will call on it money. I saw nothing like it in any of the stores. I have to say that if you were in one jewelery store it seemed you had been in them all. Visiting Pricescope I see so many beautiful sets and rings. Going to the chains I saw the same er over and over again. I am so glad I found pricescope. It is funny though, my family thinks I am nuts wanting everything just perfect. HEHEHEHHE

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2006 10:48:46 PM
I am so glad I found pricescope. It is funny though, my family thinks I am nuts wanting everything just perfect. HEHEHEHHE

Aren''t we all! I *might* have turned my mom onto PS
9.gif
She is not that into jewelry *gasp* but I sent her the thread on front loading washer/dryers because they are looking to buy a new one. She said she had so much fun reading everyone''s comments. So, maybe, just maybe, I can convince her to become a member.
12.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2006 8:34:56 PM
plain band
Hi Woo ~
emrose.gif

I do like the rings you just posted. They are very pretty on their own, however ... I am again concerned with how these pretty rings will look against your substantial ering.

Some of the rings that you posted have the same idea as your original bands ... they have that big bar of metal seperating the diamonds. I still think these rings that have the "bar set" look are going to still give your set that chunky look, and again, your ering will take a back seat. Also, will the bars in the newer bands meet nicely with the ering? Or, will they look even more funny because the bars are now mis-matched?

I think to maximize your ering, you should go with the plain bands, or two plain bands that have engraving that would match your ering. I think this makes the ering definately POP!

I hope you have a wonderful day.
35.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 9:06:08 PM
Author: marvel
Hi Moon
35.gif
, If you''re coming in late to the tread, it''s easy to confuse the two V notches. We''re not talking about the old marquise notch, we all know that has to go. Now we''re trying to decide on a V notch located on the outside of the band, kind of
33.gif

Anyway, WOOO, I''m starting to regress and liking the engraved bands the best. Although, I love BLING and would like to see a couple of bands with stones.
AAAHHH, Got it. Sorry, I read over it all so fast trying to catch up.

Woo, I kinda like the 1st ring you show on this page. It goes well with the ering. If your attatched to the wedding bands maybe you could get someone to rework them to look like it.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results